• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Info please on nonelectronic Guzzi

Niri Tawa

Just got it firing!
Hi folks, I just joined, I have been riding since 1968, starting out in standards, and then quickly working up to sport bikes, almost all Japanese. I would now like to get something more suited to cruising, and very reliable, hence, a Guzzi. I will need to buy a used one, as I absolutely detest electronic injection and ignition on anything, two wheels or four, and I would like something 750 c.c.'s or larger. When was the last year for a Delorto carbureted, points fired Guzzi in the States? I don't want to set the asphalt on fire any more, I just want to cruise at 60 to 65, on the far west Texas two lanes, for morning coffee, or a good lunch. THANKS for any advice.
Sabrina, "Brie".

I am not the Guzzi aficionado that most of the others here are, and in fact I am a new Guzzi owner that is putting an old one on the road. I would like to suggest you start with watching Craigslist for what pops up that is in good shape and see what suits your fancy. Good ones go quickly.

Hi Brie, welcome to the Forum. Looks like you're a stick and rudder pilot (you'll find plenty of those here too); So I hear you on being analog. As stated above, a good place to start if you really like tinkering as much as riding. That said, I too lived carbs 1/2 my life so far, but truly went digital in late '99 with my (injected) California Jackal. It will never leave my garage. So that said, I would highly recommend a newer V7, or this just popped up; http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/5502333337.html - stone ax reliable and fun to ride as well.
Best to you on your search.

Hi folks, I just joined, I have been riding since 1968, starting out in standards, and then quickly working up to sport bikes, almost all Japanese. I would now like to get something more suited to cruising, and very reliable, hence, a Guzzi. I will need to buy a used one, as I absolutely detest electronic injection and ignition on anything, two wheels or four, and I would like something 750 c.c.'s or larger. When was the last year for a Delorto carbureted, points fired Guzzi in the States? I don't want to set the asphalt on fire any more, I just want to cruise at 60 to 65, on the far west Texas two lanes, for morning coffee, or a good lunch. THANKS for any advice.
Sabrina, "Brie".

If you want no electronics. Anything from the T3, to a California II or SP I should answer what you are looking for. Now finding one in good condition will be the problem.

Also all the Le Mans Mk4 & 5's are affordable low maintenance reliable tourers with long legs & excellent handling.
They are 1000cc machines that get good range & 50 mpg out of their tanks; & all have that Guzzi big beat charm.
You might have to get used to the integral braking - a lot of opinions on them but they are absolutely superlative in the wet.
Easier to remove the dizzy for a quick tune up & with 40mm DeLorttos offer good performance.
I love my carb'd 1100 sport but they come with electronic ignition & are harder to find.
there are good medium mileage Le Mans bikes if you keep looking & they are actually appreciating in value.
Good luck with your search.

THANKS for the info, guys, Now I know what to look for. Hey GT-Rx, yeah, I fly the classics, which is one of the reasons that I have so much faith in Carbs, and points. My 1940 Taylorcraft still fly's on the Stromberg NAS-3 Carbureted, Bendix Scintilla Magneto fired engine that was designed for it. 76 years, and still flying strong, now THAT'S reliability.

My pleasure, so fabric body/wing, yes? My good friend had one in which he personally made a wood prop and fixed the factory compass, which as I understand was quite rare.
You'll love Guzzi, no matter which you choose.

Not sure how familiar you are with older Guzzi's.
This is 1989 Mille GT. 1000cc Carbs Seat has been upgraded.
She likes to cruise at 70 to 80 mph and fuel goes to 175 miles between fills.
M4

If you want no electronics. Anything from the T3, to a California II or SP I should answer what you are looking for. Now finding one in good condition will be the problem.

Thanks for the information. as a matter of fact, I kind of fell in love with the Californian, decades ago, and am currently searching locally for one. If I can't find one in a month or so, I will open up my search area to anywhere in the Central and Mountain time zones.

Image Image Image Image Image Image If you look at the UK ebay you might find some affordable Guzzi's.
I bought this 1988 Le Mans with only18k miles from a second hand car dealer who also had bikes.
Had it shipped it to NZ cheaper than what they sell here for, & our $ value is about the same as the U.S. except our Monopoly money is only 60c to the US dollar.
I fitted new mufflers (didn't like the carbon fibre Tergonomoni's it came with which did not suit the bike) made my own baffles, & being megaphones they upped the performance & she sounded fantastic!
Guzzi's are very popular in NZ as we are blessed with great roads & varied terrain.
I added the microlight Spitfire pics since you like planes - all fibreglass - sold for $13k NZ

View attachment 9992 View attachment 9993 View attachment 9994 View attachment 9995 View attachment 9992 View attachment 9993 If you look at the UK ebay you might find some affordable Guzzi's.
I bought this 1988 Le Mans with only18k miles from a second hand car dealer who also had bikes.
Had it shipped it to NZ cheaper than what they sell here for, & our $ value is about the same as the U.S. except our Monopoly money is only 60c to the US dollar.
I fitted new mufflers (didn't like the carbon fibre Tergonomoni's it came with which did not suit the bike) made my own baffles, & being megaphones they upped the performance & she sounded fantastic!
Guzzi's are very popular in NZ as we are blessed with great roads & varied terrain.
I added the microlight Spitfire pics since you like planes - all fibreglass - sold for $13k NZ

Thanks for the info, by the way, that is a nice microlight.

Thanks for the information. as a matter of fact, I kind of fell in love with the Californian, decades ago, and am currently searching locally for one. If I can't find one in a month or so, I will open up my search area to anywhere in the Central and Mountain time zones.

So you are looking for an old loop frame? They are great machines.

If you find one outside of your area and would consider shipping the company I have used in the past is haulbikes.com
They mainly transport Harleys but have no problem shipping other bikes. They have been good people to deal with.
One of the few companies that will ship the bike without it being crated or have to drain fluids.

So you are looking for an old loop frame? They are great machines.

If you find one outside of your area and would consider shipping the company I have used in the past is haulbikes.com
They mainly transport Harleys but have no problem shipping other bikes. They have been good people to deal with.
One of the few companies that will ship the bike without it being crated or have to drain fluids.

I will check them out. I fell in love with Guzzi's in the mid seventies.

If you are looking for shippers, I have used this outfit a few times. They are good. Never had any issues with them. Also no fluid draining, and they put the bike on a platform for transport. http://www.funtransport.com/ Besides, Barber's uses them so they must be careful with what they ship.

I think I found the model that I have lusted after since I was in the Army, and stationed in Germany in the mid seventies. I'll know tomorrow.

Attachments

• moto-guzzi-850-t3-03.jpg
    moto-guzzi-850-t3-03.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 9
I think I found the model that I have lusted after since I was in the Army, and stationed in Germany in the mid seventies. I'll know tomorrow.

Had one. In my opinion the best all around bike Guzzi ever built. If I hadn't been hit by a left turning car, I'd still be riding one!!

T3 = GREAT BIKE. Hope it works for you & we get to hear about some rides real soon.
I think Guzzi's are the closest thing to flying without getting off the tarmak

Looks like I'm going on a road trip monday to pick up the Guzzi. I'm 80 miles east of El Paso, and the bike is just outside of Albuquerque. My sweetie and I will take the pickup up to pick it up, and we will load it on the trailer and bring it home. It runs fine, but has not been registered in 4 years.

Back