• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Le Mans MK V Idle Mixture screw

Warren

Just got it firing!
Hi All
I have a 1993 Mk V Le Mans that I want to get registered very soon. Put kits & cleaned both Carbs however the right side carb is not playing the game. I can screw the idle mixture screw whatever direction(or take it out) & it makes no difference. Your help will be appreciated.

Regards
Warren

Sounds like a blocked passage.

If you remove the screw and apply compressed air, does it escape from the bowl and into the throat of the carb? If it doesn't go to both a passage is blocked. You might get lucky by spraying carb cleaner into the hole for the screw, but don't get your hopes up on it being that easy. With the Del 'orto system, the screw regulates fuel flow and 2.5 turns from fully closed is where the mix should be correct. If you need to turn it out more, then the pilot jet is too small, less than 2.5 and the pilot is too large.

Another common reason for not responding to the idle screw is if the choke plungers are stuck off their seats or thrtr isn't enough free play in the cables to allow them to seat properly.

Pete

john zibell wrote:
Sounds like a blocked passage.

With the Del 'orto system, the screw regulates fuel flow and 2.5 turns from fully closed is where the mix should be correct. If you need to turn it out more, then the pilot jet is too small, less than 2.5 and the pilot is too large.

On my MK III the start point is 1.5 turns out from fully in. The rest of John's advice on the screw matches my bike and the PHF 36's.

Both John and Peter have given you good possibilities and advice.

One more that comes to my mind is if you have an air leak on the inlet manifold. Is the bike idling fast and you are having trouble dropping the bike to normal idle speed?

Check the inlet rubber for cracks and the clamps for tightness. If unsure then whole the bike is running spray the inlet manifold with some WD40/CRC/RP7 or any of that cheap spray on lubricant. If the idle speed drops then you have found the problem.

B)

Hi Warren , can you pm me a contact number I can ring you on sometime please ?
Ive tried to get an email to you today , but for some reason it gets deleted when I enter my security number, bugger .
Ps , Im in NZ .
Supaflee

Back