• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lupo's old neighborhood is on fire in Sylmar

Damn Don, had no idea until I flipped on the TV just now. Looks like it should stay just North of you, yes? Any real fear of it still coming your way?

I spoke to Don earlier this morning. Seems like fire is being blown to the west of him, away from him-unless the direction of the wind changes.....

The old house is gone. Bad news is my niece bought the house plus all the old friends in the neighborhood. Everything is gone. I'm so sick about their losses. By buddy Tom, who you know Don, the neighbor across the street. He was at work since he works nights but had the most cherry custom VW bug, a Road King with all the goodies and an HO model railroad layout that took up 2 rooms and has been 25 years of passion building. All gone. It's so sad.

The power went out around 4am.
We passed out for an hour or so then got out.

The fire is up to the top of the hills and over the other side.
Water dropping helicopters are still buzzing over the house since we’re in the path to their water source.

We are circulating the air in the house to filter out the dust and smoke.
Still smells funky.
fire_210055t.jpg

Damn Larry, so sorry to hear.

KenM from up in Santa Barbara is out of his house on ordered evacuation. He thinks they should be OK.

Don, sounds like for the most part you're in the clear so to speak? One thing is for sure, the smoke made for an incredible low sun/set day today.
Keep us posted.

As we know as motorcyclists, property and stuff is just that. Life is everything and so far everybody I know is O.K. I'm glad all is fine with you and your family Don.

Bugger? Had to look that one up Mike:) I think what we in our Guzzi community have is just this, genuine love for like minded people. We share the good times and the hard times. So many people go through life alone. Bugger ehh?

Lupo wrote:
I think what we in our Guzzi community have is just this, genuine love for like minded people. We share the good times and the hard times.
Absolutely, even if we are all imaginary, I still say Bugger! :) Australia burns regularly (well some of it anyway), I feel your pain.

Hey, Lupo,

Sorry to hear about the losses in your old 'hood. It's been weird sitting up here at the house watching it all unfold over the last 24 hours. The Brea fire is quite a sight. Gotta wonder when our number's gonna come up.

Damn... I left L.A last wednesday evening and nothing was happening. I just watched the news tonight only to find out about this...
They said that it nows almost surrounds the area down to Orange County where I was staying...
With the dryness after the long summer, it's not hard to imagine...
My thoughts to all the ones who lost something and to those who are still waiting for this to end...

All of this while it has been raining non stop over here for the past three weeks or so... and I haven't been able to take the bike out for such a long time.

Like Spaghetti Westerns? Check this out, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly... The Ugly: over 500 of the 600 homes at Oakridge wiped out. The Bad: my stupid nephew in law who bought the old house never got homeowners insurance. Two children and a wife. He didn't even bother grabbing things leaving saying " it"ll be like last time, just bringing everything back". He's lucky about one thing, I'm 500 miles away and want to kick his ass so bad he'll become a cripple. The Good: my buddy Tom jammed back from work knowing the fire was heading for the neighborhood. LAFD told him he couldn't go in because it was too dangerous. He told them he had to get his Medicine ( medicine, get it?). He was able to get both his bike's out in less then 30 minutes before everything was wiped out. I'm glad for him. He's a really good guy.

Lupo wrote:
Like Spaghetti Westerns? Check this out, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly... The Ugly: over 500 of the 600 homes at Oakridge wiped out. The Bad: my stupid nephew in law who bought the old house never got homeowners insurance. Two children and a wife. He didn't even bother grabbing things leaving saying " it"ll be like last time, just bringing everything back".

Oh for fuck's sakes. Boy needs a beatin' :(. Sure insurance is expensive, till you need it. Bugger squared!

Pete

Damn Larry, that sucks for your niece. It's hard to imagine having everything you own wiped out suddenly, like that.

-Tim.

pete roper wrote:
Lupo wrote:
Like Spaghetti Westerns? Check this out, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly... The Ugly: over 500 of the 600 homes at Oakridge wiped out. The Bad: my stupid nephew in law who bought the old house never got homeowners insurance. Two children and a wife. He didn't even bother grabbing things leaving saying " it"ll be like last time, just bringing everything back".

Oh for fuck's sakes. Boy needs a beatin' :(. Sure insurance is expensive, till you need it. Bugger squared!

Pete

Plus one. Or better, squared.

Back