• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Imperia and back

Robert Gibson

High Miler
GT Contributor
In April she who must be obeyed and I undertook a 2000km road trip from our home in Menorca to Imperia in Italy via Nimes in France, fantastic roads though I would recommend avoiding the autopista (motorway) because of tolls and boredom. Anyway, I digress, the steed of choice at the time was my R1200C Montauk but during our stay saw many bikes including some Guzzi's which got me thinking......On the route home we had to kill some time in Barcelona and 'just happened' to stop at Motos Caparros (longest established MG dealer in Spain I believe), who 'just happened' to have a second hand Cali 1400 Tourer. After trying the bike for size I knew the Montauk had to go (it was a short lived love affair), and was promptly put up for sale unfortunately at a loss however, as the bella signora was a must have. A internet search and a few phone calls confirmed that my nearest MG dealer Casa Capo in Mallorca had a Tourer in stock and as I had a buyer for the Montauk a deal was struck.
So here we are, I have recently been in contact with Todd and in November my wife and I will fly to San Diego for a three days before moving on to LA for a couple of nights prior to lodging and renting a Guzzi through Todd. Looking forward to it immensely, in the meantime here are some photos of Imperia etc. The last photo is mine by the way.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 12
Let me ensure that I understand this.

You live on a 271SM island with -- I couldn't find quickly -- 1/X miles of roads ... and you bought a C14 Touring?;)

Seriously, given your travels -- and assuming ferries don't break the bank! :worried: -- a great mount for LD touring, especially with a pillion.

My brother had one, tho he sold it because he missed his Norge so much. While he had it, I rode it a bit and thought it stupendous for its niche. Power was grand and handling an unexpected pleasant surprise.

Oh, and a great trip report. Envious. :clap:

Bill

You got it Bill, although the island is small and scooters are of course in the majority (I had a TMax for 10 years) there is a large big bike following (customharleymenorca.blogspot.com). I try to get off the island at least twice a year, Mallorca has some great roads and scenery and there are decent ferries to Barcelona or Valencia which once there opens up Europe.
The first two photos are where I live and the following two photos were a trip to Mallorca in December a couple of years ago finally a day out 10k from home.
Rob

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful bike, beautiful island and mainland Europe just a hop away. Do you feel, the waves of envy I'm emitting?

Back