• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking over the "new to me" Norge and have a couple questions

spartan1984

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All,

Looking over the Norge and getting used to all of the buttons, switches and compartments. Noticed a few things that I have questions about:
  1. I noticed on the display that the information (on the right hand side...see picture) displays only Trip 1, Trip 2 and Mode. When you are riding the bike, is that what's supposed to be displayed (in addition to the ODO)?
  2. When I lifted up the seat and looked towards the rear of the compartment, I noticed a "cable" with a ringlet on each end attached to nothing (again, see picture).
    • Anyone know what that cable happens to be,
    • is it important and
    • how do I attach in the right location?
  3. When the fuel light comes on, how many miles (approximately) do you have before running out of gas?
That's all of the questions I have for now.

Barry

Attachments

• MG Dashboard.jpg
    MG Dashboard.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
  • MG Under Seat.jpg
    MG Under Seat.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 26
Cable is your helmet lock, I'm not sure where it attaches as I've never used mine.

Trip 1&2 are your dual trip meters. You can also scroll through the separate trip calculations, riding time, average mpg, etc.

I have no idea how far I can go once the fuel light comes on.

Cable is your helmet lock, I'm not sure where it attaches as I've never used mine.

Trip 1&2 are your dual trip meters. You can also scroll through the separate trip calculations, riding time, average mpg, etc.

I have no idea how far I can go once the fuel light comes on.

Bisbonian,

Awesome, and thank you for the quick response. As the helmet lock is not bothering anything, I'll leave as is.

Barry

Reserve is approx. 1 gal.
The countdown changes at reserve. ODO screen changes to distance traveled on reserve.
It's in your manual.

The countdown changes at reserve. ODO screen changes to distance traveled on reserve.
It's in your manual.

Hi King of Fleece,

Appreciate the info regarding the fuel mileage...dealer didn't provide a manual (but I'll ask) and wasn't near my downloaded PDF, sorry :(.

Barry

I have the same helmet lock cable on my Breva 1100, when you remove the seat there is a right angle metal hook welded to the frame, the cable loops through the helmet and "hooks on the hook", then replace the seat.

It's fine-I didn't mean it that way!
Just pointing it out. Reading the manual is an act of patience but the translations are amusing to say the least.
When riding, as stated above, moving the selector will change, in a set pattern, what is displayed.
You can only enter MODE mood while the bike is stopped except for the lap counter and voltage indicator.

Hope that helps. MODE also lets you select time format, temp, and a few other things including backlight of dash.

It's in your manual.

Hey King,

No worries and I wasn't offended in anyway. It's part of the learning curve and I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. I had an Aprilia Mana GT and I know the growing pains of trying to translate Italian into English...lol...thanks again ;)

Barry

I have the same helmet lock cable on my Breva 1100, when you remove the seat there is a right angle metal hook welded to the frame, the cable loops through the helmet and "hooks on the hook", then replace the seat.

Kevin,

Spot on with the information. I did what you mentioned and was just about to give up because I couldn't find the darn right angle metal hook...lol...felt the frame again and there it was ;) Thank you!!!

Barry

I've had my Breva for nearly two years and never knew that was a helmet lock; I'd assumed it was some kind of luggage strap left over by the previous owner. So thanks for sorting me out too!

Does anybody know if a seat from a 08 will fit a 14?
I need to buy a second seat to modify. THX

As far as I know, the pan, mount and latch points are all the same - let's see if anyone else chimes in with their experience...

I think they interchange. I had asked a dealer about that when I saw the later seats were taller and my short legs did not like it. He said the earlier seats could be fitted to get to the lower height. Going to Corbin's website they list a Canyon Dual Sport Saddle for Norge 1200, Breva 1100 & Sport 1200 with no year listed. This is no guarantee but I'll bet they all interchange all years.

Back