Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a pay to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the opinionated negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

I'm impressed - Dyno’ed 105hp / 102 torque.

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by sir fred, Aug 11, 2019.

1. sir fred

sir fred Cruisin' Guzzisti

.History..I modded my bike shortly after purchase in 2015 by fitting the Two Brothers carbon fiber mufflers from my ST 1300 and it ran wonderfully but vibration got to them and they started to break while I was in New Hampshire this past June...After learning that the Cali 1400 was going to be discontinued, I became concerned and originally ordered Todd's H-pipe and considered his mufflers over the competition...After some emails with Todd, I went with his Shorty Full System and the Fuel Mod.
    I installed the exhaust first..It is louder than my old but I felt an improvement in performance..I installed the Dyno Jet and Auto tuner..It took me about five hours mainly due to ignorance of part terminology but wasn't too difficult...The last thing to perform is the Throttle Min/Max position to Zero of which I couldn't get my bike to do...I learned that my bike was NOT fully warmed up when I was trying initially. After FULLY warming the bike it set to Zero.
    The next day I downloaded the original map and sent it to Todd.
    Today I installed Todd's new map........WOW!...
    I always ride in Veloce. Throttle response will break the rear wheel loose and power is linear and improved.
    I now ride in Tourismo for now until I get use to the Throttle response and clutching more especially through tight turns in Veloce.

I highly recommend these mods if you intend on keeping your bike.

btw.i am retired and watch my money carefully but have no regrets.

This Wednesday there is a Dyno Day at my local Biker pub. Weather permitting I am going to run my bike and see what turns up.

2. sir fred

Put my bike on the Dyno. The numbers look high but it certainly feels impressive. This is the results: 105hp..102 torque.

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

jdub, stephenm, groundhog105 and 3 others like this.
  3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I hadn’t dyno’ed the full short system yet, but I’m not surprised. Beautiful lines.
    The 8V motor loves short exhaust systems as you’ll continually see me say. GTM delivers again. ;)
    Stock is 80hp/75 ft lbs, so significant increases. Full long system was just under 100 hp/96 ft lbs; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gtm-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

p.s. It usually takes ~3 runs to see max power on the dyno.

Nothing else to add but enjoy! Thanks for posting.

Mayakovski and sir fred like this.
  4. sir fred

Great Job, Todd!..and Thanks!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  5. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

What fairing do you have on your bike Fred. Great result

6. sir fred

H&H from Harper Moto.

65166412_3177380438953629_8955670328772657152_o.jpg

Fast1400 likes this.
  7. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Nice

sir fred likes this.
  8. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

would love to fit those shorties (in black) to my Audace, but by the time I'd factored in Tax, Shipping and exchange rate they'd come to $3kCDN - I can dream thought

9. sir fred

too bad you aren't in ontario..i'd deliver them to ya.