• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Los Padres Nat. Forest Hwy 33

Rafael

GT Reference
Hi all,

Anybody ridden through Los Padres on hwy 33? Looks twisty on google maps. I may down in SoCal soon and was planning on riding back up on the coast but was wondering if hwy 33 would be a nice detour. I may even camp out.

Highway 33 has to be one of the best roads in Ca, IMHO. Prefer to ride up it, from Ojai to Maricopa or to Frazier Park. First time I discovered it, I rode it twice in the same day, couldn't get enough. You shouldn't miss it.

Here's a picture of Hwy 33.
The sky is not normally that dramatic, but the road is always great.

expman.pl

thanks for the replies. I'm ready to hit the road as soon as I hear from my SoCal friend. Man! what a nice road, seeing that picture gave me butterflies. I'll be driving south to north and I'll be sure to drive hwy 58, not sure I'll have time for Cerro Noroeste, we'll see.

thanks,

Well, as long as you've got butterflies, here are a couple of pics of Hwy 58. :lol:

expman.pl

expman.pl

To be fair, Hwy 58 does NOT look like this now.
Those pictures were taken in March when the wild flowers were blossoming.
But don't worry. The twists and turns will be great.

Beaufort

Hey Raphael, how is it going, been a while. Like everyone says, 33 is very much one of the very primo biking roads in SoCal, well worth the time, both twisty & high speed bits, mostly good pavement, generally a very clean surface most of the way, & usually little to no law inforcement Cerro Noreste/Portrero etc to Frazier Park also quite nice, esp for the cooler temps on hot summer days that the high altitude provides, although apparantly out of the way for you. When you going to be doing this? As a retired guy, might be able to join you for some of this. If interested, give me a call at 818-843-6895

Hi Bob,

Sorry I called too late Sunday morning. I didn't know I was headed down till the day (Fri 8/12) before I hit the road and was running around gettin' my sh*t done. By the time I looked at the posting it was 11:00pm Sat. I don't like calls passed 9:00pm so...

Anyway, I rode the Cerro Noroeste road on the way down. The west end was great but once we got to the ridge traffic picked up quite a bit around the camp grounds.

We rode back up Hwy 33, it was great but got late start, but I'm sure the LEOs were already out. The first cop we saw was in an coming lane with about 10 rumbling Harleys in front and about 6 rice rockets right behind him. The Harley riders were going there normal pace, all bunched up and the rice rockets looked disappointed and looked bored. The next cop we saw was in a pull out with his radar gun point at a blind turn. Luckily, I has just slowed down enough to be of now interest to him.

PCH was nice from SLO north - wish there was a way to get rid of all those cars though.

Next time I come down that way I'd like to ride the Crest. Looks great on google maps.
Oh, and one more thing, the traffic - mind blowing! Has anybody calculated how much gas is burned up on a 1 mile section of road in a 1 minute? Probably a gazillion gallons.

What, LEOs on the 33?
Wow, I've only heard of that one other time.
I hope they don't start patrolling up there.

If you don't like riding with LEOs, you won't like the Crest.
That bit of highway is definitely heavily patrolled.

Didn't know you were headed up PCH out of SLO.
Did you, by any chance, make a little detour on Old Creek Road?

The LEO's have been patrolling due to a high incident of traffic accidents, some fatal, this past year.

My brother and I will be doing a California costal ride south from Trinidad, and hopefully, 33 will be included on the way home, depending on time.
I was hoping to do a few Todd upgrades, but a new 5 ton AC unit and a Princess fall cruse from NYC to Quebec fixed that idea. Once again, shot down in flames.
Got to keep Madam happy.

Wow, great shots, Beaufort. Now I have another road to look forward to. I have been on some of the other back roads north of SLO.

Brian, I was wondering if you've gone that Trinity ride yet. Those upgrades will be waiting. The O2 Optimizer makes a big difference for little money. I my level of riding skill, going north ( up hill) on 33 is funner - more throttle control.

Back