• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Intermittent service light, no error codes.

archercc

Cruisin' Guzzisti
For the past week or two while riding the red triangle and the SERVICE lights up the dash. It will do that for a bit and then go away.

Ive tried reading the codes but nothing comes back. All zeroes on the active and memo on the dash codes and all zeroes for the ECU. But the ECU only says "active." The light never stays on long enough to get pulled over, put in the code and attempt to read.

Id hope/wish the ECU would store whatever that error is but nothing (guess we are talking about Italian engineering logic). We even hooked it up to the computer to see if there were any flags or errors anywhere and the bike was running in spec.

Anyone else have any experience with this issue?

Most likely culprit is the oil pressure sensor, or the connection to the sensor. Make sure you have a good connection there first.

Thanks but I finally caught it on the way home. It stayed on long enough to pull an ECU code of 62. No other errors.

Stepper ground issue. First I've hear of that one showing up. Glad you were able to catch it.

I'm wondering where to go from here. From what I understand its only function is to set a different cold idle. The bike seems to always idle at around 1200. I dont know if it even really gets that cold here in Georgia. The MV Agusta just has a regular/fast idle switch that I have never used without issue even in the dead of winter and its a single spark, high strung 4 banger.

I guess when I get a chance I will check the wiring or errors but if its the stepper itself is it something I can just ditch?

The stepper controls the idle speed at all temperatures, not just a cold engine. Also it may function on engine deceleration.

OK so I finally got to look at the idle controller. BTW I'm guessing braking the red elbow on the fuel disconnect means you need something expensive like a fuel pump? I didn't but that was finicky and seems flimsy.

The wire running to the idle controller had been pinched, worn through the jacket and the insulation on the pink wire. The copper had not been compromised so I wrapped up the wire with some super33 and taped the jacket back on. I also slapped some friction tape on it.

Also, the harness had been run OVER the rigid fuel hose. I rerouted it below the hose where it looked like it had plenty of breathing room. Hope that isn't counter to best practice.

I do have a question though. I had two hoses venting the tank. One long one routed and the one going to the tip over valve. Those I will hook back up. But there is a third that doesn't appear to be hooked to anything around the tank but it was laying under the battery tray and it looks to run to the top of the transmission. Where does the other end go?

What dave said is correct. In addition, the hose is only connected at the gearbox and it vents to atmosphere.

Thanks, it just seemed odd to have a breather go that far up and not go anywhere.

Looking forward to putting her back together tonight. I'm hoping this pinched wire was it because i was planning on spending money on a wind screen instead of a $260 part.

Its been a bit of a learning experience for me. My first twin. The MV has a fuel system like a car (high pressure line, fuel rail, regulator and return line. I was surprised to only see one (other than the two vents) hose coming out to the injectors.

W00t!

No light this morning. I figured it was it since its usually the obvious but also gotta make sure I put it back together. Cheapest fix on record (just some electrical tape and some friction tape for good measure). Also gave me an opportunity to check/clean/tighten everything under the tank.

The oil sensor connection looked good. Tight, clean, the boot was intact, etc. Only thing that seemed kind of odd is the tank does put pressure on the injector wires and such but not so much that it would pinch. Guess just hoping that the engine is bolted in enough that there isnt sufficient rubbing to wear down that jacket.

Looks like there is a little slack in the throttle cable to sort as my next project (and ordered the Dart windscreen since I just got a little money back on this).

Back