• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Magazi round black mirrors

jennygirl

Tuned and Synch'ed
I just got some new mirrors in, and I love them so much I decided to share a few pics here. Initially I installed some napoleon mirrors, but found that they were a bit too wide for my liking... and for some reason just didn't really match the style of the bike especially with clip ons and the GT dash drop kit.

These are Magazi round black mirrors, I got them from amazon for $114 shipped. Kind of pricey, but I think worth every penny. The build quality is fantastic, and they will work out of the box with the stock mirror mounts (they come with all sorts of different mounting hardware). The lenses are 4" wide and convex, so they have a very supple field of view. Next up are a set of Todd's CNC levers :)

Here are the pics
20150420 133003
20150420 133122
20150420 132900

Happy and safe riding everyone :)

Wow, those do look good on there! Much better than bar end mirrors, thanks for posting...I gotta check those out..

Thanks mwrenn! Just took it for a spin. It sure seems like it made a difference to the look of the bike, 3 people took the time to roll down their windows at stoplights and tell me what a nice bike it is.. the first one not even 60ft from my driveway! lol. I mean I get comments all the time on the bike, but this was just a bit more than usual.

Maybe it's just in my head ;)

Funny what a difference a set of mirrors will make! Lol. Really, those are the first mirrors I have seen on a V7 that just looked right...I think it is the way they are just about parallel with the handlebar, not sticking up at an angle...very cool!

Hi JG

Very attractive looking set up. I am sorely tempted! I run Napoleons on my Stone which look OK with stock bars and a cunning arrangement which keep them from extending beyond the width of the bars. I am interested to know what clipons you have fitted and if you had any issues with sufficient space between the forks and headlight nacelle for ease of placement of the clamps.
You are creating one cool cat of a machine.

Das

Thanks so much Das! I really appreciate it. The improvements have really turned it up a notch from my perspective, too. The bike feels so much tighter and compact while lane splitting. Feels more zippy and less like a wide cockpit you might find on a cruiser. I like that a lot, it inspires me to relax yet hunker into it. It seems to be set up perfectly for my body now. Still some adjustments to make with the rear brake lever though! And obviously suspension.

Anyway, to answer your question. They are Tarozzi clips (high rise). The 40mm clamps do fit on the fork tubes, but they fit better with the GT dash drop kit- there is more clearance now. Before, they were kinda scrunched on there.

Also had to flip the bracket that goes from the 40mm clamp to the bar rod (the high rise part) so that the front brake master cylinder and clutch sensor cable would clear properly and allow me to tilt the levers forward and down.
Hope this helps! Thanks again!

Thanks JG. Good to get that feedback. I can appreciate the relaxed/hunkering dichotomy. My other bike is a 1998 Honda VTR 1000 with quite low clipons which along with the rearsets results in a relatively aggressive riding position. Way different to the stock Stone setup but I love it. A narrower profile and leaning forward posture seems to me to be appropriate for being on a motorbike. Sort of more involved and integrated. I have often thought something along similar lines without being so extreme would go down well with the beloved Stone. A couple more questions. How is it in wet weather riding without a rear fender? Aesthetically I like the look - just wondering how it goes in real world conditions. Second, how much extra space does the dash drop kit create?
For what it's worth I have upgraded front and rear suspension. Alloy Ikons on the rear and higher spec progressive springs and fluids in the forks. I weigh in at not much over 160 lb and found the stock suspension kind of harsh.
Keep up the good work. You have a great eye for coooool.

Das

Nice! This is my first bike so I can't even imagine what a fast one like that must feel like! The 750 in the Stone feels like plenty for me.. right now at least ;)

I live in LA so we rarely ever get rain here. And if we did, I'd prolly be driving the truck! Haha. So sorry, no real feedback on the fender eliminator yet. I imagine you would get some splash up. However, the attach point for the license plate is solid so that probably helps.

I am at about the same weight with gear and I find the same w/ the suspension- a bit harsh! I've been talking to Todd about going with RaceTech or Matris for rears and switching oil viscosity in the fork. Thanks for your feedback as well!

And thank you for the kind words :)

Back