• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking for clutch lever push pin

Aaron87

Just got it firing!
Hi,

I have a Guzzi Breva v1100 and loving the ride. However, I am not loving the condition the bike has been allowed to get into. It was left untouched for a long time and so has some corrosion damage.

I am trying to replace clutch and brake levers with some aftermarket ones however the push pin from the clutch lever is corroded and I am unable to remove it.

So far I am able to replace it only by ordering the entire clutch lever which seems like a waste.

Does anyone know of a place I can get just the push in and its connecting part that slots into the clutch lever of part#ap8118659?

thanks in advance,
Aaron

Best bet would be lever from a breaker. Even a damaged one would do as all you need is the pin part.

Hi Aaron

Your question is very timely, as I just changed my clutch lever 2 days ago. Like you I thought the "push pin" was corroded. It turned out not to be the case, and having removed it I cant see how it would ever be corroded.

There is a grub screw ( which requires1.5mm allen key to remove) in the bottom of the barrel, which is locklite -d in place. Turn the lever over and you should see it.

Once you remove grub screw the pin will screw out. Saying that you will need to heat up the pin to remove. As my propane torch was out of action, I put the lever into the oven (cook for 10 minutes at 260C) and when hot, it was easy to remove grub screw, pin etc. It really is a simple thing to change.

Tony

Good Info!

Putting it in the oven sparked a memory.
Used to change out the ring gear on flywheels from stick shift cars & trucks.
I could cut/pry off the old unit & the new unit went into the oven & the flywheel went into a deep freezer.

My very understanding wife used to laugh at me but never got upset, well most of the time.

Thanks for the replies!
It was the grub screw that was corroded and those 1.5mm holes are very easy to round off.

I asked because one of the suppliers I talked to in the UK told me he once found a US company that made these parts independently as they can never be found sold seperately from the clutch lever. He couldn't remember the name of the company though.

I managed to found a supplier with one in stock who also gave me a decent discount. £50 for the sake of this damn grub screw and my amatuer skills. Doh.

Next time I will try the oven :)

Can we please invent a set of alan keys that freezes and contracts the screw it is applied to?

Thanks again and happy riding :)

Good Info!

Putting it in the oven sparked a memory.
Used to change out the ring gear on flywheels from stick shift cars & trucks.
I could cut/pry off the old unit & the new unit went into the oven & the flywheel went into a deep freezer.

My very understanding wife used to laugh at me but never got upset, well most of the time.
I always do valve guides that way. Heads in oven, new guides in freezer.

Back