• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My helmet after I crashed last year

Scottcc

Tuned and Synch'ed
Thought I would share this picture. I didn't realize my helmet took such a hit until I inspected the damage. I am still recovering from a broken ankle. I wrecked my supermoto style Suzuki, the rear tire blew out on a curve. I jumped before the bike slammed a guard rail.
photobucket-24700-1340761259164.jpg

It was a weird accident, when the tire blew my bike wanted to straighten upright. I was turning right into a curve (right drive in US) so I crossed the oncoming lane giving me time to react. I am grateful a car wasn't coming.

Thank goodness you had a full-face lid.
Good luck with your ankle injury, they hurt a lot but not as much as an abbreviated nose and lower mandible.

Cheers,

Good luck with the ankle. Yup, why I have always worn FF helmet. I had 2 'experienced' helmets as evidence of good saves. So your get-off was the better choice I gather? I was taught to stay with the bike in all crash situations.

Well I know that jumping caused my ankle injury so it might have been the wrong reaction. I tried to save the bike but gave up when the bike got into the graveled shoulder. I had no more front brake and with the rear tire down I could not lean the bike. I wish I had that day back.
It was a fun curvy rode I (used to) like, I went thru the first 3 curves no sign of a tire going down, but the curve I lost on was almost a 180* switchback but wide. I was about 1/3 into it and Started to lean harder, then my bike wanted to upright itself, I braked until the gravels and from there had no control. I jumped to my right and skidded on the very edge of the road. The bike slammed the rail totaling it. I question my decision, if I sayed on maybe I could have saved the bike and my ankle or maybe I would be worst off hitting the rail. I was going 25-30mph the road was downhill so that didn't help. Glad I was also wearing a crash jacket and gloves.

I can give you another crashed helmet

The bike:

P1000405.jpg

The helmet:

P1000443.jpg

Outcome; a broken finger and some bruishes.

ATGATT, it was.

Back