• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I'm not the only one!

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
Mark S. Who posts here occasionally as Mark III was up yesterday. Hes the bloke who's engine I stuffed doing the cam recall a couple of months ago. Since he got the bik back the clutch had been behaving a bit oddly, not freeing up sufficiently with the lever pulled all the way to the bar unless the lever was on its widest span. I never got to get to the root of that as he's fitted new levers which have greater adjustment than the stockers and its cured the problem. Certainly I could see nothing *wrong*???

But he observed that there seem to be an awful lot of people out there who seem to be looking, sometimes almost eagrely, for problems with their bikes???? I know this isn't a Guzzi specific thing and internet boards are always full of complaints but I have to say its something that has baffled me for a while. I honestly don't think that Guzzis and Aprilias are any more prone to problems than any other marque. Yes, there have been goof-ups but generally they are addressed reasonably quickly and efficiently and I haven't heard of any serious 'Issues' since the Tappet Fiasco with the early 8V's and that was three years ago now.

surely we aren't the only people who are happy with their 8V Guzzis???

Pete

Quite right Pete! I was happy with my G11 and now I'm happy with my G8v. Sure there are little niggles but nothing that spoils the ride or that would put me off buying another new Guzzi. But unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people out & about who still chant all the ancient myths about Italian build quality.

Good questions Pete!
Posting here means I can be physiological about this.

Do people care what others think? ....(Most probably)
Is it because you want the perfect bike? ....(Doesn't exist)
As far as people complaining? .... (They probably think they’ve been screwed)

Reactions, I get with a smile “Nice wheels” or with a smirk “Oh you got a Guzzi”said politely.
Is it because of the past reputation? If so the company will have to find a way to build public confidence.

All this to say if you can’t handle it? …. Then why did you buy Guzzi in the first place?
Then sell the bike and accept your losses or else fix it and keep on riding!

I'm no bike expert but recently, at the Montreal Moto Show, took a look at a shit load of models from
Ducati, Truimph, Kawa, Suzuki, Aprilia, KTM, BWW and I personally will stick with my Stelvio.
As far as getting the bugs out? …. time will tell …..but so far nothing serious.
WTF I recently got an LMIII .... it's gotta mean something.

My $0.02
Cheers

Well, seeing as Pete raised the subject all I can say is that I love my bike.
My experiences with my Guzzi's have been positive but I can say the same about all of the bikes I have owned road and offroad.
It just seems that some people seem to want to piss and moan and have unreasonable expectations of what afterall is a mechanical device which has a billion things that can go wrong but rarely do.
This might be because I have tried to make sure maintenance has been done properly instead of waiting until something shits itself. I like my bikes to look good but I would rather spend my limited time tightening some bolts rather than polishing the tank and fitting bits of bling. If something is working ok leave it alone.
One thing I have found that is critical with any mechanical device is that it is a good idea to read the instructions first.
Unlike many here I can only afford to own one bike so my Griso has to fill a number of tasks and so far it has performed them faultlessly.
On my way down to see Pete on Tuesday and my return the long way via the coast I had half a dozen people take time to come over and ask me about my bike when fueling up or stopping for something to eat.
They were all interested in the origin of the bike and were all attracted by its looks and sound. This is one of the great joys of owning this brand of bike i.e. it stands out from the crowd.
Boys and girls enjoy what you have.

Physiological? What is with all the hypersensitivity to other peoples opinions? I really love my Stelvio, most of the problems it has had are the result of lazy and incompetent dealers or individuals at dealers. When someone pays a near 20,000 dollar admission price, and things aren't right it's natural for them to be pissed about it. So what! I intend on keeping my bike and working through whatever it throws at me because when it is problem free it is such a joy to,own ride ,look, at whatever. There are people out there in all walks of life that are never happy... about anything. Who cares. Why bother concerning ones self with such nonsense. Moto Guzzi will rise or fall. I hope they are around for a long time,I think it would be a shame for any bike manufacturer to fail for whatever reason, but it sure as hell isn't going to be determined by someone whining about a buzz coming from their handguard on this or any other forum. My 2 cents ,and your wrong I don't care if this ensures I don't have a seat on the mother ship when it comes to take all good Guzzi owners to that planet where all Bikes are perfect and everyone is happy! By the way when are you passing out the purple coolaid?
FBC

Oh Yah! ...Oh Yah!, .......The red one is faster and better built.
There I said it!

Buisness class here I come. :cool:

:D Back in the late '80's, I sold my two year old GPZ1000RX and bought a brand new MkV LeMans. "Are you mad?" said my Jap obsessed mates. "You'll need a bigger tool roll!" etc, etc, etc. After I'd done 20,000 totally trouble free miles, and not having spent a penny at the dealers workshop, they had a grudging respect for my bike, but none of them would take the plunge, and buy one. I'm now on my fourth big twin, and I've got a NF as well! My Griso 8v is possibly the best bike I've ever had. Guzzi have come a very long way since I got my MkV, and long may they continue. No, they're not for everyone, but for those that "get it" nothing else will do. If I didn't ride my Griso, I'd get nearly as much enjoyment from just looking at it!

I think it's inherent to fora that people post problems to get an answer to it wich makes it looks like its a bike with a lot of troubble Before i bouht my griso SE i sniffed on this fora and some others. I thought i was safe from the cam problem but it happend to my bike. I was dissapointed but there was no other bike on this planet that i liked as much as my Griso. These hickups happen in all brands of bikes. My girlfriend has a BMW rockster wich loves oil that much that she has to carry a bottle with her. Some of that model have problems with the primary shaft of the gearbox. There's something wrong with every brand at some time. The Griso now has 15 k km on the clock, and as the weather was good today I took my chance and took her for a ride. This bike loves it all, autobahn or throug the villages never a problem.
She turns heads even when she's parked. I love that bike and there's no other brand that i like as much as guzzi.
So pete,.. another happy camper here

I have to agree with Pete, that in my case too many V7C riders are always coming up with problems, enough to scare future owners away from the brand. Then there are the big block owners who are always ripping the small blocks as to underpowered, yada, yada, yada :lol: All I know is that I have over 12,000 miles on my 09 V7C, and I put it in the capable hands of Steve at Moto-Nexus (the US version of the infamous Pete Roper :lol: ). At 71 I have had my fill of crawling on the ground doing oil changes, and other service's. Steve keeps my bike running like a top, so I can just spend my time riding my Italian beauty.

Bill Maier

My Guzzi's have been the most reliable bikes I have ever owned.

I love my 8v Stelvio! Just a wonderful motor.

06 G11 with a few mods
never had any drama's with it :D
Even floated into Bungendore to say Gday to Pete a few months back only to find he had fled to some race meeting further south that day. :eek:
Floated because I'd been riding through pouring rain all the way from Brisbane on my way to the home ranch in the Riverina doing backroads . :lol:
Never flinched at the wet gravel roads I somehow got us onto inthe hills and just ate up the highway on a fast run back to Brisbane a couple of days later. :mrgreen:
I love the MISTRESS as my wife has christened the G11.
After 20 yrs of wanting a Guzzi I finally got off a big Suzuki and bought the Griso without riding it.
\First impression was ,S&%T this is different. :!:
I do fly in/ fly out work so am limited in my time at home on the bike but I no longer own any other bikes or a car. B)

Got that hooked we are going to Italy for a holiday in september touring on a Guzzi.
I love my Guzzi because of everthing that makes it stand apart from all the other brands on the market.

I have an 2010 Griso 8V. Super bike! Love the looks and performance. Everyone that sees it thinks that it is awsome! :D
I have had no problems with it. The dealer is competant and the first service was done without any issues or drama. The dealer ordered accessories from Guzzi and they got there in week. Dealer says he never has any problems getting parts and accessories from Guzzi. Not sure what the problems are with service and getting parts. :roll:
I think that the fit and finish is very good and everything works well. You would think I was riding some Japanese appliance. I love the bike for all the reasons I mentioned and that it is different.
Enjoy.
Tony C

Hi Pete,

Sure, we're not the only one... But we are only a "few", we have it exclusively...
That's one reason I bought my G12.
You won't see him at every corner of the street.
He is looking fabulous, even more than that.
With several modifications (exhaust, airfilter/box, mapping (!), adjusting suspension), he's driving like hell.
I have made him MY bike by adding several red accents on the Guzzi.
And (till now) he's very reliable, but I only did about 4000 km. The G12 has a bit more than 6200 km now.
Last weekend I was in Luxembourg, at a campingsite. There were a lot of bikers.
My G12 took a lot of attention from the other bikers and several asked me about the G12.
My wife is driving herself (a Yamaha XV535), but drove as my passenger a bit through luxembourg.
At one time I asked her to hold firm and accelerated in 3th towards 7k revs.
She shouted for fun... wauw, she loved the sound, the bite of the bike, the fast accelerating...
The day later, we where driving home. Nearly home, a very nice corner at the highway...
The speed is advised at 90km/h, but there where 2 sighns...
So... I nearly did it with 180... leaving my darling wife at her own...
Wow, I really love this bike. He's doing everything I want.
Later this year, in September, I'll take my bike to the place where he's born... To Mandello.
To respect my bike, to respect the name Guzzi, to show my bike my love.
No Pete, you're not the only one, there are more like us...

Ad

Me too. When I first got my Stelvio it had to have a couple of warranty problems fixed. My dissapointment was not about the bike but the time the dealer took to fix the problems. I must say our Australian distributor JSG did their bit as far as customer service satisfaction. Since getting the bike back it now has over 3000 ks on it and it just seems to be getting better to ride.

I am glad I made the decision to switch from a Suzuki to the Stelvio, its great to have a bike that stands apart from the norm.

Gary

Hi Mickyvee...
No, my bikes surely are positive males! Real males. B)
I don't fight with girls... B)
Try to say to a Hells Angel, he's riding a pussy (his Harley)... :mrgreen: oooh dear...
By the way... don't do that above... :whistle:
So as well my Harley as my G12 are real men! (... I'm NOT a Hells Angel...)
Riding and fighting a bike is still a men's job...
Although woman can drive too... But they do that to please her husband, friend.

Ad
PS I'm not a woman unfriendly type...

Here in Holland I am positive as well... i owned a V65 lario....... man, if i got one dollar for everytime people said... "those valves will let you down pretty soon" i would have been millionair!!
The guzzi kept running properly till i traded it in against a LMII. Had some things with it .... gearbox blocked but than it was about twentyfour years old.... .

Now after riding two Italian V twin's (with the engine mounted in an other way so they need a chain ;) i am back to Guzzi. Have a V7C (racer) now and love the bike. No problems, but an vent tube that came loose. Put a tiny clamp there and problem solved.
In my opinion my guzzi is just as good (or even more reliable) as any other bike is.

Today, while i was riding on the racer, i compared it with the Suzuki T500 i used to ride in the seventies... it has about the same power (that was the link) but it keeps on going. The soes alwayse needed a bit of work after every ride...;)

Well I've been towing bikes for a living for the last 3 years, in that time I've picked up 3 Guzzi's.
All of them were crashed, any other MG's I may have towed were in resto mode.

Must say I've learnt to love Harley's :D $$$ :D

Biggest problem these days is the manufacturers of crotch rockets want every component smaller and lighter. Such that Honda specified a 7 amp/hour battery for the CBR1000RR. Three stabs of the starter button and she can be dead as a door nail. Reg/rec's are prone to failure as charging system is working overtime, all the time. Said hi-tech Yuasa batteries are expensive, so local Honda dealer stocks and sells cheap arsed Chinese copy that has even less cold cranking amps, and the problems increase. :D $$$ :D I carry fully charged Yuasa batteries in my ute.

I love my Breva 1100, best bike I have owned to date. Has yet to let me down or cause me any real drama.
Runs so good, I get amazed each time I ride it.

Guzzi makes the best motorcycle on the planet. If you don't agree, go ride something less! :)

An interesting subject this, and one close to my heart.
Any problems associated with Italian bikes tend to get widely publicised whilst similar issues with Japanese bikes tend to get quickly forgotten about.
I've often wondered why.
Many's the time I've got into conversation with other riders who recall stories with the Guzzi's they once owned.
One guy on a VFR recounted an event where back in the 80's, his friends Le Mans caught fire.
I asked him how long he'd been riding, and it was about 30 years.
Long enough obviously, to remember his bikes predecessor, the early Honda V4's that used to self destruct and eat their own engines.
Interestingly, he had no recollection of that, or indeed other horror stories related to Japanese bikes.
Anyone remember "carb icing" on some of the big Kawasaki's in the 80's, that was actually responsible for the deaths of quite a few riders.
Mention that to most Japanese bike riders today and they'll look at you with a blank expression, but yet they'll recount with devastating accuracy the day they found the chrome falling off their front mudguard on the 1980's T3.
Go figure
:?

Back