• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Luggage rack for Givi Top Box

countryguz

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I have been looking all around for the right combination rack and top box. I found a top box that I like from Givi. It is a 56L and it is about the same size as the OEM 50L boxes that are no longer made. Some websites still show the box, but when it comes down to it, they say they cannot get it. So, I looked around and find that HB offers a few options for racks. One has a small seat back w/o a rear luggage rack; One has a seat back w/ a rear luggage rack; One has a rear luggage rack w/o a seat back. Which of the two with a rear luggage rack fits a Givi box and what size box would be the best to buy?

From my interchange with Givi they are unsure so they suggested that I get the rack first then order the plate from Givi to make sure the plate fits before I buy a top box. So, from the experiences of the forum will a Givi top box 56L fit on an after market HB rack with a seat back or is it best to go without the setback. I would like to order a box with a cushion. But I want to find out experiences from you all before I start buying...

I used to own a California (now a Eldorado) and I know that the HB rack is too small for the Givi mounting plate. I eventually found a MG luggage in Canada and had it shipped to me in the USA. I mounted a SHAD mounting plate and a Shad top box. I think I found the last California luggage rack in North America.

Attachments

• 852505D2-CBA4-4175-AA32-931A92993CE9.jpeg
    852505D2-CBA4-4175-AA32-931A92993CE9.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 37E7D574-46D4-46E4-837F-82A9EF4F4C3D.jpeg
    37E7D574-46D4-46E4-837F-82A9EF4F4C3D.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 13
I think you did find the last luggage rack in NA. I even looked overseas and none are available which is why I am looking at HB. So, I am just looking at the HB rack now and thought the GIVI was a top box option for HB. Now that I know it is not an option for the HB rack I will focus on the HB rack and top box combo option. I like the option to have both the top box for long distance but still have the OEM- no rack option for around the area. But I will look at SHAD to see what options are available. Thank you...

I’ve written about this many times but here goes one more…

Moto Guzzi is a HAND BUILDER of motorcycles. They have LIMITED production capabilities. Hence, for the very few accessories that are initially available for a given model, the expected market life of these items is usually about 5 years.

This means that after 5 years, there isn’t enough potential volume to make manufacturing the accessory, profitable any longer. Hence, when the supply is gone, they are gone. Yes, you would love to buy one, but there are not 25 people who want to buy one. That’s the difference.

So, I tell people when they ask me, to get the accessories you are looking for as soon as possible because they will dry up very soon.

An excellent example of this is the BMW R1150 platform. Outstanding engines, that can run forever. I’ve wanted to acquire a few very low mileage, mint condition models but if they do not have the factory luggage already on the motorcycle, forget it. No longer available.

Imagine a great road-going touring motorcycle that you cannot get luggage for. Silly, I know. However, BMW sells many more motorcycles than Moto Guzzi, and even BMW gives up production of accessories within about 5-7 years.

Just information for the curious…

I find that if I start doing word searches on a subject matter I can find that person who knows someone who knows someone that has the part in a shed or on a damaged bike. When I start asking and looking into salvage yards and someone picks up on my searching I get feedback on options and those elusive parts. Some times it works out and some times it does not. Then I get an email months later and someone asks if I am looking for that elusive part. E.g., my 2003 CA EV1100 needed a new speedometer and I wanted a MG part and not a knock off. I kept searching for about 2 years and one popped up on eBay and a fellow forum dude gave me the heads up. So the more I ask and put words into a forum, and we know the Internet never forgets, I might snag one on the outside chance someone picks up on the thread. It takes time...if it works in my favor...

I find that if I start doing word searches on a subject matter I can find that person who knows someone who knows someone that has the part in a shed or on a damaged bike. When I start asking and looking into salvage yards and someone picks up on my searching I get feedback on options and those elusive parts. Some times it works out and some times it does not. Then I get an email months later and someone asks if I am looking for that elusive part. E.g., my 2003 CA EV1100 needed a new speedometer and I wanted a MG part and not a knock off. I kept searching for about 2 years and one popped up on eBay and a fellow forum dude gave me the heads up. So the more I ask and put words into a forum, and we know the Internet never forgets, I might snag one on the outside chance someone picks up on the thread. It takes time...if it works in my favor...
The OEM 50 ltr Guzzi top case is made by Shad, it is a SH50 and you can mix and match the lid colour. The Guzzi ones didn't have the full reflector/light around the lid but other than that it is identical.

Attachments

• 17319-Shad-SH50-Top-Case-50L-With-Backrest-1600-2.jpg
    17319-Shad-SH50-Top-Case-50L-With-Backrest-1600-2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I will check on that and see if they have a rack that I can use. I found out that HB has a rack and recommended luggage paired to it. I think what I need is for something to carry stuff on a trip and a place to put my helmet instead of just laying it on the seat or carrying it with me into an establishment. I will keep the passenger handle bar for around town but cud use xtra space for a trip. Or maybe find a good soft duffle bag that I can tie to the handle instead??? We'll see!

I will check on that and see if they have a rack that I can use. I found out that HB has a rack and recommended luggage paired to it. I think what I need is for something to carry stuff on a trip and a place to put my helmet instead of just laying it on the seat or carrying it with me into an establishment. I will keep the passenger handle bar for around town but cud use xtra space for a trip. Or maybe find a good soft duffle bag that I can tie to the handle instead??? We'll see!
How about a top bag instead of a top box, they are much easier to mount on the HB rack, and will usually take a helmet...

Attachments

• luggage.jpg
    luggage.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 9
  • corbin4.jpg
    corbin4.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 9
It looks like to me that you have a rack with a seat back or is the seat back part of your Corbin? And is the rack the one that is advertised for CA 1400’s by HB that I find on the internet?

Back in 2020 I put a post out on on a Triumph website that I was looking for a factory solo seat for my 2000 Adventurer. I knew it was a long shot but almost a year later a old member was perusing the site, saw my post and not only did he have a seat but also the ( rarer then hens teeth ) factory luggage rack that he just wanted to get rid of since he had long sold the bike! I sent the man $100.00 which is more then he wanted and we were both happy campers. Doesn't hurt to ask

Which luggage did HB recommend for their rack?

It looks like to me that you have a rack with a seat back or is the seat back part of your Corbin? And is the rack the one that is advertised for CA 1400’s by HB that I find on the internet?
Yes that's the HB back rest and rack, Todd has them in the store on this site.

Which luggage did HB recommend for their rack?
The HB rack part number I was looking at is:650.544 01 02 and the recommended fit top boxes are 610.206 00 01 and 610.089 00 01 and 610.089 00 09. These are the combinations recommended by the website due to loading on the rack I assume and size/fit.

Back