• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Muffler question

Tobor

Tuned and Synch'ed
I want to upgrade the mufflers on my 2013 V7R. I have narrowed it down to either Mistral or Agostini. My dealer is steering me towards Mistral as he knows a remap is not required. I prefer the sound of the Agostini muffler.

Does anyone (Todd) know if a remap is required with the Agostini muffler?

Would really like to hear from anyone who has taken this trip already :) !

Thanks boys...hope that this has not already been covered somewhere else on the site.

T

Actually, it's the Arrow mufflers that don't "require" mapping revisions, but do know that the engine really does need map revisions, even bone stock. Both the Mistral and Agos benefit from map revisions, with or without db-killers.

I should have my GT-Rx® reverse cone mufflers ready for shipping in the next week or so for $599/pr. - There's no option for db-killers, but the sound is quite stellar.

I have done a few local re-maps on V7's with great success. One was posted here; http://guzzitech.com/forum/235?p=90356#p90356 - has the Mistral slip-ons with db-killers removed.

Thanks for getting back Todd !

I didn't know that I was opening a can of worms with this idea and don't know what is involved in a remap. Can you explain ? I have asked my local dealer if he can do the job if I decide to go forward.

I have no idea what I am getting myself into....but sure like the sound of the aftermarket mufflers......

Todd

Tobor said:
Thanks for getting back Todd ! I didn't know that I was opening a can of worms with this idea and don't know what is involved in a remap. Can you explain ? I have asked my local dealer if he can do the job if I decide to go forward. I have no idea what I am getting myself into....but sure like the sound of the aftermarket mufflers...
So most dealers will install aftermarket mufflers, and tell you that all is OK. Unlike most other performance motorcycle dealers, Guzzi doesn't offer any map updates as it is typically illegal (and Guzzi doesn't offer any period). What would be required, is for you to send me your ECU for remapping, and I send it back. You will need to reset the TPS immediately afterwards before it is run.
You might see some posts or get a PM you about some other means to do this, but I am likely the only person to have built the map on actual air/fuel data, and not blind stabs or seat of pants mods (which is essentially sticking your head in the sand based on feel, not facts). Not sure why anyone would choose this on an expensive machine. I have spent over 13 years now perfecting >THIS<, and all I can add is my mods work very well, else I wouldn't offer them.

Feel free to contact me direct for more info; Todd at GuzziTech.com

The new GT-Rx® V7 Megs as shown below will be available early next week. I'll have exactly two sets of the low and high mounts, as shown below. Full stainless steel and SS packing. Lifetime guarantee for workmanship.
Click the pic below to purchase, or see the Store tab above, direct HERE.
Next up 2-2 SS headers & full 2-1.

Those look a lot like the Zard's.
Speaking of which, I ordered Zard's direct from Italy when I got my V7R last summer (I didn't know about GuzziTech at the time).
I ordered the racing version but due to production delays they contacted me and substituted the street legal version.
I was told no ECU change was necessary.
I haven't tried pulling the DB killers yet.
I'm wondering if anyone (Todd?) knows if the DB killer is the only difference or are there other differences between the racing version and street verson? Can I pull the DB killer without needing ECU changes?

As far as I know is the only difference is the db killer. I run mine without and it is not overly loud. I went with the full version with the headers. With the db killer out it made lots of popping during deceleration and with the db killer in it muffled it. I sent my ECU to Todd and the popping is pretty much is all gone and the bike is much more enjoyable to drive.

The street versions have cat-cons, so they are more similar to the stock mufflers. You can certainly remove the db-killers for more sound/flow, but I always recommend fueling mods, even on a completely stock bike.
My new mufflers will not be offered with a db-killer, and are of the highest quality construction (slightly better then Zard), which I also will continue to offer here.

Back