• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Instrument Panel Condensation

pbears

Tuned and Synch'ed
I recall this issue on the old forum but don't recall outcomes or solutions.
I took my Stelvio out for its first extended run of the year in dry/bright conditions yesterday but found the panel completely obscured by condensation within minutes. Over the next 100 miles or so of riding in the sun, it began to clear from the top left of the screen but still around 25% was obscure in the bottom right, by the end.
Has anyone run across the same problem?
Is there a straight forward solution?
Has your dealer or MG provided any rectification?
Thanks.
Martin

Yes I get the same, although have not used my Stelvio in the really cold weather, so not been as badly affected, I used to have a Multistrada which was terrible on that front and I often thought about putting a bag of Selica Gel somewhere inside the instruments, I didn't get round to it, but the thought was there !

I was told by my dealer they had that problem on the earlier bikes, damp or water coming in from the top glass, they modified it on the later bikes, always had the broblem on early 70s BMW , we used to drill a small hole in the bottom of the instrument, always worked for me, Cheers G

I have seen the same problem on my new Stelvio. I took it out on a cold day and it quickly displayed condensation. I've ridden my bike less than 400 miles and was disappointed to see that on a new bike. I will be reporting the problem to the dealer when I take it in for the 1000 mile service.

I had an issue with my Norge with some condensation in the dashboard and the unit was replaced under warranty by the dealer - it did take awhile though, as MG took a bit of time fixing the issue before sending out corrected units. I suppose a talk with the individual at your dealer who handles warranty work would be a good starting point.

Hello
Yes i have the same problem i am about to contact my dealer with regards to this as it needs to go in for the technical update anyway. if i get a result i'll post it on the forum.I do like the idea of the silica gell but do not know if unplugging the dash will loose any information or settings. Anybody with any knowledge on what would happen if dash unplugged could they please post a reply.

Radders

radders wrote:
I do like the idea of the silica gell but do not know if unplugging the dash will loose any information or settings. Anybody with any knowledge on what would happen if dash unplugged could they please post a reply.

You lose your current trip info is all.

Finally got the dashboard replaced under warranty, at the 6k service. All that was needed was a photograph of the misted-up window. This proved more difficult than I imagined as the weather conditions took ages to replicate the problem! The only downside appears to be that the odometer now registers zero. There are worse problems at sea..................

Hey Pbears, you can't by any chance get the original one back can you - I need some parts out of it.

I got an exact price on a replacement from Mario @ Thunderbikes in Perth on Friday and actually the $1100 estimate was a bit lite on, actual price is $1495 AUD, so I regretfuly declined.

Hi Mike
Contacted Charlie of Motosportaprilia.com who said they have to keep the old one for 3 months. However, believe they do have one or two from previous warranty exchanges and he said for you to contact him. They could 'sell you one'. Phone number is UK 01929555003
Cheers
Martin

Thanks heaps mate - I have a few irons in the fire to get the bits I need and will give them a ring to see if they can help as well.

I owe you a beer, will XXXX do? :cheer:

I just ran across this 3 days ago. Warmest day of the year yet 25 Celsius. Noticed some condensation from 1000-2000 on my tach. Rode for about 2 hours in stop and go traffic (pure shite),whomever said commuting on a stelvio was viable is a masochist. I'll take my couch like jeep liberty thank you. Anyway by the time I got home the moisture had disappeared , rode 3.5 hrs. Today in 17 degree weather with no sign of it. Wierd.

Back