• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

International Motorsports Vancouver.

Somedood

Just got it firing!
Well I and my spouse decided to go test ride at said dealership. Being from the Island it means its a 200 dollar trip.
Got there early as first ones there.
I tested the V85TT, the SO was on the Stone (Brand new)

Really was surprised on my V85TT.
Lots of Torque, the strange new feeling of vibrations.
The Demo was fairly well used, Clutch was really lose, the back breaks were a sponge, No wind protection.
Granted most of those were minor issues that can be adjusted and with aftermarket can be remedied.
Gear indicator was absolutely useless. ( I don't honestly care for them)
Light switch constantly got activated into high beams. Kind of annoying.
I actually liked the bike and it had character and had a blast on it.
Wife could actually fit on it as a rider and with a lower seat it would be ok for her to operate.

SO was on a brand new V7 and had a hard time shifting gears.

My problem is this dealership. We asked if their was a guide to demo ride, we were told. Here is a map take pic to put in your GPS. Except NO place no place to put a GPS or a phone on the Bike. We had to constantly stop and see where we were, which is fun in Vancouver traffic. The Harley dealership down the road had a guide and were doing demos same day. It was organized, I almost went and demoed the sportster and I really don't like HD.

After the ride was over I stood and waited to see if any rep would come up to us and ask us how was it, the booking individual didn't even ask. No sales guys came up, I stood around for at least 5 minutes outside next to demo rides and inside the show room. Nothing NADA. You would think Demo day that I signed up on the web page would have someone associated with the brand be there but alas nothing.

For a 16k Bike you would think some one would give a flying rats butt. Its seems to me that this Guzzi might be another "elites" type of a brand with absolutely no peons welcome environment. Maybe its just a crappy dealer.

Yeah my first impression of Guzzi as a bike was good, would consider it but dealer and company is pretty bad. Not gone drop 16k on that, I rather go get another BMW for another 4k and get actual service.

The headlight switch on the V85TT is different and took a little time to get used to, but it is really convenient to have hi/low and flash hi with the same little trigger switch. Vibration is different than BMW because it is a V-twin instead of flat twin. I like both. I actually find my Moto Guzzi to be easier to shift than my BMW's even though the BMW's have many more miles. All three of my bikes have gear position indicators which work well and I find useful. I don't know anything about the dealer you visited, but I have several BMW dealers and several Moto Guzzi dealers in my vicinity and find customer service about equal between the two brands. I looked at the HD Pan America before buying the V85TT, but I much prefer shaft drive and the HD was several thousand US dollars more.

Well I and my spouse decided to go test ride at said dealership. Being from the Island it means its a 200 dollar trip.
Got there early as first ones there.
I tested the V85TT, the SO was on the Stone (Brand new)

Really was surprised on my V85TT.
Lots of Torque, the strange new feeling of vibrations.
The Demo was fairly well used, Clutch was really lose, the back breaks were a sponge, No wind protection.
Granted most of those were minor issues that can be adjusted and with aftermarket can be remedied.
Gear indicator was absolutely useless. ( I don't honestly care for them)
Light switch constantly got activated into high beams. Kind of annoying.
I actually liked the bike and it had character and had a blast on it.
Wife could actually fit on it as a rider and with a lower seat it would be ok for her to operate.

SO was on a brand new V7 and had a hard time shifting gears.

My problem is this dealership. We asked if their was a guide to demo ride, we were told. Here is a map take pic to put in your GPS. Except NO place no place to put a GPS or a phone on the Bike. We had to constantly stop and see where we were, which is fun in Vancouver traffic. The Harley dealership down the road had a guide and were doing demos same day. It was organized, I almost went and demoed the sportster and I really don't like HD.

After the ride was over I stood and waited to see if any rep would come up to us and ask us how was it, the booking individual didn't even ask. No sales guys came up, I stood around for at least 5 minutes outside next to demo rides and inside the show room. Nothing NADA. You would think Demo day that I signed up on the web page would have someone associated with the brand be there but alas nothing.

For a 16k Bike you would think some one would give a flying rats butt. Its seems to me that this Guzzi might be another "elites" type of a brand with absolutely no peons welcome environment. Maybe its just a crappy dealer.

Yeah my first impression of Guzzi as a bike was good, would consider it but dealer and company is pretty bad. Not gone drop 16k on that, I rather go get another BMW for another 4k and get actual service.

Never been involved in a demo day with IM, but I bought my Audace from them in 2016 when they were in Yaletown. I've chatted to the wrench and the service managr a few times and they seem genuinely helpful (to my ears anyway). My experience is limited to buying the usual serviceable items as I do it myself, but about 2 years back I bought a couple of oil filters for the 1400 from them. They didn't have them in stock, but they did order them in quite quickly and as a bonus the guy taking my order went to the trouble of dropping them off personally to my house on his way home from work - don't know many places that would do that - just sayin'

so they gave you the keys and left you alone? sounds like my ideal dealership experience! :D
That's a bit of a problem when you want to purchase one after the ride. I work in customer facing industry and man that is a cardinal sin. Don't be pushy but at least follow up. Garbage dealership experience and that is enough for me to kill even thinking about buying it from them. That is not an ideal experience.

I did previously email and phone them and got no response and when the response felt like I don't matter. If this is how I have to deal with the only available dealership in the area. Yeah.. I am gone go elsewhere and the Guzzi is a no go.

Seems like some one is their own worst enemy.

Seems like some one is their own worst enemy.
Historically speaking, this is a true fact when comes to Guzzi. Dealers tend to be far worse, and I've seen dozens come and go in the last 20+ years.
Guzzi either hooks you and you don't care about the rest, or you can ride on. Per the paragraphs above, no dealer bashing here. Sounds like they are not for you. You made your statement, so time to move on unless there's a positive outcome for you and Guzzi.

I live in Alberta and rode my V Strom to this dealer. I was surprised when I asked to ride a V7111 and they said no problem and pulled one brand new right off the floor with 2 kms! Salesman said an hour ride was fine. When I returned we had a little chat about the bike and my normal riding style and came to the decision it was not the bike for me. Very pleasant experience. I ended up buying a V85TT in Edmonton and still tell people about International and their test ride program which is basically choose any bike at the dealer and go for it!

I live in Alberta and rode my V Strom to this dealer. I was surprised when I asked to ride a V7111 and they said no problem and pulled one brand new right off the floor with 2 kms! Salesman said an hour ride was fine. When I returned we had a little chat about the bike and my normal riding style and came to the decision it was not the bike for me. Very pleasant experience. I ended up buying a V85TT in Edmonton and still tell people about International and their test ride program which is basically choose any bike at the dealer and go for it!
Yeah. I wish some one would have come up to me and even asked me. Hey how was the ride etc. Nothing.

I am from Van island. I got up at 4 am to get on a ferry just to test ride the bike. I am gone go send them an email and let them know my experience, I really liked the bike and its still in my top 3.

If you like the bike buy it. Ive owned mine for exactly a year and have not been back to the dealer for service, Ive done the 1500 and 10,000 service my self.
I will think about it. I want to look at a Triumph and one more bike. It would have been good to get some info about financing from the dealership. I have a good mechanic and I do a lot of my own maintenance since Vancouver Island is very limited. Not sure even if they have the model I want. Supply chain problems.

…I looked at the HD Pan America before buying the V85TT, but I much prefer shaft drive and the HD was several thousand US dollars more.

I looked at one too, and it was so Butt Ugly, I thought my eyes were starting to bleed! 😜

That thing is just beyond grotesque. 🤮

I’ll keep my Stelvio NTX and your V85TT is much nicer in my opinion.

On a liner note…I have a strong business relationship with a local, long time, HD Dealer. They are my supplier for HD parts for my repair shop and also are a wonderful family business with a beautiful dealership.

The first PanAm was pre sold. Novelty. The second one just sits there. Nobody even gives it a second look. I am not surprised a bit. Once again, Harley-Davidson answered a question that nobody asked.

They will bury this along with the Buell Blast, the V Rod, Street 500, Livewire, and other not so brilliant Harley-Davidson marketing ideas.

Last edited:
Yo, OP, stop your whining. :rolleyes:

The dealer website says "Come in; we're awesome!," so that's that. internationalmotorsports.com :D

Seriously, theirs is an entertaining website; the old Chevy pickup is a smiler.

OTOH, your experience was understandably off-putting.

Guzzi dealers tend to be ... erm ... "interesting"... a useful word that spans the spectrum from extraordinary of the great kind -- here in the U.S., I place Cadre (Ohio) and Hamlin (Connecticut) on that end; there are others. Then, there are the sort that seem to care less. No need to name those. Who wouldn't like the former better?

My brother -- who has had six new 21st-century Guzzis! :party: -- now owns a Ducati MultiStrada 1200S. Not one of his Guzzis ever stranded him (I cannot say that about mine ;)); the Duc has done it to him multiple time$.

FWIW, most of those tow-ins were electronics issues, not mechanical, and under warranty. Be that as it may, my brother remains a Duc fan because he likes the whole service "experience" with his cars and motorcycles to be of the type where service manager wears a white smock, takes notes on an iPad, and points him to the latte machine! His Ducati dealer does that, so he's happy.

As Todd said, above, "Guzzi either hooks you" or it doesn't. Most of us here are hooked. That said, as with all love affairs, there are days when one wonders. :giggle:

Guzzidom is a cult of sorts, too, with support from fellow owners -- witness, e.g., this website -- that can make riding and wrenching a joy despite the suboptimal dealer network.

I certainly would not let one day at a dealer affect a major purchase, but I, too, expect more of such places than they usually deliver. Yet, IMO, machines from Mandello are worth that sort of occasional speed bump.

YMMV. And, as we say in these here parts, "ain't that a good thing?" :clap:

Best wishes to you and your honey for miles of smiles on whatever you all decide to ride home.

Bill

P.S. Vancouver Island is a lovely part of the world. Spent some time there once. In a cage, darn it.

Gosh Bill, I wish I could write like you. 👏

You are kind, Scott.

But, remember, it's not native talent. I was a word merchant and legal apologist for the government for 30+ years. :D

Along the way, I wrote an article about Renaissance military law. Yes, that's a boutique niche. ;)

I quoted a 16th century English soldier -- Barnaby Riche -- who did not care much for lawyers in 1587:

See attachment.

Bill

Barnaby Riche on Lawyers 1587

I try very hard to never let the actions of others, affect my decisions of what I choose to buy because in the long run, if it's what really floats my boat, then to hell with the idiot salespeople. Right?

I hope you have a better experience and actually go ride the motorcycle again in a better frame of mind! 🤞 👌 👍 :)

My experience with these guys has been great. Ordered a set of handlebars (Mana) for my Breva in early summer, knowing Italy shuts down for the month of August, they never missed a beat. The bars were shipped to me as soon as they arrived, with no interruption, although they had been ordered 4 months earlier. A later very small parts order was handled in the same fashion; quick and efficient, in spite of them doing inventory at the time. So far: 5 stars. They are now advertising the V100 on line with prices (Kijiji). Not for me, but nice to have a pro-active dealer in this area where most have vanished.

Everybody and every business has their bad days, eh? Sometimes everything goes to hell in a bucket. I'd be very annoyed at the experience of the OP but it's almost certainly not their norm if they've been around a while.

I have had great experiences with International in Vancouver. Great people, very friendly and they do good work. But do check your fasteners before leaving. I got home to discover one bolt for the side panel missing and one bolt for the pipe heat shield missing. Other than that they are golden.

Back