• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Just bought a 2012 Stelvio NXT

Saddlebrooke Guzzi

Just got it firing!
I have read some very interesting posts and would like some more information about them. Even to ask some of the members questions but I'm not sure how to do that. I am interested in more information about flashing my ECU (I think that the correct terminology). John is mentioned and thanked numerous time for how much this process has helped. If possible can I get more information on how this works, where to get it, how much it cost and special tools needed.

I noticed the other day when I park my NXT in the garage on the center stand that I got a huge gas smell. On further inspection it seemed to be coming from the tank gas fill cover (specifically from the key hole). I tried to Google and you tube tank cover repair/replacement. There were conflicting thoughts from replace it to some charcoal filter to tubing work under the seat....... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I only recieved one set of keys (ignition, side cases, top trunk) where can I get a second set and about what should it cost? I'm guessing the ignition key is chipped and will need programming. Oh, any idea where to get a repair Manual? I would like to learn how to do most out the work myself.

Thank you for creating this awesome tool/information location.

Best regards
Chris (SaddleBrooke Guzzi)

Again, search will be your friend. In the CARC and Stelvio section many post on adding keys. If you have the user code for the bike, the process is pretty simple. If not, Carmo would be your friend. I believe 2012 was about the change to Roller lifters. Be sure your bike has rollers. There are posts on that too. As for the fuel smell, it may need to have the evap system looked at. Posts on that too. So now start searching and learning. To as someone specifically, go to their profile and start a message. As for flashing the ECU questions use the contact tab in the Store.

…Even to ask some of the members questions but I'm not sure how to do that…

Congratulations & Welcome!

Stelvio NTX is the best model built. I’ll love mine forever.

In addition to reading the existing threads under the Stelvio Forum, you can create a new thread and ask away on anything not already covered.

You can also send a private message by clicking a member’s name then selecting Start Conversation.

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum Chris. Your first Guzzi?
I hope your next post will be with your info on the Registry linked below. Be sure to read the scrolling paragraphs on the top of every page, and search first before asking or writing, even PM Conversations. Time is very valuable to everyone here who does this for a living.
Also click on the STORE tab at the top. I've worked hard for 20+ years to provide goods and services catered to Guzzisti. Congrats again and enjoy!

Back