• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My LM3 is here, and why it needs a new footpeg mount

Series4

Cruisin' Guzzisti
The LM3 I bought in the UK and rode around France and Italy in September (as seen in my avatar, pictured on Lake Como near Mandello) arrived here Monday week ago. Hooray! I already had appointments for inspections and registration, all was going well and I was looking forward to summer fun. Until I took a final test ride Thursday last week prior to the roadworthy inspection the next day. A few km in and I was going very easy around a roundabout, no more than 10kmh, when the new front tyre washed out and I hit the deck.

The RH cylinder head guard did its job very well

and the bike is largely undamaged apart from a bent badge

scrapes on the nice new stainless muffler, bent brake lever and the broken footpeg hanger. If anyone has a spare to sell please let me know.

And the timing bung came out of the bell housing. When one of my rescuers mentioned it I first thought the gearbox filler plug had been torn out!
I don't know why the front washed out, there were no obvious fluid spills but the roundabout is near a busy bus station so maybe some residue had come to the surface in the warmth of the afternoon.

Here's the grim part. I didn't have a scratch or a bruise from the fall but my collarbone took the full force of the impact and broke in two places, leading to an overlap and a large floating fragment.

So, there's summer gone! I'll be out of action for eight weeks at best. I reckon had I been going faster I might still have got off but I'd have skidded and not had such a heavy fall. Who knows, it could've been a lot worse.

Also big ups to the ambulance and hospital emergency. Rapid response, no fuss and instant morphine from the amboes (state-owned service) and almost no waiting at the Alfred emergency. And it's all covered under our compulsury insurance. I'll never grumble about premiums again.

At least I won't have to do Christmas dishes!

Attachments

• PC240434.JPG
    PC240434.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 279
  • PC240435.JPG
    PC240435.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 279
  • PC240436.JPG
    PC240436.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 279
  • PC240437.JPG
    PC240437.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Fracture.tiff
    80.5 KB · Views: 279
Glad your allright ........but sorry to hear about the bike.

Have a good recovery.
Look at the bright side ..... the family is at your service. ;)

Original LMIII footrest hangers are like rocking horse shit. You might be able to get one from one of the wreckers in the USA but it's probably unlikely you'll get one here. Probably cheaper in the long run to use the 'Good' one as a template and get a pair of them machined from billet.

I'll havve a look in the 'Mountain of Munt' but I'm pretty sure i dodn't have anything.

Pete

Guys, thanks. I nothing turns up I'll quarantine the survivor and fit rearsets. If found a few LHS brackets but no RHS.

Can someone peel me another grape?
P

Back