• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Maybe a new Moto Guzzi rider

BeO

Just got it firing!
Hello, new member but still not a Moto Guzzi owner. I'm of model year '72, living in the southernmost part of Sweden. Please pardon my english, I hope this post will be readable.

I started riding again about 3 years ago, after a 30+ years break. Back then when I was 16, it was two-stroke 125's I rode. last year I finally got my license upgraded and could ride my first big boy bike.
My current bike, a 2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701, I bought used at the end of 2021, but it was only in spring last year when I could finally start riding her properly. After about 10,000km over the past year, I'm still very much in love with this bike. She's a keeper :)

But I want something for longer rides. So this spring I've been around the various bike dealers in my area and tried out quite different kinds of bikes, to see what would fit me. So far I've tried Yamaha Ténéré 700, Yamaha XSR 900, Husqvarna Norden 901 (both standard and Adventure), Honda Africa Twin, Suzuki GSX-S 1000 GX, Husqvarna 701 Enduro... hmm that's it I think. Oh yeah, Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello S.

Each bike had its positives and negatives, of course, and it's very personal what you prioritize. With a bad back, I'm looking for decent comfort and a fairly upright riding position. But the engine is a very important factor as well for me. Sound, response, feel. Not effect, I'm a slow rider who likes to take it easy and enjoy my surroundings. The 75hp I have in my Svartpilen thumper is plenty enough for me, but then that bike weighs in at 168kg with a full tank of petrol.

None of the bikes I've had the opportunity to try out this spring have come close to beating my Svartpilen when it comes to the fun factor. The 701 Enduro came closest, but it's the same engine so that explains why, I guess :) The parallel twins didn't do much for me, competent engines with plenty of power but the fun factor wasn't there. The inline four in the Suzuki was a blast though, good response and plenty of power (too much for me?). That bike was also my main contender for my first touring bike.

Then I remembered that I hadn't looked at the italians. A quick trip to my local Aprilia/Guzzi/Harley dealer and I found both the Aprilia Tuono V4 and the Moto Guzzi V100 to be valid, although a bit expensive, alternatives. The Aprilia I knew would be great in one aspect, that lovely V4 sound. Never tried it though. I asked about the maintenance costs of the Aprilia, and just like that it was off the list.

Then I took a closer look at the Mandello S, and the more I looked at it and its specs, the more I liked it. The dealer sent me out on a test ride, which unfortunately was a bit hampered by rush hour traffic and very strong winds that day. But I liked the bike. Decent comfort (although a short ride won't really predict what it will feel like after an hour or so in the saddle), great sounding engine, quite nice throttle response in sport mode, and the suspension seems pretty nice as well.

This weekend I took a second test ride on the bike, winds being much more normal now so I could try out the fairing as well. I'm very conscoius about wind noise. Of all the bikes I've tested so far, my own bike is still the best when it comes to wind noise. And the other two naked bikes of course (701 Enduro and XSR 900). I get better wind protection with the big screens, of course, but noise levels go up at the same time. I wasn't really aware of that when I started out on my quest for a touring bike, since I have so little experience with big bikes, but now I've come to realise that it's something I seem to have to accept unless I buy a Goldwing. The Mandello was better than the Ténéré and the Africa Twin, and on par with the Suzuki GX when it comes to wind noise. And if I lifted my butt about 10cm or so, it was as quiet as my Husqvarna. But it's hard to ride for long standing like that :) just an observation I did when riding it.

So long story short, I'm right now waiting for the dealer to get back to me with what the bike plus some accessories would cost me. Moto Guzzi have a campaign right now where the side bags are included if you buy a new 2023 V100, but the offer is not valid for the S model, which bugs me quite a bit. Those side bags aren't exactly cheap, but a must have for me if I'm going to go for longer rides. And the Guzzi is already at the limit of what I can spend on a new toy :) Hopefully I can get a nice deal and become a Moto Guzzi owner in the near future!

Sorry for the long post! Cheers!

If you aren’t in a rush for a second bike, wait. The deal will surface for you. Guzzis are soulful machines. All others are appliances. ;)
Enjoy, and hope to see you back on a V100.

Hello, new member but still not a Moto Guzzi owner. I'm of model year '72, living in the southernmost part of Sweden. Please pardon my english, I hope this post will be readable.

I started riding again about 3 years ago, after a 30+ years break. Back then when I was 16, it was two-stroke 125's I rode. last year I finally got my license upgraded and could ride my first big boy bike.
My current bike, a 2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701, I bought used at the end of 2021, but it was only in spring last year when I could finally start riding her properly. After about 10,000km over the past year, I'm still very much in love with this bike. She's a keeper :)

But I want something for longer rides. So this spring I've been around the various bike dealers in my area and tried out quite different kinds of bikes, to see what would fit me. So far I've tried Yamaha Ténéré 700, Yamaha XSR 900, Husqvarna Norden 901 (both standard and Adventure), Honda Africa Twin, Suzuki GSX-S 1000 GX, Husqvarna 701 Enduro... hmm that's it I think. Oh yeah, Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello S.

Each bike had its positives and negatives, of course, and it's very personal what you prioritize. With a bad back, I'm looking for decent comfort and a fairly upright riding position. But the engine is a very important factor as well for me. Sound, response, feel. Not effect, I'm a slow rider who likes to take it easy and enjoy my surroundings. The 75hp I have in my Svartpilen thumper is plenty enough for me, but then that bike weighs in at 168kg with a full tank of petrol.

None of the bikes I've had the opportunity to try out this spring have come close to beating my Svartpilen when it comes to the fun factor. The 701 Enduro came closest, but it's the same engine so that explains why, I guess :) The parallel twins didn't do much for me, competent engines with plenty of power but the fun factor wasn't there. The inline four in the Suzuki was a blast though, good response and plenty of power (too much for me?). That bike was also my main contender for my first touring bike.

Then I remembered that I hadn't looked at the italians. A quick trip to my local Aprilia/Guzzi/Harley dealer and I found both the Aprilia Tuono V4 and the Moto Guzzi V100 to be valid, although a bit expensive, alternatives. The Aprilia I knew would be great in one aspect, that lovely V4 sound. Never tried it though. I asked about the maintenance costs of the Aprilia, and just like that it was off the list.

Then I took a closer look at the Mandello S, and the more I looked at it and its specs, the more I liked it. The dealer sent me out on a test ride, which unfortunately was a bit hampered by rush hour traffic and very strong winds that day. But I liked the bike. Decent comfort (although a short ride won't really predict what it will feel like after an hour or so in the saddle), great sounding engine, quite nice throttle response in sport mode, and the suspension seems pretty nice as well.

This weekend I took a second test ride on the bike, winds being much more normal now so I could try out the fairing as well. I'm very conscoius about wind noise. Of all the bikes I've tested so far, my own bike is still the best when it comes to wind noise. And the other two naked bikes of course (701 Enduro and XSR 900). I get better wind protection with the big screens, of course, but noise levels go up at the same time. I wasn't really aware of that when I started out on my quest for a touring bike, since I have so little experience with big bikes, but now I've come to realise that it's something I seem to have to accept unless I buy a Goldwing. The Mandello was better than the Ténéré and the Africa Twin, and on par with the Suzuki GX when it comes to wind noise. And if I lifted my butt about 10cm or so, it was as quiet as my Husqvarna. But it's hard to ride for long standing like that :) just an observation I did when riding it.

So long story short, I'm right now waiting for the dealer to get back to me with what the bike plus some accessories would cost me. Moto Guzzi have a campaign right now where the side bags are included if you buy a new 2023 V100, but the offer is not valid for the S model, which bugs me quite a bit. Those side bags aren't exactly cheap, but a must have for me if I'm going to go for longer rides. And the Guzzi is already at the limit of what I can spend on a new toy :) Hopefully I can get a nice deal and become a Moto Guzzi owner in the near future!

Sorry for the long post! Cheers!
Hi BeO. Have you tried V85tt? I fell in love immediately. For me, however, a V100 was never relevant. Way too expensive💸💸💸
Mvh, Rodde Från Växjö.

Reactions: BeO
Back