• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is Moto Guzzi "DEAD" in Florida and America?

Bought my V9 at dealer in Largo about a year ago. From the ads I see they don't hold their value well. I like mine, wish there was a dealer in Orlando
Love Motorsports of Ocoee
11953 W. Colonial Dr.
34761 Ocoee, FL
(407)787-9595
This seems to be the closest to you
I'm so sorry to read how your health is taking you away from your passion.

Last edited:
Postscript:

Since the old thread got revived I DO have fond memories of the bike. Actually missed it. That absolutely beautiful V9 went "down the road" with both seats, Guzzi saddlebags, two sets of racks and way more for $48 hundred. Hope the new owner had fun with it this past Summer and keeps it mint like it was.

2E090E37 0F27 4C0F BA72 0C3ADABE3AA0

Only have my 1980 V50 today. Too small for my two-up enjoyment as quite cramped when I ride it solo. The V85 people talk so much about is just way too tall to be fun for me. Would not buy any other model because of the non-existent dealer network and hideous re-sale. One interesting aside on that re-sale issue is few of today's motorcyclists (read young) have a clue what the brand is. To buy something they know nothing about from a dealer that does not exist sums up the current situation here in Florida and many if not most parts of North America.

I guess I am a bit confused here.

All new motorcycles drop a huge amount of value the moment you buy it and drive it home. This is the difference between retail and resale.

Hence, why 99.9% of the time, I buy very gently used at a huge discount from new prices.

You all act like this is something unique to Moto Guzzi.

All new European bikes drop in value. All of them. The worst being Triumph. It is reflective of market share economics.

The smaller the market share, the smaller the used market of buyers, and the lower the price drops in relation to being inextricably tied these market conditions.

This is nothing more than supply and demand economics. It has nothing to do intrinsically with Moto Guzzi or any other European motorcycle being sold in the USA for that matter.

Same for new Japanese bikes too. They have many undervalued models that are great bikes in and of themselves but they just have no share in terms of high marketplace demand, so the initial drop in retail value is also brutal. Once this initial drop takes place, a new lower value becomes persistent and holds relatively normal from that point forward.

Every person who buy anything brand new, is subjected to this immediate market force correction of value.

Now, you can always mitigate this loss by buying used at a great price. This is what I almost always do.

Case in point, my recently acquired 2023 V100 Mandello S with 835 miles. I paid more than $5k less than the original sales contract from the original buyer.

In my 2023 Piaggio MP3 530 HPE with 235 miles, I paid $8k less than the original sales contract from the original buyer.

Are either of them bad motorcycles? Hell no. They are both FLAGSHIP models and desirable.

They are both worth more than I paid for them.

You need to think these things through logically if you wish to avoid that initial huge drop.

The other option is to HOLD your asset until the market conditions equalize to its true value when supply becomes scarcer and demand actually increases.

Virtually everything I own listed in my signature line, is in mint condition or very close to it. All of it is hard to find used in that condition. Therefore if and when I decide to sell, they sell for very top dollar with no effort.

The difference being “supply”.

You can have all the money in the world, but you will never find a BMW HP2 Enduro like mine in her condition with all the options ever made. Same with my Eldorado 1400, or my California Vintage, or my 1200 Sport. You will search forever and never see their equivalent ever go up for sale.

My Stelvio NTX is common and lots are for sale at the moment albeit mine is very special and unique and mint. Still supply is high, demand is standard. Soft prices prevail at the moment. In 7 more years, though, this relationship will flip entirely and the value will begin to actually increase.

I made my living doing this and I understand it like a duck understands water.

Last edited:
It’s inevitable that a new bike’s value drops as soon as it’s ridden off the dealer’s forecourt. Why? Because the purchaser has had to pay on-the-road charges such as number plate(s), purchase tax (or equivalent- here in the UK we have to pay VAT then another lot of VAT on that VAT - you couldn’t make it up. You lose this sizeable chunk from the cost you pay as soon as you collect the bike. Only if a really desirable model is in short supply can you retain value in the early years; sometimes you can make a profit if someone so impatient is willing to pay over the odds. Covid screwed this up temporarily because of the shortage of new bikes and the consequent period of inflated trade-in values of decent used bikes, but this has now subsided. That said, bikes do depreciate at different rates.

My recent post about that rally, with lots of Moto Guzzi's, is Memorial Day around Sarah's restaurant and motorcycle museum. Troutdale, Va. It is NOT a Moto Guzzi Rally but a motorcycle get-together of friends related to Dognation Motors.

Guessing my post got deleted because I posted a picture of my new Can Am Spyder. So be it. I have lots of different brands of motorcycles and love to talk motorcycles as I have been on them all over the world.

My recent post about that rally, with lots of Moto Guzzi's, is Memorial Day around Sarah's restaurant and motorcycle museum. Troutdale, Va. It is NOT a Moto Guzzi Rally but a motorcycle get-together of friends related to Dognation Motors.

Guessing my post got deleted because I posted a picture of my new Can Am Spyder. So be it.
I have lots of different brands of motorcycles and love to talk motorcycles as I have been on them all over the world.

🤦‍♂️

WHY do people ALWAYS assume something terrible or that something has been done to them when in fact, they just forgot where they put their own post?

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Apology accepted… 😆

Last edited:
Back