• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Must do mods for Griso owners!

Mi_ka said:
So Grisos are free of any CARC preload and fractured oil pump mess? These happened only on early Norges?

Yup. In '07 the Grisos started to get the gerotor type oil pump rather than the old spur gear one but I have not heard of any failures with the Gerotor type pumps in the G's even though it is the same part.

Very early, '06 Breva 11's and Grisos had the crappy FET bearing in the CARC that was addressed by the recall. The pinnion bearing preload nut is another issue that I have ONLY seen and heard about on early Norges. Why this should be so I don't know? All I can imagine is that there must of been a novice on the assembley line for a short period of time and he was doing 'On the Job' training :roll: .

Pete

Wow,
You guys must ride hard. With my unmodified Griso I would't put fuel in it til it went at least 150 miles on my trip to Nova Scotia. Even with Todd's PC-V/AT & Gt-Rx pipe it still gets better than 120 miles on a tank. As far as modifications....

Pastrana FMX handlbars
GT-Rx ECU/PC-V/AT (which turns it into another machine)
Gt-Rx pipe
Had to put some sealant on the back of the seed sensor to keep water out
Fuel Pump had to be replaced
They replaced the dash under warranty, but it wasn't needed because the speed sensor was the cause of the fault
Replaced the Y pipe under warranty because of a crack
Still looking for a more comfortable seat & maybe some new mirrors....

Hmm, maybe I need to check my Y pipe to see if thats cracked. Might explain poor fuelling and miserable power output at low revs.

When I got my Griso home, I gave it a good dose of looking at. I thought that the criminally exposed rear shock absorber was a prime candidate for road rash. As I didn't like the look of any of the aftermarket huggers, I looked for another solution. Enter the "Shock Sock". This neat piece of kit wraps around the shock, and fastens together via a full length strip of velcro. It is made from a durable, double layer synthetic fabric, which appears to be durable. When I've done a few miles in miserable weather, I'll post a report! :whistle:

:idea: Another prime candidate for corrosion seems to be the 4 rocker cover bolts, on each head. Mine were skanky when I got the bike, with a measly 2500 dry miles on the clock. After a fruitless search for stainless alternatives, a DIY solution was hatched. I decided to paint them. I took them off and, using wet and dry, rubbed the OEM rubbish zinc plating off. Then, using two parallel pieces of 4x2 wood as a support, I sprayed them with 6 coats of quick drying primer, allowing 2 hours between coats. This was folowed by 6 coats of acrylic satin black. After 24 hours in my warm attic, they looked superb. Using a brand new allen key socket, I installed them carefully, tightening them to 7Nm. The paint didn't flake, and if it had I would have touched it up with a tiny brush. They look very smart indeed, but if anyone knows where I could get stainless ones from, please let me know. Lord knows why the factory uses such poor quality ones.

The first thing i did was making the aluminium parts like the throttle boddy's and other corrosion sensitive parts resist the weather. I took some chain lube on a cloth and went all around the bike. No white or brown spots on my bike after 2 years.

mickyvee_2010 said:
When I got my Griso home, I gave it a good dose of looking at. I thought that the criminally exposed rear shock absorber was a prime candidate for road rash. As I didn't like the look of any of the aftermarket huggers, I looked for another solution. Enter the "Shock Sock". This neat piece of kit wraps around the shock, and fastens together via a full length strip of velcro. It is made from a durable, double layer synthetic fabric, which appears to be durable. When I've done a few miles in miserable weather, I'll post a report! :whistle:

I had one made by Traxxion on my G11 for about 2 years until I bought the rear hugger.
It stayed on thru all miserable weather.

Not a must but the fender extender saves a lot of grief in cleaning.

fenderextender.jpg

where can those be had? I looked on the 'streetfighters by design' website, because I read somewhere that they are the USA dealer for Pyramid products, but found nothing.

has anyone bought a tire hugger for their griso?
I've found only three models, the Stucchi carbon fiber model offered on MGcycle (which is designed well and looks good, though I'd rather pay less for non-CF), a rather ugly Skidmarx model offered on the 'streetfighters by design' website and a Pyramid model shown on their website, but it's listed as special-order/pre-order(?). I'll be sending Pyramid a message to find out more.

The Mad Hatta! said:
has anyone bought a tire hugger for their griso?
I've found only three models, the Stucchi carbon fiber model offered on MGcycle (which is designed well and looks good, though I'd rather pay less for non-CF), a rather ugly Skidmarx model offered on the 'streetfighters by design' website and a Pyramid model shown on their website, but it's listed as special-order/pre-order(?). I'll be sending Pyramid a message to find out more.

I bought a black one from skidmarx. I was kind of flimsy, and I didn't notice it much when it was on. If not installed properly, they will flex and hit on the rear tire.

Attachments

• grisors-3.jpg
    grisors-3.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 912
Mad

I picked up a rear hugger for my Griso through WEMOTO in England.
I think it might be a Skidmarx one but was significantly cheaper buying through WEMOTO than it was from any other source. I like the look of it on the bike, it is a fibreglass version (thought the Carbon one was a bit pricey for what I could justify) but I guess it is a matter of personal taste.
Simple to instal and will only take a couple of minutes to remove if I need to do so for maintenance. Mine seems quite robust and it just took a a bit of adjustment to line it up correctly so I had adequte clearance and was correctly secured.
It has kept all of the crap of the suspension on a couple of recent wet and and dirt road rides so it has been a good investment from my point of view.
I contacted Ralph Schuring [ralph.s@wemoto.com] who was prompt in replying and was very helpful. He advised that they didn't have any in stock and would have to get one made. It took about 2 and 1/2 weeks from order to delivery at my place which I thought was pretty good service from England to Australia.

Mark

mickyvee_2010 said:

Which size one did you get? 8 or 9" diameter?

Cheers.

I find an absolute 'Must Do' is wearing my underpants on my head when I go to the pub and I know that there will be flocks of Gay Pirates there. Works a treat. None of them want to talk to me! Brilliant!!!!

Pete

GuzziHero said:
mickyvee_2010 said:

Which size one did you get? 8 or 9" diameter?

Cheers.
The measurement refers to the length of the shock, not the diameter. The one you need is 8". It takes about 5 minutes to fit. You need small hands!

:D You need to google "Shocksock" and then look at "Traxxion Dynamics" page. You will then find a list of shocksocks of different lengths. You need the 8" one.

Back