• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mexico pics

Bisbonian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Since we're in the middle of buying a house in Banamichi, Sonora Mexico we've been spending quite a bit of time down there.

A few weeks ago the fields really started to green up and the mustard was flowering nicely.

P2200041.jpg

This past weekend we went down to help out some friends who were having a spaghetti dinner for the annual mountain bike race.

This abandoned mill is about a kilometer from our house.

P3240078.jpg

P3240082.jpg

We did some exploring and found that some of the old machinery is still in place.

P3240084.jpg

P3240086.jpg

P3240098.jpg

It's not in very good repair and I elected not to move up to the second and third floors.

P3240090.jpg

On Sunday the bicyclists were scheduled to ride right by our house. I went out a bit early and checked out our neighborhood.

The city is upgrading the water pipes in the area and ours is one of the last to get done since we're a bit out of town. Unfortunately on Friday the water main burst down the street and we lost all water pressure.

P3250110.jpg

Luckily for us the street that got flooded isn't ours, I tried to warn some people from trying to drive down this but they didn't understand my American sign language and ended up getting stuck in some very deep mud.

For some reason our street is a haven for turkey vultures.

This is but a very few of what we normally get.

P3250107.jpg

For those of you not familiar with turkey vultures, this is what they're all about:

turkey-vulture.gif

It's very disconcerting to walk down our lane at night with about a hundred of these things roosting in the tree above you. They jump from branch to branch and I constantly worry about vulture puke or poop but we've been luck so far.

I found a good place to get a good view of the racers coming down the trail.

P3250116.jpg

I was hoping that the 90 degree turn with loose sand would make for some excitement but these guys handled it all very well.

P3250118.jpg

The event is sort of a 2-part thing. There is the race which the fast guys compete in and then there's just the ride you can sign up for which follows the same course but isn't competitive. The racers take this pretty seriously but I was happy to see plenty of riders who reminded me more of..well me.

P3250134.jpg

It's a 2-day event with the first day being a ride from Sinoquipe to Banamichi. By road this is about 17 kilometers but from what I understand the ride goes through 40k of mountain trail. The second day is from Banamichi to Baviacora, this is probably about 25k by road but I have no idea how the bike course went.

Watching the riders was inspirational, I'm thinking about representing the gringos next year; just riding though, not racing.

Some all terrain tyres on the Guzzi and you can "Marshall" the ride and have a bit of off road fun - how many marshalls can they take?

Interesting pictures,I'm very envious of the blue sky,it's been raining with a very cold north wind for the last three weeks here in Scotland.
I replied because I am a maintenance engineer at the Glenfiddich distillery at Dufftown Scotland,we have a very old Malt barn,and the bucket elevator, at the old mill in your photo's,is just like the most modern of our elevators. It just looked like a lot of usefull spares, now how can I wangle a trip to Mexico to salvage the bit's.
Cheers
Lee

That bike race could have done with.................... a drop of rain, just to liven it up and create a few laughs. :lol:

Back