• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mode switch question

magoo

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi, I have an '08 B1200 with the stock left hand switchblock MODE button.

Not sure if mine is faulty or I'm using it incorrectly. Can't follow the English translation in the owner manual very well.

When I push right or left momentarily it cycles normally throught the various readings, max speed, mpg, time etc.

When I push left or right and hold for 2 seconds it only seems to cycle through Trip1, Trip 2 and Chrono. It occasionally and randomly finds Battery voltage and menu (which is what I'm after, once in menu I'm fine).

Is there a trick I'm missing in looking for the menu ??

It seems that pushing the mode button in only resets the odometers in T1 or T2.

While I'm at it could someone please post a diagram showing the the location of the oil pressure sensor ? I'm getting the service light come on randomly for no reason (none of the ecu or dash errors show 7 or 8)

Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers,

There is a nack. You are doing it right. Short press will flick through the mpg as you say, 2 secs will change trip 1 and 2 and chrono, in chrono short flick will do volts etc.

The oil pressure switch is under tank very trickie to get to so I'm informed. Download the service manual on here will show you.

I'm sure someone with greater knowledge than me will help you out more.

Lee

I don't think there is really a "left" or "right" for the button that toggles through the menu's. You simply press and release to toggle to the next or press and hold to select the current choice.
And yes, you can only reset the trip (1 or 2) when the trip is selected.
The third option, Mode I believe, scrolls through the other menu's like volts, mileage, chrono, etc.. And you can only select the set up menu when you are not moving as I recall.

To get access to the DSB and ECU Codes you will have to enter the Service Code - 36421. To get this code in, go to the Chrono, and step through the menus until you get to Service - hold button in until it asks for "Service Code" - enter in the number (you will have to enter short presses to increase the Most Significant Digit - the one on the left hand side - when the number is correct - 3 in this case, hold the button in and the menu will then prompt you for the next digit - repeat this for all 5 digits).

Then you will be presented with options to reset the spanner icon, view/reset ECU codes and view/reset DSB codes.

It takes a bit of practice but is not really hard once you learn the knack. Any problems at any time and you can reset the whole process by switching back to T1 or T2 and starting all over again.

Sharpen that finger :mrgreen:

Oz1200Guzzi said:
To get access to the DSB and ECU Codes you will have to enter the Service Code - 36421. To get this code in, go to the Chrono, and step through the menus until you get to Service - hold button in until it asks for "Service Code" - enter in the number (you will have to enter short presses to increase the Most Significant Digit - the one on the left hand side - when the number is correct - 3 in this case, hold the button in and the menu will then prompt you for the next digit - repeat this for all 5 digits).

Then you will be presented with options to reset the spanner icon, view/reset ECU codes and view/reset DSB codes.

It takes a bit of practice but is not really hard once you learn the knack. Any problems at any time and you can reset the whole process by switching back to T1 or T2 and starting all over again.

Sharpen that finger :mrgreen:

Since he has the joystick model, the code could be 28315 see https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/196/917.html

Yes mine is 28315. All sorted now thanks to your combined help.

Bike going in for major service tomorrow 20,000 km. I'm getting the splines and swingarm pivot lubed as well.

Love this bike, only worry I have is if I get electrical gremlins far from home when it's a bit older.

Cheers and beers,

Back