• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

luggage

ralf z

Just got it firing!
Hey guys,
Has anyone fitted a ventura rack kit to there griso?
i have the factory bag kit and just need more space...

ralf
Have one on my Griso and it is an excellent bit of kit.
Easy to fit or remove, takes about 10 mins so no need to leave it on all the time if you don't need it.
Make sure you get the upgraded L brackets for our model.
The original ones I had cracked near the mounting holes so I contacted Kenma the local distributor (Australia) and they replaced them with no quibbling.
I sent them them back the original parts and they returned them to Ventura in NZ so they could see what had failed.
Ventura redesigned them using more robust material for the mounts which should solve any future problem.
Whilst it was annoying that the brackets broke I cannot fault the efforts of Kenma and Ventura who provided excellent customer service and took action to not only replace the defective part but accepted there was a problem and did a redesign to rectify the fault.

Attachments

• Ventura Handrail.JPG
    Ventura Handrail.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 764
  • L Brackets.jpg
    L Brackets.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 764
  • Ventura Rack 2.jpg
    Ventura Rack 2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 764
  • Ventura Rack 3.jpg
    Ventura Rack 3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 765
  • Bag on seat 2.jpg
    Bag on seat 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 764
Wow, the Ventura system looks excellent. I have the oem saddlebags and tail bag on my G12. If I needed to carry more, the Ventura system looks to fit the bill nicely.

All the best,

Mark

Long time Ventura user here. I have two large rack sacks that siamese together when needed for twice the storage capacity. The Ventura system is great for a number of reasons, including the fact that when you change bikes all you have to buy are the L-brackets to fit the new bike. All the other stuff simply slides onto the new brackets. Highly recommended.

kiwijohn said:
How long does it take to fit the l-brackets? Do they just bolt in where the luggage hooks are?

I asked the same question in another thread earlier today -- lotsa luggage stuff swirling just now as we all (in the northern hemisphere pretend we can smell spring and plan trips! :laugh:

Think answer is yes based on studying the various pix. I don't want to keep the C-Bow system on even tho it is not especially obtrusive, and would, if easily removable at those four points, do it after use.

And, while not inexpensive, it costs less than I thought it might, so I see it in my future this spring.

Bill

kiwijohn said:
How long does it take to fit the l-brackets? Do they just bolt in where the luggage hooks are?
Simply undo the bungee bobbins and screw the L-brackets back in place. Very EZ. Ventura has done its homework on proper fitment to each bike.

Goodvibes
My bags are from Hepco & Becker and are their soft bags mounted on C-bow mountings.
Not supercheap but comparably priced with other frame mount options and to my eye one of the better looking sets of soft bags going around. As Bill mentioned there are a number of posts about this product on Guzzitech.
From my experience although only short term, they are a great product and in conjunction with my Ventura rack/bag provide as much room for the gear that I would need to carry on a Griso.
I bought mine from HMB Guzzi in Germany as my local importer couldn't provide them in the time frame needed.

Kiwijohn
The Ventura rack/bag system is a New Zealand invention, surprised you aren't familiar with it. In spite of us from Oz and you Kiwi's liking to take the piss out of our each othere I have to say that it is well engineered, simple to instal and use and also in my experience well backed up by the manufacturer.
You Kiwi's have always had a knack of creating well engineered products without the bullshit and complexity that goes with some other nationalities. I can second the comments from Goodvibes on the simplicity of the installation and practicality.

Mark

Thanks for the reply guys, its made up my mind straightaway....

Mark111 said:
From my experience although only short term, they are a great product and in conjunction with my Ventura rack/bag provide as much room for the gear that I would need to carry on a Griso.
Thanks for the info. For now I'm good on storage space with two of the rack sacks and a backpack (if needed). One thing I did for safety was apply reflective tape to the L-brackets (and other areas of the Griso). The tape is nearly invisible in daylight (it's black), but highly reflective in the dark. Ride on!

Mark111 said:
Goodvibes
My bags are from Hepco & Becker and are their soft bags mounted on C-bow mountings.
Not supercheap but comparably priced with other frame mount options and to my eye one of the better looking sets of soft bags going around. As Bill mentioned there are a number of posts about this product on Guzzitech.
I bought mine from HMB Guzzi in Germany as my local importer couldn't provide them in the time frame needed.

Kiwijohn
The Ventura rack/bag system is a New Zealand invention, surprised you aren't familiar with it. In spite of us from Oz and you Kiwi's liking to take the piss out of our each othere I have to say that it is well engineered, simple to instal and use and also in my experience well backed up by the manufacturer.
You Kiwi's have always had a knack of creating well engineered products without the bullshit and complexity that goes with some other nationalities. I can second the comments from Goodvibes on the simplicity of the installation and practicality.

Mark

Yeah I am familiar with them. Had one on my VFR400 back in 1990. Been in the UK for 13 years now. Good to see them here. I know some bikes are easier fit than others. I even still have the bag from 1990. I like the C-Bows as well.

John
See photo, both brackets use the same mounting hole in the frame of the bike.
I bought some longer Hi-tensile bolts bolts to use when mounting both C-bow and L brackets at the same time to ensure there is enough thread in the mounting holes. If I am using either the bags or the Ventura rack on their own I just use the standard bolts supplied with each product. I always use the Ventura bag on the pillion seat if I'm on my own so that there is minimal load on the rack.
Beware of the German sense of Humor, when I received my C-bow kit the brackets were incorrectly marked left and right. After rooting around for half an hour I finally realised the error and sorted it out in 10 mins.

Attachments

• DSCF0350.JPG
    DSCF0350.JPG
    897 KB · Views: 331
Thanks for the info. I like this set up alot.

I do prefer the look of the Guzzi Genuine rack but I dont want to drill holes in the body work to fit it.

Sounds like you take them on and off as needed.

Because of the ease of installation and removeal of both luggage systems I tend to remove them unless I plan to use them again in the near future.
I will sometimes leave the Vetura rack on more often because I can use the handrail (shown in the picture) when riding with my wife and the bag doesn't increase the width of the bike which is more practical in traffic.
I'm not trying to push either system, it is just that they suit my type of usage perfectly.

I don't know what weight the factory rack can carry but if your in to heavy loads it may suit your purposes better, I have no point of comparison as I have no experience with the factory item.
Ventura do offer ditterent size racks if you don't want the tall one used to mount their big bags.

Good luck with any decision but when it comes down to it either the factory or those I use shouldn't let you down.

Back