• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Monoshock change........Help

Louis

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi Stelvisti

Next week i would like to change my OEM Sachs shock for a custom build Wilbers shock.
The new Wilbers shock is build for the weight of 2-up and luggage.
I have read already some threads here, but still it is not fully clear to me if i can change
the rearshock easily without removing the swingarm and the Exaust.

Any advice is most welcome.

Thanks
Louis
The Netherlands

Hi Louis, I've just had a look at mine in the garage and you certainly won't have to remove the swing arm. I've got an aftermarket exhaust on and that doesn't look like it needs to come off either although the 'stocker' is a big old item. Tassie Mike fitted a new shock recently, might be worth dropping him a PM. Best of luck and keep us posted as to how good the Wilbers shock is - I may be tempted :p

Check with Todd -- I once sent him a step by step with photos for swapping the stock shock with a YSS I obtained from him. If it is not available, send me your email and I'll see if I can locate it for you.

Bisonheed said:
Hi Louis, I've just had a look at mine in the garage and you certainly won't have to remove the swing arm. I've got an aftermarket exhaust on and that doesn't look like it needs to come off either although the 'stocker' is a big old item. Tassie Mike fitted a new shock recently, might be worth dropping him a PM. Best of luck and keep us posted as to how good the Wilbers shock is - I may be tempted :p
Hi Bisonheed

Thanks for your answer and a PM to Tassie Mike is on his way.

Louis

jonesar said:
Check with Todd -- I once sent him a step by step with photos for swapping the stock shock with a YSS I obtained from him. If it is not available, send me your email and I'll see if I can locate it for you.
Hi Jonesar

Thanks for the answer and PM with my email is sent.

Louis

Monoshock change is done today.
It was done easily without removing the fork and exaust.

"WHAT A DIFFERENCE A SHOCK MAKES" !!!

A big difference and i am very happy with the new shock.

Louis

Louis,
did you get a "procedure" for the shock swap? If so is it something that you could share?
Thanks

pnguzzi said:
Louis,
did you get a "procedure" for the shock swap? If so is it something that you could share?
Thanks
Hi pnguzzi

No, i did not get a "procedure" for the shock swap.
But i made some pics yesterday and could make a procedure with pics how i did it and share
it here if there is need for.

Louis

Louis said:
pnguzzi said:
Louis,
Thanks
Hi pnguzzi

But i made some pics yesterday and could make a procedure with pics how i did it and share

Louis

Louis, that would be a great help to us on this forum. I for one would appreciate you posting in detail what you did.
cheers, Fatal.

fatal said:
Louis said:
pnguzzi said:
Louis,
Thanks
Hi pnguzzi

Louis

Louis, that would be a great help to us on this forum. I for one would appreciate you posting in detail what you did.
cheers, Fatal.
Well folks i took the time this afternoon to make a "procedure" with text and pics and that is how i did it.
I did it with a friend of mine who also has a Stelvio NTX and both we swapped the shocks yesterday.
I have now a PDF file to share, only i must see how to put it here on the forum.
If i am able to do, i hope you can use my "procedure".

Louis

Hi Louis, I'm pleased it worked out for you. I take it you had the shock tailored for your weight ? How did you find the service with Wilbers ? Cheers, Bry.

Bisonheed said:
Hi Louis, I'm pleased it worked out for you. I take it you had the shock tailored for your weight ? How did you find the service with Wilbers ? Cheers, Bry.
Hi Bry

Had a ride today with 2-up and i have played with the adjustments, I am very satisfied about the new shock and it is much better than the stock one. Yes, the new shock is tailer made for me on my weight, weight of the passenger and weight of the load.
Specified it was: 95 kg for me, 70 kg for the passenger and 45 kg for the load. (side panniers/topcase/campinggear etc) In Holland we have a company named HK-suspension and they are very friendly and helpful. I ordered my Wilbers at these company and they allowed me to change the shock myself in their workshop.
Saved me some money and the service was very good.
Link to HK-suspension: http://www.hk-service.nl/

To show how bad my stock shock was, look to the photo's down here.
I have a Hugger on my NTX and look now to the scratches on that hugger and by which part of the bike the scratches were made.

Louis

Attachments

• Stelvio extra achterspatbord  (3).jpg
    Stelvio extra achterspatbord (3).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    519.4 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    475.9 KB · Views: 279
Hi Louis , where did you get the hugger ? Does it also come in carbon ? Marc (Belgium)

Back