• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

LeMans Mark 1 value

AndrewGelling

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
What do people think a reasonable sale price for a well sorted LeMans Mark 1 would be? Or, put another way, since value is in the eye of the beholder, what have they been selling for and what would you pay?!

And no, I am not selling one, but I have come across one that the owner is considering selling. I probably should just ignore it, but I want it! Ever since I hooked the sidecar to my 850t, I have been looking. I have the Eldo, and the Monza, but, well, I want the lemans damn it!

I may have a problem.

Depends on the condition and mileage, but I would guess that a reasonably nice one should bring in the range of 12k.

Thanks stmike. That seems to be what keeps coming up. They are asking ten, but there are a couple of red flags to me. The vin numbers all check out, but the fairing was replaced (he said it didn't have one when he purchased it) there are new clip ons, and the steering stop is busted. Makes me wonder if it had been crashed. But then again, it was rebuilt a few years back. Its real clean, and the engine and transmission have been rebuilt with new seals and bearings....

The busted steering stop is a big red flag. That bike has had an incident. See if there is a frame shop near Boston that can verify the frame geometry. The early Tonti frames are pretty stout and can take some abuse. If the frame is straight, and you still want the bike I'd offer less than 10 K and see what happens. BTW, and new steering stop can be added by the frame shop. It is just a metal tab.

One other thing to look at is the title. Agreeing with John's post above, that broken steering stop is a serious enough issue that insurance companies generally total the bike when that happens, so make sure the title is clean and not salvage. If it is salvage or rebuilt, the price should reflect that.

Thanks guys. I spoke again with the owner, (who has since broadcast the sale more widely.) Apparently I misheard about the stop, it is not busted, but he also reports the vin number as 72078, which does not seem correct either, for what he claims it to be. Am I wrong? I am no mathematician but I am alright at basic sequences. The numbers I see listed for the series one are in the 11111 to 13040 range, which I see there is some debate over, but 72078 is obviously not remotely within that range, yet I see that this number is not far off from other series one bikes discussed over at wildgoose etc.. What is it that I am missing? I am waiting for confirmation on that number, including whether it is preceded by the letters "VE", and whether frame and engine match. I am frankly losing interest, but can't quite escape its clutches yet.... so still curious to see if the bike is legit or phony.

Do engine and frame numbers match on a Guzzi? I know on Hondas they do not. I am not near my California Tour to check.

John, Is that true of the factory stamped number on the frame itself, under the vin # plate? The numbers on that plate on my T and Eldorado match, but when I pulled that plate to paint the frame of the T, the number that is on the headstock is different. As far as the Lemans goes, the numbers on the plate and engine match. Though he hasn't got back to me about those two little letters that precede the numbers...

Serial numbers match on the plate and engine is good. The number on the head stock is a bit of a mystery to me. I haven't seen that one in a long time and it may just be a production number or variant ID for the frame.

Back