• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My 1st gearbox and transmission oil change.

guzzlergreg said:
Glad to learn that rear wheel bearing failures are a thing of the past. I guess I must have been plain unlucky to have a bike on which the bearing was replaced pre-delivery; then collapsed at 14,500 km & was replaced under warranty only after a long & tedious wrangle with the Austalian importer; then the seal had to be replaced at 26,700. Hence my concern with that end of the bike. Pleased to report the last 33,000 kms have been uneventful.
But I note that a friend who's riding a "new" 2006 Breva in the US at the moment has just gone thru the replacement hassle - so there's still a few of those crappy bearings out there slowly clocking up the miles till judgement day.

Greg, do you know that the bearing was replaced pre-delivery? We do know that a few of the crappy FEIT bearings were outside of the recall range & have in due corse failed-or will likely fail. I presume that is the story with the "new" 2006 Breva you refer to-unless the bike in question was actually in the recall range but never actually had the work done. From what I have read here any of the old bearings that have turned up in a failed CARC have ultimately been warranteed whether or not the bike was officially still under warranty or officially the subject of recall, albeit in some cases after a hassle.

Pete, your customer's bike did have the old crappy bearing, right? Do you have easy access to the actual recall range? Seems to me it was published here at some point. Also Pete, all the CARC bearing failures you have seen were the FEIT bearing, right-or not?

My last post:
I bought my first new Italian bike in 1969. I've lived with the idiosyncracies of Ducati, Laverda & Guzzi ever since, & having ridden them extensively in Europe, USA & Australia, I've had the best & worst experiences with importers & dealers. I've made all manner of allowances for the marques over the years, but I have a pretty firm line on my expectations of dealers who sell me the goods coated in sales gloss & then fail to deliver when I need service.
When I say a bearing was replaced pre-delivery, I know it was replaced pre-delivery.
And I know a bit about pork chops. I bred pigs. I know a bore when I see one.

bit of a late reply here too :)
pete roper said:
Errrr. OK. Perhaps it has something to do with attitude.

Could well be, the attitude of ONE of the guys at JSG.

I’m a pretty patient guy. My Sport is in this week finally getting the exhaust replaced that was claimed under warranty in November 09. Some of that delay is my fault. I’ve been injured and unable to ride for a few weeks during that time. Some of that is basically act of god (service agent in town went broke) But some of it is lack of help from that person I mentioned. I distinctly got the impression that he wasn’t willing to do more than the bare minimum of putting in a claim and waiting. Perhaps he was doing his best, we all know the stories about what Guzzi is like with parts. But it didn’t feel like he was trying. I use to be in sales and I hate it when customers carry on, but even I was starting to get pretty upset by the end, and I hate having to do that. Plus I’ve heard others having the same issue with that person.

However I am very happy with the backup and support from JSG, especially Ben Maike who has bent over backwards to help me. Awesome customer service and from what I hear on the net Guzzi really do go above and beyond on backing up their warranty eg they took so long to replace my clutch cover that they ended up having to replace the entire master cylinder (a tiny spot of paint was just starting to come off) but they did the warranty claim, no hassles! So that’s getting fixed now too..... I'm sort of surprised they manage to make money on Guzzi’s

Back