• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lovin the Stelvio once more

flipper

Tuned and Synch'ed
What with the winter, new bike, and the recall work my Stelvio has been a bit neglected the last few months.

As stated in an earlier post when I picked it up from shop with work done my Stelvio felt horrible, slow, sluggish and heavy I thought to myself I dont remember it being so strange to ride. I put it down to not riding it for months and also most of my recent riding being done on the Ducati Hyper, I was right.

Weather in Aberdeen was pretty good today so decied to go for a wee run. Missus on back fill tank and were off on a 200 mile run.
Didnt take long till it all started to come back and I started to realise why I like my Stelvio so much.
The bike has so much presence, like sitting on a great big horse ya can see more of the road in front of ya.
Its so easy to drive, just flowing along through the bends with that big V twin purring away, get it over 5K and ya can get a fair lick on.
The exhaust note on the over run, man I love that sound.
One of the things I like most is I never ever see another Stelvio on the road and it turns everyones heads.
So am lovin my Stelvio once more.

Had to have a pit stop behind a tree in a layby, on walking back to bike I thought, that bike is looking pretty good and even quite aggressive, judge for yourself. The Stelvio looks lovely from this angle.

1stApril5.jpg

You should drop this in the 'out and about' photos.

Some moron pulled out in front of my daughter and her car was totalled. She needed to borrow mine. But this past week this area has been experiencing more rainfall then it has had in about 4 years. But, riding the Stelvio, I don't think I mind at all. Just takes the right gear.

Can you tell me more about that luggage rack? Looks to be Givi. If it is, and you have part numbers, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

Yeah its a givi.
Cant remember much about when I got it but its readily available.
There was loads of info on it on the board before the big crash.
Hopefully someone will post up with further info. I will have a look and see what I can find.

I actually like riding in crap weather, hate the cleaning afterwards though. Your right all ya need is good kit and its a breeze.

Cheers
John

Here are a couple of pics with the box fitted.

Looking up at the Stelvio Pass
IMG_0033.jpg

Another pic wi box on
IMG_0011.jpg

Have a look at this site

E708 monokey plate

http://www.givi.co.uk/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=28778

Know what you mean John. I've just had 5 months on the Pan European. Got back on the Stelvio a couple of weeks ago and the big grin returned. The Pan behaved impecably through the ice, rain and snow, a real gent........but so bloody boring, lol. Back on the Stelvio now till November so shouild get another 10/12 k miles on them new cam followers. That'll sort 'em.

Wayne, here's the link to the E708 on the Givi USA site
http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=28902

This is a plate and adapting hardware that bolts to the OEM tailpiece.

The SR210 complete kit for the Breva/Norge also works well with very minor grinding where the GIVI mounting brackets go into the pockets in the tail of the Stelvio. I went this route because I already had the SR210 from my Breva, and also the original Stelvio steel arms were crooked. I also like the fact that the GIVI breva mount is forged steel, not welded up construction like the Guzzi bits.

Yup, the E 708 works just fine from GIVI. Just put it all together loose before tightening the bugger up. There is a disconnect between the manufactures and it takes a little of holding your mouth in the right position to get everything lined up.

BUT in true GIVI fashion my brake light does not work, had the same problem in 03 on my Concours, waiting for GIVI USA to send me parts through Twisted Throttle.

Also still waiting for the cam upgrade, it appears Piaggio is sending the cams & tappets via carrier pigeon with broken wings. :(

This really has my Swedish temper at an all time high, Piaggio doesn't seem to care, won't return my calls and has yet to notify me that the parts are state side.

kwn306 wrote:
This really has my Swedish temper at an all time high, Piaggio doesn't seem to care, won't return my calls and has yet to notify me that the parts are state side.

If they didn't call, then they may have run out of parts or your dealer hasn't filed the warranty paperwork yet.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
kwn306 wrote:

If they didn't call, then they may have run out of parts or your dealer hasn't filed the warranty paperwork yet.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!! I was told my bike was one of the 10 by my dealer........supposedly the parts are on the way, at least that is what the parts dept claims.....but they have lied before.

flipper, did you post anything about the Zumo mount have there before? Seems the perfect location!

RJVB
Yes before the crash I posted with a load of pics showing how I mounted the Zumo with a Touratech mount between the screen uprights. For me this is the ideal placement. I hardly have to take my eyes off the road to look at screen. In saying that though I hardly look at the screen as the sound is hooked through my autocom unit. Its also easier to do things liike change volume and choose music on the fly without it being to much of a distraction on my driving.
Other posts and pics were, handguards, mistral can, givi rack.
Anyone who wishes any pics or info need only ask and I will post up again.
Cheers
John

flipper wrote:
Other posts and pics were, handguards, mistral can, givi rack.
Anyone who wishes any pics or info need only ask and I will post up again.

I would appreciate seeing what you did for hand guards. Though I have installed a Throttlemeister and that will complicate things.

If it's not too much, please also do post guidelines on the GPS mount. I agree completely with your reasons to mount it there, so any documentation as to how to achieve this is a boon!

(oh, and say hi to Skippy from me ;) :silly:)

Your confusing me now, I actually work wi a guy called skippy, if you know him you probably know Marco, hes in Paris. I'm sure your joking but it is a small world and its amazing sometimes when this sort of thing happens.

I will start a new thread showing how I mounted the ZUMO.

Cheers
John

Oh my, I'm sorry... I was referring to the old tv series Flipper (the dolphin) and Skippy (a roo) ... :)

Thanks for launching a new thread!

No worries, its what I really though you were refering to anyway.
Skippy & Flipper, now theres a team for ya

flipper wrote:
Have a look at this site

E708 monokey plate

Did you install the plate over the plastic cover on the bike, or did you remove the plastic and attach it to the metal.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
flipper wrote:
Have a look at this site

E708 monokey plate

Did you install the plate over the plastic cover on the bike, or did you remove the plastic and attach it to the metal.

You remove the plastic covering, a couple screws if I remember correctly and install the plate directly to the metal bar/bracket.

Back