• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi production numbers and new factory update Aug 29 2023

TeeTwo

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I'm not sure where to post this local article from Mandello, which is of general interest, so will let the mods shuffle it as necessary.

The PDF is translated by Google so it a bit funky in places but an interesting read.

Cheers T2.

Attachments

• MG-Production-Rev.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Cool, I haven’t seen any numbers of production before.
Small factory, and obviously still only hand made bikes (I like 👍),
Taking delivery mid March and the first buyer to get the V100s out on the streets I can now roughly estimate how many V100 there were manufactured before mine.
I’m not certain I can extract this from my VIN, not with my lack of experience of Moto Guzzis.
It seems that the real main series production seemed to start deliveries in March, before was a small numbers (when interpreting all test drives available on the web and YouTube.
So only some lower thousand bikes at most.
Well, I enjoy the bike and still have the satisfaction to to drive a somewhat unique bike. 😎

I'm not sure where to post this local article from Mandello, which is of general interest, so will let the mods shuffle it as necessary.

The PDF is translated by Google so it a bit funky in places but an interesting read.

Cheers T2.

Thank you TeeTwo. This is very interesting information but I wonder if making the handmade production will decrease (sorry Tebax). From what I read it sounds that they will increase the number of robots ("improving efficiency and effectiveness of production lines", "factory that is more modern". Om the other hand they say that they will increse the number of employes. Workers or managers?.
I am not an engineer and I was not in production of anything.. Can an someone educate me please.

Thanks.
Taking delivery mid March and the first buyer to get the V100s out on the streets I can now roughly estimate how many V100 there were manufactured before mine.
I’m not certain I can extract this from my VIN, not with my lack of experience of Moto Guzzis.
It seems that the real main series production seemed to start deliveries in March, before was a small numbers (when interpreting all test drives available on the web and YouTube.
Well, I enjoy the bike and still have the satisfaction to to drive a somewhat unique bike.

I wonder the handmade production will decrease (sorry Tebax). From what I read it sounds that they will increase the number of robots ("improving efficiency and effectiveness of production lines", "factory that is more modern". Om the other hand they say that they will increse the number of employes. Workers or managers?.
I am not an engineer and I was not in production of anything.. Can an someone educate me please.

Thanks guys.
D.F.

Cheers T2.

I have full respect that it’s not efficient to keep hand production when increasing the production.
But it’s cool in these days to have a handmade bike 😉
However I do wish Moto Guzzi the best trying to survive as a manufacturer in the competition and hard regulations today.
They build bikes with personality instead of compete with technical data on the paper.
Tbh there is really no need for competing with a few extra hp for street bikes when they are as good as they are today.
It‘s better to build packages that “speaks” to the owners, instead of being uninteresting streamlined alternatives.
Hp competition etc is naturally for race bikes though.

Cheers T2.

Thank you TeeTwo. This is very interesting information but I wonder if making the handmade production will decrease (sorry Tebax). From what I read it sounds that they will increase the number of robots ("improving efficiency and effectiveness of production lines", "factory that is more modern". Om the other hand they say that they will increse the number of employes. Workers or managers?.

Thanks.
Well, I enjoy the bike and still have the satisfaction to to drive a somewhat unique bike.

I wonder the handmade production will decrease (sorry Tebax). From what I read it sounds that they will increase the number of robots ("improving efficiency and effectiveness of production lines", "factory that is more modern". Om the other hand they say that they will increse the number of employes. Workers or managers?.

Thanks guys.

Cheers T2.

I have full respect that it’s not efficient to keep hand production when increasing the production.
But it’s cool in these days to have a handmade bike 😉
However I do wish Moto Guzzi the best trying to survive as a manufacturer in the competition and hard regulations today.
They build bikes with personality instead of compete with technical data on the paper.
Tbh there is really no need for competing with a few extra hp for street bikes when they are as good as they are today.
It‘s better to build packages that “speaks” to the owners, instead of being uninteresting streamlined alternatives.
Hp competition etc is naturally for race bikes though.

100% Tebax.

It is very cool to have anything handmade today, but yes, to compete in today's market they probably have to automate at least part of the production.
I am happy to have my first Guzzi. Probably my last bike.

Good luck.
Distrito.

Robots are a good thing. They don't drink too much wine at lunch, don't take vacations, don't get pissed at supervisors and sabotage things, and are the first to clock in every morning.

Not in my estimation. Anything that takes away the dignity of work from human beings, is detrimental to society as a whole. Call me old fashioned but that’s how I feel about automation in general.

Not in my estimation. Anything that takes away the dignity of work from human beings, is detrimental to society as a whole. Call me old fashioned but that’s how I feel about automation in general.
I work in automation, and I agree.

I want my machines to do the nasty, or very boring, repetitive work only. So long as that's the case, I think they improve that dignity.

In this case, maybe a robot that positions large components/assemblies so the human can work more easily would be good. Or positions/provides fasteners or tools. I'm imagining working on an engine, and I push a putton to spin the block around, raise and lower it to provide easy access. At the same time, a carousel style machine brings the right tools to hand. At the end, hand off the entire engine assembly to another arm that moves it into the frame so assembly continues.

Keep the people, make their job easier and better.

Just for fun, here's an image of one of my latest inventions, designed to integrate several operations and take over the drudgery of loading plastic into a folding machine:

20220627 135533

Does anybody have a list of suppliers for the Moto Guzzi factory? Would be just interested to know where the block is cast etc. and how what is the percentage made in Italy and shared with Italian marques? I imagine they try share as much resources as possible with the Aprilia and Piaggio factories

Back