• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

interesting teardown of a V85 at 50k kms

tobinh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
motociclismo.it/long-test-moto-guzzi-v85-tt-dopo-50000-km-81412

bit of a funky translation, but an interesting read. especially for those concerned by the perceived 'knocking' present on many of the stock bikes.

Interesting read, indeed. Thanks for posting. Good to hear that the engine and bike held up well, but I did note that a wheel spoke broke and had to be replaced at 10,000k / 6,200 miles, which is now the second instance I’ve heard of broken spokes on the E5 wheels. The other posted here as I recall, and on Adv, and that one resulted in a catastrophic wheel failure, and significant injuries.

I have just over 5k miles on my E5 right now, and I’ve been paranoid about spoke/wheel failure after reading that last story.Of course, I check religiously after each ride, but can’t help but wonder when the other spoke will drop… Wonder in the back of my mind if a swap to a more stable wheel is in order at some point (or even available, other than the pricey Kineo option).

ADD475D1 8032 4517 8937 B9B5308A8FCF

I had the same rims on my 1200 caponord, and 1 or 2 spokes were broken .
In fact, it's not a problem, no risk . It's easy to replace , but you can continue you trip with 1 or 2 spokes broken .

Photos of the catastrophic failure posted earlier show the spoke nipples broken at the hub, not like this which shows the head of the spoke broken off at the rim.

I would be reluctant to ride further than the nearest service location (at slow speed) with a broken spoke after seeing the photos of the catastrophic failure.

Photos of the catastrophic failure posted earlier show the spoke nipples broken at the hub, not like this which shows the head of the spoke broken off at the rim.

I would be reluctant to ride further than the nearest service location (at slow speed) with a broken spoke after seeing the photos of the catastrophic failure.
My thoughts exactly. I’ll continue to check mine often.

Although they were obviously made much better than the V7/V9/V85 platform wheels, I swapped my Stelvio NTX spoke wheels for cast wheels long ago. (Spokes are a major pain in the ass.)

Never looked back.

Cast wheels are just 100x better for me.

Although they were obviously made much better than the V7/V9/V85 platform wheels, I swapped my Stelvio NTX spoke wheels for cast wheels long ago. (Spokes are a major pain in the ass.)

Never looked back.

Cast wheels are just 100x better for me.
I’d consider cast wheels for the V85 if available!

Ok - maybe now I'm More OK with the V7 having the cast wheels vs. the Spoked wheels I was more Interested in Initially :)
( Although Im guessing the V7 Racer and V85 spoked wheels aren't the same )

Back