Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Limp home mode

Discussion in 'CARC' started by Brian UK, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I have recently hear of a case where the owner of a new Guzzi (sorry don't know the model) claims his bike went into a limp home mode because one of the indicator bulbs failed.
    Anyone ever heard of this?
    Trouble is, he is using this story to work up opposition to the proposed new European Directive on bikes which insists they all have on board diagnostics.

2. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Could you please supply me with a decent drawing of his tinfoil hat? You could also ask some pertinent questions abut the 'Little Green Men' in his bathroom cupboard!

No. If a bulb fails the dash is kind enough to tell you, (In an irritating, nanny-state sort of way!) but it doesn't effect the performace of the bike in any way. The only sort of people who are *AGAINST* OBD technology are fruit-loops. Almost as bad as those who are proposing satelite conrolled speed devices, but that's another matter.

Pete (Who's pissed off because he picked up a 3 pointer today!!! In the bloody VAN!!!!!)

3. DanPez

DanPez Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hope this will put a smile on your face. :)
    Sorry could'nt resist .... stronger than me!

Attached Files:

4. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

It appears that there are many who think OBD includes satellite speed control. They seem not to be able to understand the word Diagnostic.
    Anyway, thanks Pete, you confirmed what I thought. The guy who came up with this is on the MAG general council here in the UK. Bit worrying really.

5. guzzirider

guzzirider Cruisin' Guzzisti

I agree there is no need to get paranoid about these things without good reason, but its a damned good idea to be kept up to date with whatever the Eurocrats are planning to compel us to do.

We need people like MAG / BMF to help lobby those who make the decisions, and try to make sure we dont eventually end up riding bikes that are impossible to modify, and with two extra wheels to protect us from ourselves.

I would have thought that in these troubled times, the politicians should be concentrating their energies on fixing the important things in our lives, rather than proposing expensive waves of probably unnecessary legislation.

6. Mi_ka

Mi_ka High Miler

Things are simple:
    We must all buy cars - motorcycles induce dangerous ideas of freedom to their users and must be withdrawn from the roads. (...talk about off topic...)