• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need advice! seat height dilemma between V7 and V7II

you gotta quit reading specs!
I have 29" inseam and on my 2015 I have an inch thick gel pad on top of the seat to get my old worn out hip in the needed alignment. Height is no problem on it or the 2017 I also own. You will be fine.
my cousin is a new rider with a 27" inseam and he has no trouble with the V7 either.

(Bolded) Indeed! :)

I have both the Racer's monoposto saddle and the standard Gel Comfort Saddle from Guzzi for my bike. I use the latter for traveling, although honestly I find the monoposto saddle more comfy (I use the passenger section of the dual seat for my travel bag). It's a little taller, and I have NO problem flatfooting the bike with a bent knee at stop lights. I have a 29" inseam.

Thanks Timmy for photo, it helps to get a good perspective. I’m also astonished by how much ground clearance there is underneath the engine, i think its even more than my CRF250L. I like that small screen and the beautiful red colour your bike is really sweet, i thinks yours is also the early stone models so its not a version 2.

Yes you might be right that you dont always need to fully flat foot both legs, in fact on my CRF i never flat footed but consider also that its a 145kg wet. So its fairly more light than the V7 even if i might not flat foot the V7 on a nice flat road i wont have such a big problem but in my country the roads can become very unpredictable, lol even when i had my cb500f which i could fully flat foot it i also managed to drop it.

As i sad before, according to cycle-ergo website i am able to flat foot even the early v7 models but i’m not fully sure because i never sit on one. The closest that i tried is a 2017 triumph scrambler which has a 31.1 seat height.

One guy was very kind enough to let me sit on his bike to try the seat height, ha also had indtalled a bench seat on his triumph so actually the seat was a bit higher, but i was flat footing with a slight bend on my legs.

If i only knew someone that has a v7 which i could try life would be much easier.

if you worry about dropping it off road, put on the crashbar. It helps some but won't save you from speed drop...but helps with parking lot/slow speed.

My friend who was riding the GS is a bit taller than I am...believe he is 31 inseam. He was ALMOST able to flatfoot with his offroad boots...think he was wearing Sidi?...

Either way, I learned to ride on a CRF250 which is EVEN HIGHER...granted, it is a lot light than V7 but I was not flatfoot...not even tippy toe most of the time...ALMOST no issue...not able to touch the ground was a one hella experience...

Really tho, if you can go for a test ride, do it and you will see all your worries will disapear REALLY FAST

As for the ground clearance, ya, surprised the hell outta me once time when I went over a 2 x 4 that dropped of a truck in front of me...that was scary but thankfully nothing was damaged.

The big thing with the V7's is how wide the seat is. that always surprises me. I would be able to flat foot the regular seat (I think) if it was just a tad narrower.

I forgot about the seat width issue...

Or perhaps I never thought the V7 seat was obnoxiously wide, but I did notice that the BAAK seat is slightly narrower, and it does make getting one's legs straight down a bit easier.

Next time we meet up for a ride I can swap seats with you - or you can at least sit on my bike to see what you think of the narrower BAAK seat.

Back