• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Installed Powerlet in Side Panel

Dropinparts

Tuned and Synch'ed
Where I live in North Carolina we get several days each winter that you can ride if you have a little help from heated gear. I just installed a Powerlet plug, as that's what my Gerbings heated jacket liner uses. I also purchased an SAE adapter to use with a Slim air compressor I keep on board.
If you are interested in purchasing these products, here are the links to the products on Powerlets website.
PKT-046-12 Powerlet low profile Socket Kit – 12” Harness
PAC-011-06 Low Profile Plug to SAE
Powerlet_zps09kl7xcm.jpg

SAE%20Adapter_zpsxircwy99.jpg

Where I live in North Carolina we get several days each winter that you can ride if you have a little help from heated gear. I just installed a Powerlet plug, as that's what my Gerbings heated jacket liner uses. I also purchased an SAE adapter to use with a Slim air compressor I keep on board.
If you are interested in purchasing these products, here are the links to the products on Powerlets website.
Powerlet_zps09kl7xcm.jpg

Drop
I have been trying to find the right place to install my Powerlet kit (i bought the 24 inch not knowing how or where I was going to install mine) How did you remove the cover from the bike to drill the hole? By looking at your pic, it looks like your (Or my leg) would be in the way of the plugged in accessory, have you had any issues?

Hello Yarvis,
The short version is... I cheated. I had my bike in the shop having other work done, so I had them do it. So I can't tell you about the difficulty in removing the side cover. Had to be simple enough as they only charged me for a half hour of labor.

As for interference with my leg, there is none. It is behind my leg and I do use the plug in the picture above, which is a low profile plug with a 90 degree angle.

i

The side cover is held on by three simple allen bolts, one under the seat. The cable release is also part of it, but likely not needed to be removed for the installation of the powerlet.

The side cover is held on by three simple allen bolts, one under the seat. The cable release is also part of it, but likely not needed to be removed for the installation of the powerlet.

And it's Todd for the tap-in! The crowd is going wild!

Thanks Todd. :rofl:

Hello Yarvis,
The short version is... I cheated. I had my bike in the shop having other work done, so I had them do it. So I can't tell you about the difficulty in removing the side cover. Had to be simple enough as they only charged me for a half hour of labor.

As for interference with my leg, there is none. It is behind my leg and I do use the plug in the picture above, which is a low profile plug with a 90 degree angle.

i
Drop:
Thanks for the speedy reply! I actually use an old Widder vest that STILL works and it uses the BMW type plug so it would/should install into the Powerlet with no issues. I was actually looking at the small little panel next to the side cover which would be directly to the back side of my left sadle bag. But after looking at it for a long while I don't think it would fit from the back side and be easy to get my plug in and out of. Your solution looks good especially if it would be behind my leg! Thank you for the reply and the help. My dealer (I believe) had left or installed a small pig tail that was to the side of my left saddle bag. I was using that to trickle charge my battery the last two winters. But having a Powerlet would be so much cleaner and quicker.

Todd:
I tried removing that side panel cable and for the life of me, I have no clue how one would remove it. My bike is white and the black cover of the Powerlet sticks out a bit so I have been real picky of where it would go. Dropin's solution is ok, but I was trying to find a more out of sight location. While I have you, I see you carry Skene products? I bought his Aux lighting kit with the turn signals option, could you tell me where to tap into the wiring? Jerry Skene says to avoid any issues to get a constant source of power to tap into the license plate bulb and so forth, i am assuming all of the wiring is under the seat, but where exactly? Have any tips?

I placed the mounting ring on my bike with some blue painters tape to see if it would interfere with my leg and of course, it did! Looks like this would work best for me if the socket was installed closer to the actual key hole on the panel. Thanks for the tip and pic Drop!

Powerlet_zps09kl7xcm.jpg

I was able to mount my low profile Powerlet socket kit with a now discontinued multi fit "L" shaped bracket from Powerlet. What I really like about my install is that I didn't have to drill any holes into plastic parts and the socket is a bit further down and to the left away from my leg.

Attachments

• socket 1.jpg
    socket 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 49
  • socket 2.jpg
    socket 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 41
  • socket 3.jpg
    socket 3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I have installed a dual USB outlet attached to the handle-bar. This works great as I can charge items with them being stored in the handle-bar bag. The power is from the same circuit as the GPS, this is a 15 amp circuit so no issues with power. Also, I purchased a battery tender attachment to USB, I have used this mostly for the helmet communicator.

Attachments

• IMG_20150721_204735.jpg
    IMG_20150721_204735.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20150721_204841.jpg
    IMG_20150721_204841.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20150721_204809.jpg
    IMG_20150721_204809.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 37
Was the supplied wiring enough to get from the bars to the battery? I like the setup!

Back