• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Jackal cafe racer progress

guzzirider

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Spend the weekend up in near Dumfries collecting the bodywork for my Jackal cafe racer project.
A few dark teasers- I won't take any proper pics until she is finished- the work John at the Tank Shop has done is excellent- the Imola Seat looks good too. So many jobs to get her finished now. P.S. She is very very shiny!
Caferacer022.jpg

Caferacer023.jpg

Caferacer024.jpg

Looks very cool !
does Johns tank shop also make the Imola seat ?
Are you using standard Guards ? or modifying them too ?
cant wait to see more ;)

i like the paint design on the tank, it looks like an abstract breeze block design. :lol:
looks cool, get it finished so we can see more pics.

Yes John made me the Imola seat too!

He has made me a front mud guard and triangular V7 Sport style side panels. Is also fabricating me a small guard to shield the battery from road filth.

On Monday I am taking the forks to Maxton to get rebuilt with their internals, and the wheels to CWC to get the wheels rebuilt- new alloy rims (rear will be enlarged to 18 inch) which will be powder coated black with stainless spokes.

While that is being done, will get the seat padded with a nice gel seat, strip and polish the yokes (have done forks too since pics were taken), swap the headlamp for a chrome one, ditch the too high insurment mounting and fit an LED tacho / speedo.

Last job will be taking the bike to a guy in Silverstone who will make me some custom rear sets, hoses and cables- hope to be on the road for May.

Cheers

Guy

Cool I am doing a similar thing John made me a tank too, right after yours. I picked it up in France 1 week ago. Looks great haven't tryed to fit it yet. My Jakal has 3K miles I have Tarozzi rearsets and staintunes and htmoto seat and fenders. Do you have any Idea about some velocity stacks I could put on the bike?
thx Robin

Hi Robin!

I've just fitted some big K and N's to the throttle bodies as far back as they can go before they run out of clearance. I guess if you relocated the battery you could mount them further back.

Interested to hear about your Tarozzi rear sets- are they made for a Jackal or are they from another model- have they fitted ok?

I have some from a Le Mans 1000 which don't fit the Jackal lower frame rails- debating whether to fit LM1000 frame rails (have some in the shed) or get some custom made rear sets fabricated.

While my wheels and forks are being rebuilt, I have ordered a Rossopuro number plate hanger and some Rizoma indicators. I would love a Motogadget speedo / tacho but they are soooo expensive!

Would be great to see some pics of your project- please keep in touch! Are you based in France?

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy
I am using frame rails off of a T3 to fit the Tarozzi's and gauge group off a V7 sport with later gauges installed I liove the Motogadget set up but want old looking. Tell me about your wheels I was going to relace with Excel rims but not sure. We are doing the same thing. I also have a mint LM1 I just finished got to sell it to finish the Jakal

Robin

Here is a pic of the Motogadget Classic I am thinking of getting:
msc_norton_300.jpg

Wheel are with Central Wheels in Birmingham. I am getting new Morad Alloy rims, powder coated in black with new butted stainless spokes. Rear will be enlarged to 18 inches- I think the cruiser style 17 inch looks too small on a cafe racer and wanted the traditional Le Mans feel by having 18 inches both ends.

Have you managed to keep your big sidestand with the T3 frame rails?

Regards

Guy

Your right that really is a problem but have you seen how HTMoto does their sidestand They mount it where the centerstand mounts. I like this setup If I keep the big sidestand then I have to cut off some stuff on the rails. Also I was going to keep the 17 rear did not want change the drive ratio but make the front 17 to match Stay in touch

Also I just talked to John I sent him some harley heads for his project he is making me another tank with an aero cap the first one came with a monza cap (he llikes Nortons)very cool but wanted to use a tank bag. I will sell the first tank here.

can you confirm a couple of things ?
what wheel sizes are you using ? did you mod the rear swing arm to make it easy to fit a wider tyre ?
what make/size are the front forks ?
its the first pair Ive seen that dont need adaptors to fit the later 4 pot brembos.

Looks very neat by the way good luck !
(I am building something similar my self based on a Mk2 leMans)

This is the beauty of using a Jackal as a base for the cafe racer! Braced swinging arm is standard- I have had new alloy Morad rims laced onto the standard hubs- the main difference being that the rear is now an 18 incher (was 17 inches) to match the front. I think the rim widths are standard Jackal size- 3.50 rear and 2.50 front.

The forks are the original Jackal 45mm Marzocchis which have been transformed by Maxton engineering to fast road / race spec with completely new internals and adjusters (the original forks were non-adjustable). The brembo brakes are the original Jackal brakes- I will need to get shorter hoses now she wears clip ons.

Good luck with your project.

Guy

25340_424395674815_635879815_5254466_3800700_n.jpg

25340_424395679815_635879815_5254467_6879241_n.jpg

Now added metal tank badges (have to refix the other side cos its slightly wonky), £20 from eBay screen and Rizoma bar end mirror. Pictures do not give justice to the mirror- its a beautiful piece of work and you can actually see what is behind you.

Just 3 idiot lights and the speedo sensor to wire in and then she is M.O.T'd. Combination of workload and crappy weather has made things drag on a bit but I am getting close!

I love what you have done with your bike. I there any chance you could post more pics? Steve

What can I say but WOW! That is a thing of beauty. Excellent work and yes MORE PICS PLEASE! :woohoo:

Back