• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Nevada 2009

motoguzziman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hi friends,
I know we had a rest in Kanab, but, we are very, very tired again. Maybe it's the heat, or the altitude - 6,000 to 10,000 feet. Maybe it's the shite diet - donuts on the fly. Maybe we are just getting older. Perhaps it's the changing time zones on a, nearly, daily basis. Whatever. The bottom line is we are feeling exhausted yet again.

Yesterday, we last filled up in a tiny town in Nevada - Panaca. The next town, Caliente - no gas. Next town, Crystal Springs; no gas (no town). As we turned into Highway 375 - the 'Extraterrestrial Highway, we had 58 miles on the clock. A sign warned, 'No Gas For Next 150 Miles'.
Gulp. We did, however, have a container with 1 US Gal of fuel and we had worked out we should be ok.

It was still worrying. We made it to Rachel (40+ miles along the ET Highway) by 6pm our time - but 5pm Nevada time. Had an 'Alien Burger' (Rachel is right next to Area 51 and a sort of UFO capital).

Booked into a room (trailer-in-the-desert) and filled the bike up with the can of gas.

It was an incredible night-sky; only mid-ocean do you see such a sky. Saturn and Mars clearly visible. And the silence - except for us; the bike had been very hot in the desert and the night was very cold. The contracting metal somehow kept setting the alarm off. Hence, little sleep for us and possibly, Rachel and all their aliens.

Anyhow, today (up at 5am) we continued on HW 375. I have to say, this was the loneliest road we have ever experienced. We were on pins for the whole ride - would the fuel last? We had 110 miles to ride (with 90-odd miles gone from the tank already)

We made it into Tonopah (110 miles north of Rachel) with the low fuel light on. Filled up + extra in canister. Then breakfast.

Highway 376 the 'Great Smoky Valley' had roads just as unending, just as straight, just as dusty; but occasionally, we saw another vehicle.

Then we turned east on HW 50. ' The Loneliest Road In America'.

Yes, it was quiet. It wasn't anywhere near, no-how as lonely as the ET Highway. And the distances between towns were shorter.

So, sorry friends. Here are some photos and I promise to do better in future.

Oh yes; we took a tumble. Pulling in to a Historic Marker, the gravel was a lot deeper than it looked. Mgman burnt a hole in the leg of his trousers and I twisted my ankle and shoulder a bit. But all fine.

DSC_3267.jpg

DSC_3285.jpg

DSC_3339.jpg

DSC_3333.jpg

DSC_3342.jpg

DSC_3394.jpg

DSC_3477.jpg

DSC_3415.jpg

DSC_3519.jpg

DSC_3535.jpg

DSC_3528.jpg

DSC_3540.jpg

DSC_3544.jpg

DSC_3547.jpg

DSC_3545.jpg

DSC_3567.jpg

DSC_3570.jpg

DSC_3609.jpg

DSC_3622.jpg

And, finally, Eureka - on HW 50: The Loneliest Road In America.

Goodnight friends

DSC_3629.jpg

Sleep tight! Great pics but what's with the Breva having a sleep - come on fess up!

Thanks for the post. For me, this pic says it all.

DSC_3535.jpg

Glad you enjoyed our weird state of Nevada!!!

The pics remind me of an exchange on a forum some years back where someone from the East coast disputed our mention of cruising at 100+ mph.

Uh, Yes well We cannot speak of 100+ Mph, because with all the baggage and two of us on the poor 750, our top speed is about 80-88 Mph.

As regards the sleeping bike, well I pulled over, to read one of the miriad of "Historical Marker" boards,that one encounters throughout America, and the Pea sized gravel, was not just surface stuff.
No it was about 10 cm deep.
I stopped,and as Christine tried to get off, the whole bike slid sideways like it was on marbles.
I couldnt hold it, my boots slid accordingly,and slowly, she went over.
We were lucky, that as it happened, a pick up was driving by, and the driver pulled over and helped us right the bike.
The Crash bars, along with the side bags, prevented any part of the bike from getting broke !
Also, as said, we were stopped, as it slowly went over.
Sometimes, You get lucky!

From now on, any Historical marker, is scrutinized before entering.

You All Take Care Out There, OK ??

Back