• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Leaning towards the Griso

Saab_96

Just got it firing!
Hi,
Nice to join this forum. I still own a 2004 Cafe Sport, but have been thinking of getting a new 2012 Griso SE. I like the Cafe Sport, but I think I'd like something up to date and mildly easier to get accessories, newer drivetrain, etc. I think the bikes are similar, i.e. naked-ish standards, and I'll be keeping the Sport. So, in a way I'd have two similar bikes, but I like that style, and with the bags and a windscreen its tourable enough for me. I like the Norge too, but really don't have so many chances to go long distances. And I can get bags and windscreen for less than the price differential.

I've been reading threads for a few weeks now.. I'd probably go to a dealer about 250 mi away, Rose Farm. If I really have problems with the bike, that'll be too bad, but I don't think I will and can try doing my own service. I'd rather buy from a good dealer who will do a good set up. I think I like the "medium" screen over the micro-screen. Also, though the Termi is wierdly $$$, I'm thinking of getting that too. Hopefully the seat on the Griso is more comfortable. I see the tank volume won't be a step up.

The other factor in this is my Sport really needs some time spent on maintenance. So I can make that a side project, while I enjoy the Griso.

I like my cafe sport, its a happy motor. Now, I think the new 8V will be decent too. Plus the Griso has a clock. Thats a must have.

Saab,

Welcome to the forum. I bought a left over 2009 white Griso 8v from Rose Farm last May. Jim Barron is an awesome dealer for the brand as well as an awesome guy. Hard to imagine buying from a more competent dealer than Rose Farm.

All the best,

Mark

OK, the stock can is fugly but it has a nice rumble and it does not assault the ears (ain't loud). I'm keeping it. There are a whole lot of other things I can get for the price of an aftermarket can.

As you can see, your mileage may vary with this. :)

Saab_96 said:
Also, though the Termi is wierdly $$$, I'm thinking of getting that too.
Grab the Griso, be patient and watch ebaY and the classifieds here . . . . I've watched three Termi's auctioned/BIN'd in the last year at realistic prices (one came home to me from a liquidated MG franchise :( ). There's nothing quite like an authentic MG logo'd factory-authorized part to accessorize your Griso IMHO. Whatever you decide though, be sure it has some restriction to keep the 8V running properly. Hope to welcome you to the Griso fold soon!

Thanks for all the replies. Thanks Draidt too for the video. Certainly sound cool! I may wait on the exhaust and decide later.

I find myself in the same place as you, currently riding a 2004 V11 CafeSport and being pulled toward a 2012 Griso SE. Did you make the jump? What do you think now? Any thoughts most appreciated

Yeahoo Whoyah said:
I find myself in the same place as you, currently riding a 2004 V11 CafeSport and being pulled toward a 2012 Griso SE. Did you make the jump? What do you think now? Any thoughts most appreciated

I'll let you know soon. I put my deposit down. :D Now pretty much just trying to juggle my schedule _and_ find a few days with nice weather to go pick it up and ride it back. I don't want to ride a new bike back in cold rain through Chicago. :blink:

Anyone with photoshop skills that could help me visualize what the Griso 8V SE would look like with a T3 Police "buffalo" fairing? That might be nice for touring. :whistle:

Saab_96 said:
Anyone with photoshop skills that could help me visualize what the Griso 8V SE would look like with a T3 Police "buffalo" fairing? That might be nice for touring. :whistle:

Your quirky Saab nature is showing :lol:

ah, it shows :roll:
And I _was_ going to ask about a freewheeling device modification. :geek:

I like ideas. Both makers are great examples of what can be achieved by the compound expression of unique ideas. In four and two wheels.

Saab_96 said:
You don't need photo shop to visualize that. Picture a beautiful Italian woman, now put a large bag over her head. That is what it would look like.

GuzziMoto said:
Saab_96 said:
You don't need photo shop to visualize that. Picture a beautiful Italian woman,
walking-a.gif
now put a large bag over her head. That is what it would look like.
25997470.gif

GuzziMoto said:
Picture a beautiful Italian woman, now put a large bag over her head. That is what it would look like.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek:hmy:

Sorry, I wouldn't notice if she was wearing a bag on her head or not :eek:
Must stop watching GIF....must stop watching GIF.....thanks Dan, my productivity for the day is shot :lol:

Since exhaust was brought up, I wholeheartedly recommend Todd's GT-Rx muffler and y-pipe. By far the best sound for the Griso.

And welcome!

Back