• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi Service : Melbourne

davo_vespa

Just got it firing!
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a good service agent / dealer in Melbourne?

I have a 2006 Griso 850 and cannot get the smile off my face :lol: but have a big problem with starting in the cooler months. Left it with the dealer for 2 weeks last time but they still couldn't get it right. OK when bought it, never the same after the first service...

Standard except for a Termignoni muffler.

Have 3000km on the clock in 12 months (too much work and not enough play) - I assume a once a year service will be OK?

Thanks for your help,

David

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick response.

First (and so far only) service was the 1000km "by the book". Main thing I noted was that prior to the service there was a noticable "popping" on over-run from exhaust which was absent (as was good cold starting) after the first servive.

After the dealer "playing" with it for two weeks, the popping was back on over run and cold starting improved but still takes several (read 3-4) attempts to get it going in cold weather.

Probably a straightforward fix however I am not really mechanically minded - just expect those in the know to get it right when you ask (and pay) for their expertise.

Hence the question to find a recommendation for service / dealer.

Regards,

David

No idea who is good in Melboring at the moment. Sorry but unless I saw the machine there is absolutely no way I could make any sort of diagnosis or attempt at help.

The popping on the over-run is almost certainly the result of the pipe and there won't be much that can be done about it unless youi go down the blanking off the stepper route which will no doubt invalidate your warranty. The cold start issue could be the result of someone frigging about with the air bleeds or playing with the throttle stop screwm a host of things.

If you want to take a day or two to ride up here i can have a looksee but I can't gaurantee anything.

Pete

Have you been to this shop Dave?

BTW, finally got my bike sorted and dyno'd. Now producing 71hp. Don't know if it was worth the money but at least I know its running right now and is a lot smoother right across the rev range.

Thanks Makers for the "heads up".

Yes, I was aware of bikeboy from the MGOV web site but am reluctant as this is from the same dealer who couldn't sort the issue in the first place!

I visited the A1 workshop in Ringwood last week and spoke with Calvin. Seemed pretty much on the ball and the workshop looked well ordered and clean.

Does anyone have any comments on A1 and their service??

Thanks,

David

Interesting comments, I have dealt with Brad before and would consider him an excellent Tech, I purchased my MG from A1, as to why I will not return is best left at that. However one thing is for sure that businesses need to get with the times and encourage respect for each other in relation to dealer/customer. Poor customer service is very rampant in the bike industry, although finnaly we are seeing some dealerships starting to go down that line but still too many do not. You pay for your machine with a lot of hard earned dollars only to find that the service is so poor that you do not return. The winners are dealers who want their customers to be with them in a few years time.

Getting back to the tech side of things, I know of Brads business and also their is now Melbourne Moto Guzzi in Hoddle Street.
You say that your issue was not resovled, I believe their was a person on curent affair or some other program that was disatisfied with his Bennelie through A1 so perhaps they to have similar issues.

Good luck in your quest.

Beemer

I visited the A1 workshop in Ringwood last week and spoke with Calvin. Seemed pretty much on the ball and the workshop looked well ordered and clean.

Yep!

That's where my bike has been serviced from new. Calvin is a great bloke.
I'm rather dis-satisfied after two and a half years. As Beemer said, the issues are probably left alone.

Yep. Calvin is a great bloke and I'll have a beer with him anytime, but the results leave a little to be desired.

I will go back there for an occasional check up (as he is the only one I know for now) because I'm not good with the spanners and he has all the computer thingies. I would love to find a work shop who knows what they are doing.

As for Brad, I looked up his website and got his address, went down there last Monday about 10.30am, no signs of life so I left. I didn't want work done, just to look at him in the eye and talk for a minute (he did leave his card on my bike at the SBK's at the island). Moto One was in trouble for bad business practices from what I hear, I hold no ill feeling to ex staffers, and I'd like to check Brad out if he ever opens his doors.

The place in Hoddle Street sounds interesting.

When a good Tech does finally surface, I think he's going to be rather busy.

cheers

Yep!

That's where my bike has been serviced from new. Calvin is a great bloke.
I'm rather dis-satisfied after two and a half years.

Yep. Calvin is a great bloke and I'll have a beer with him anytime, but the result leave a little to be desired. Best leave it there too.

I will go back there for an occasional check up because I'm not good with the spanners and he has all the computer thingies and so far I don't know anyone else. I would love to find some one who knows what they are doing.

As for Brad, I looked up his website and got his address, went down there last Monday about 10.30am, no signs of life so I left. I didn't want work done, just to look at him in the eye and talk for a minute (he did leave his card on my bike at the SBK's at the island). Moto One was in trouble for bad business practices from what I hear, I hold no ill feeling to ex staffers, and I'd like to check Brad out if he ever opens his doors.

The place in Hoddle Street sounds interesting?

When a good Tech does finally surface, I think he's going to be rather busy.

cheers

Rob & Beemer,

Thanks for the input. Frankly, I was concerned about dealing with A1 as a friend with a Breva has been less than complimentary about the organisation...

I did visit the new dealer in Hoddle St a while ago and the mechanic was holding the fort. Had a good chat, seemd a straight up bloke. His background is with Ducati's and, in his words, "probably worked on guzzi's once a week" hence I was concerned on letting him "practice" on the Griso.

Will probably have a "cleansing ale" at the next MOGV meeting and ask for advice and in the meantime, have another chat with the mechanic in Hoddle Street.

Will let you know how I go,

David

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with "Italian Motorcylce Engineering" in Upwey.
I met one fellow with a mid 90's Cali who goes there because he got sick of the dealers. He's very happy.
I also met another fellow who said getting them to do the work is difficult.

Can anybody add anything. I'd go down there but it's a bit of a journey for me. I will if I have too.

I checked the web page for Brad the Bike Boy, and I got the impression he was open. When I went passed one mid Monday morning the place was shut tight. I don't want a repeat. I don't think you can make a decent appraisal over the phone.

Robert

My understanding is that Barry of IME no longer runs his business as such. He is now a TAFE teacher and only services and repairs for his existing loyal regulars.

If you can get him to do the work for you then I have only ever heard glowing reports. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up though.

Morizzi wrote:
My understanding is that Barry of IME no longer runs his business as such. He is now a TAFE teacher and only services and repairs for his existing loyal regulars.

If you can get him to do the work for you then I have only ever heard glowing reports. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up though.

I just had a ride with a friend who said the same thing. Bugger.

Just had my Bellagio serviced by Brad the Bike Boy, excellent and friendly service. Has the right stuff!

how does the bike run now?
was it a basic service or
were there issues he needed to look at? if so, are they fixed?

pardon all the questions, but I've had trouble in the past and am weary of nice people who can't deliver.

I have heard just the other day that if Brad himself does the work, it will be OK

cheers

Robert

It was an unscheduled 4000km service. Brad picked up immediatly that tappets needed adjusting (they were so far out you could hear the rattles before you saw the bike coming!) Also adjusted fuel balance, bike now runs sweeter than ever.

He had stocks of gaskets, correct special tools and obviously had worked on Guzzis before. He impressed me with his knowledge of the engine, his completness with the service and willingness to share his knowledge.

It's a new business, don't know if anyone else works for him or not. I liked the fact that he didn't mind me watching, hate having to leave a bike to whatever workshop monkey gets assigned and not knowing whats done. I'll be back to Brad next time around.

Good afternoon All,

Got the Griso serviced yesterday by the dealer in Hoddle Street. Nothing major, just an oil change / filter etc.

No complaints. Graeme is quite laid back but well aware of the product and what was required. I liked his practical approach - he didn't push unnecessay service items. He also fitted the power lead for the GPS - neatly done.

I have a leaking shaft drive at one of the clips that hold the brake line / speedo cable - Graeme has taken details and will submit to the distributor for appoval - will be interesting to see how long this takes.

Overall, thumbs up.

David

Back