• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

London ULEZ zone

Ray1150

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Bit of a local issue but may be of interest to those affected. At the end of August any non Ultra Low Emission Zone compliant m/c will be charged £12.50 a day to ride within the M25 ring road that circles outer London. Nitrogen Oxides and particulates are the flavours of the week and compliant means over 40 years old (historic exemption) or manufactured to Euro 3 which is Nitrogen Oxides 0.15g/km.
As I live within the M25 and have a 1100C Sport and a V10 this is a problem.
As usual if you throw money at a problem you can make it go away, this time it's £175 for an exemption test. I went to a place in Deptford in South London as the test itself is £175 but if they have to retest for any reason it's another £70 and certain unscrupulous garages are failing bikes. The place in Deptford was not charging retest fees.
The real reason for this ULEZ is not cleaning up the air but that Mr Khan, the mayor for London fucked up the public transport system so badly that when covid hit the money ran out and he needed to find another tax.
As usual the joke is on us, they told me almost every bike passes, even 2 strokes.
I got the Sport done first as I use it for work when it's not winter (gtr1400 with a nice big fairing and heated bars & jacket in the winter), NOx reading is 0.01.
So if you're affected by this evil little man and his ridiculous tax don't sell your pride and joy just pay the money.
As my mate said, why do so many people hate him? Because it's so easy.

Bit of a local issue but may be of interest to those affected. At the end of August any non Ultra Low Emission Zone compliant m/c will be charged £12.50 a day to ride within the M25 ring road that circles outer London. Nitrogen Oxides and particulates are the flavours of the week and compliant means over 40 years old (historic exemption) or manufactured to Euro 3 which is Nitrogen Oxides 0.15g/km.
As I live within the M25 and have a 1100C Sport and a V10 this is a problem.
As usual if you throw money at a problem you can make it go away, this time it's £175 for an exemption test. I went to a place in Deptford in South London as the test itself is £175 but if they have to retest for any reason it's another £70 and certain unscrupulous garages are failing bikes. The place in Deptford was not charging retest fees.
The real reason for this ULEZ is not cleaning up the air but that Mr Khan, the mayor for London fucked up the public transport system so badly that when covid hit the money ran out and he needed to find another tax.
As usual the joke is on us, they told me almost every bike passes, even 2 strokes.
I got the Sport done first as I use it for work when it's not winter (gtr1400 with a nice big fairing and heated bars & jacket in the winter), NOx reading is 0.01.
So if you're affected by this evil little man and his ridiculous tax don't sell your pride and joy just pay the money.
As my mate said, why do so many people hate him? Because it's so easy.
I got my 2005 Breva 1100 registered as compliant for free as my CoC and V5C doc state that the NOx is below the required Euro3 level of 0.15g/km.
Everyone with a pre Euro3 - 2005, 2006 and some 2007 bikes - Breva, Sport, Griso or Norge should be able to apply to TfL for an exemption for free. All they need is a copy of the V5C.

Just as an add on to your story about Khan and the ULEZ.
ULEZ was first introduced by the now hopefully completely defunct BORIS JOHNSON when he was Mayor of London. Even back then the plan had been set up to slowly extend the zone. During Corona TfL did not do well and Khan asked the the government and its Prime Minister BORIS JOHNSON for a subsidy, which Khan got under the condition that he extended the ULEZ zone to the M25 by the end of 2023, i.e. much quicker than originally planned by Mayor Johnson.
So it is a little unfair to completely blame Khan for this mess.

The trick is a can of expanding foam attached to a long poll. A shot onto the camera lens should fix your problem.
Knan isn't worried about the pollution, look at all the cars left idling when JSO gets away with blocking the roads.

Back