• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Jackal foot pegs and controls.

frankietheyankee

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
After seeing David Washburn's post about foot peg/controls replacement for a Jackal, I thought my problems were solved. I am having no luck finding the parts needed. Any other solutions that have been successful? Let me know how you did it, I'll be forever grateful!

I have the same request on footpeg and controls change. A shame the oem items are so far forward.

appologies if this is repeating the footpeg swap you refer to, I don't recall seeing that. I used the footrest hangers from a T5 Mille or SP3 on my Cali Metal. It wasn't quite a straight swop as the lug holding the prop stand stop had to go. It was very simply replaced by bolting a plate to the no longer needed orginal footrest lugs against which the stand now stops. Just put the rubber bung on the tang on the stand for hooking it up. Hope I described that ok. Only prob is now I need to change the bars, simple enough but getting the right ones to exactly fit how I sit and ride will take a bit of trial and error. Mudguards and lights next then I'll be on the way to having the bike I wished Guzzi made.

Frankie, welcome to the Forum. Years ago I did a limited run of peg kits (~5) and it took me years to sell them; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/CNCRearsets.html - you recently missed one of those, never mounted, sets that came up here. I *might* have a few brackets that I made to move the stock peg assemblies rearwards ~6". Ping me direct e-mail and I'll see if I can dig them out.
The Mille GT assy's might still be available new, but the cost from a few years back was close to ~$700, and the USD is worse now.

Todd, just a picture of those may help me big time. I think I have it figured, but would be nice to see someone else's. BTW, really loving the Jackal, just don't seem to ahve the time to enjoy as much as I would like. Thanks Biff

Here is my solution. I just used the orginal mountings and fashioned the brackets from Aircraft quality alloy and fitted Tarozzi Pegs and levers. I would have preferred to go slightly more rearwards but I didn't want to stuff around with the sidestand stop. This, together with Laverda style adjustable bars creates a riding postion similar to Bikes of the 60's era.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I had in mind. Did you buy the Tarozzi rear sets for a specific model, or did you buy a universal set? Also where did you buy them from?

A2WheelCpl said:
Thanks, that's pretty much what I had in mind. Did you buy the Tarozzi rear sets for a specific model, or did you buy a universal set? Also where did you buy them from?

Just bought universal's. Got them from the Tarozzi distributor here in Oz.

Waz said:
Here is my solution. I just used the orginal mountings and fashioned the brackets from Aircraft quality alloy and fitted Tarozzi Pegs and levers. I would have preferred to go slightly more rearwards but I didn't want to stuff around with the sidestand stop. This, together with Laverda style adjustable bars creates a riding postion similar to Bikes of the 60's era.

Hope this helps.
VERY NICE WORK, GREAT PICTURES.
HOW DID YOU ATTACH THE SHIFT AND BRAKE LINKAGE TO THE TAROZZI LEVERS? DID YOU FABRICATE THE HARDWARE THAT ATTACHES THE LINKAGE TO THE LEVERS?

Dalemgs, I just swapped the orginal link rod from the gear lever side to the brake side ( correct length) and bought a shorter link rod for the gear lever. Both bolted to the Tarozzi's and the orginal gear linkage and rear brake m/c with no problems.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!
NO PROBLEM FINDING THE TAROZZI LEVERS BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE PART BETWEEN THE LEVER AND THE LINKAGE THAT THE LINKAGE ROD IS CONNECTED TO. THE ONLINE STORE ONLY SHOWS THE LEVER.

dalemgs said:
THANKS FOR THE REPLY!
NO PROBLEM FINDING THE TAROZZI LEVERS BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE PART BETWEEN THE LEVER AND THE LINKAGE THAT THE LINKAGE ROD IS CONNECTED TO. THE ONLINE STORE ONLY SHOWS THE LEVER.
Here's a link to the Oz dealer I got mine from. You will see near the bottom of the page the linkage rods and Ball Joint ends. Just measure the length you need. I only need the straight bar.
http://www.motorcycle-parts.com.au/Rearsets&Spares.htm

Hello there everyone
This is great info
I'm looking to do the same sort of mod to my new to me jackal

Thanks to everyone for posting up ideas - Waz do you have a way I could get the pics you posted up?
For whatever reason they aren't showing up on the site for me

Is it just a matter of fashioning a plate to bolt to the bike and then the new pegs?

Back