• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Neutral sensor R.I.P. ??

Brevabrabo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I had a sunny B) 500 km ride today to Zeeland (Kiwi country is named after this Dutch province BTW). When I stopped to fill up after 420 km, the neutral light didn't light up when I put it into neutral.
The gearbox was in neutral and when I put out the sidestand the engine stopped like it was in gear.
Then I turned the key off and on again to check if the warninglight would light up together with the other control lights and it did.

When I came home I checked it another time, but the neutral light stays out when switched into neutral. Normally it also flashes up shortly when shifting from first to second gear and back passing neutral, but now it doesn't flash either. there are no ECU or dashboard errors in the computer and can't notice any other abnormal things. So my guess is a broken neutral sensor but I'm no mechanic. Somebody had the same problem? Thanks for answering.

Ciao Dolf.

A few had it on 750 Brevas; check the smallblock forum, GwenSP asked, Nutman answered.

Thanks Holt found it. Just was curious if I came to the right conclusion. It's still under warranty and before I'm on my way to Norway I get some new tyres, so it can be replaced at the same time.

Mine's gone too mate. It's not a massive problem, more of a slight niggle. My plan is to replace it when I do the bikes next service, I've got to change the oil sensor too.

There was a recall (in the UK at least) on the neutral sensor. Mine packed in on the day I collected the bike (brand new) it wasnt really a problem Just that you had to keep the clutch in when Idling It was replaced at first service
Oil sensor went at 12000 miles again no real issues replaced under warranty

Yesterday I started my bike after a week and the neutral sensor worked again. Didn't touch anything. :S

(Just told her that she gets new tyres soon if she behaves :p )

Back