• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

nevada drive sharft rattle

caznpete66

Just got it firing!
Can anybody give me an idea as t o why now that after my nevada has come back from getting the barrels sealed ,there is now a rattle/vibration that seems to come from the drive sharft/gearbox region of the bike.It only seems to rattle when you rev the engine at around 2000rpm ,and if you put you hand on the rear drive housing you can feel it vibrate from what seems the sharft housing to the gearbox,it is a 2008 model ,seems t o me ive spent so much to get it running right ,but nothing is working ,please help b4 i burn it ,yours Peter

caznpete66 said:
Can anybody give me an idea as t o why now that after my nevada has come back from getting the barrels sealed ,there is now a rattle/vibration that seems to come from the drive sharft/gearbox region of the bike.It only seems to rattle when you rev the engine at around 2000rpm ,and if you put you hand on the rear drive housing you can feel it vibrate from what seems the sharft housing to the gearbox,it is a 2008 model ,seems t o me ive spent so much to get it running right ,but nothing is working ,please help b4 i burn it ,yours Peter

2000 RPM is pretty low. Does it only do it in neutral or under load? It won't be happy under load at only 2000 RPM.

nola as i stated its only when bike is at idel ,have been told it could be because the throttle bodies need sychoring again ?

caznpete66 said:
nola as i stated its only when bike is at idel ,have been told it could be because the throttle bodies need sychoring again ?

Since the throttle bodies would have been removed and replaced in the process of resealing the barrels, it's a good bet that they are now out of balance. I'm planning this task myself over the next few weeks because I have similar symptoms, but hopefully if your bike is still under warranty you can persuade the dealership to do it. In fact even if it's not, the dealership should have balanced the throttle bodies when they refitted them as part of the job.

Don't forget the easy things too; sometimes a piece hitting the exhaust will masquerade as clutch/tranny noise. The two parts may rub, and resonate at 2k rpm, so that's where the noise appears.

Check your exhaust system for anything that may be hitting it. My memory may be off, but I think a sidestand bolt is a common culprit for smallblocks.

Joe

My breva makes noises too at idle. They differ when on the side stand, center stand, or with me holding the bike up. If there is an air leak you can get a big vibration. Since the TB's were off recently I'd check all three of the clamps on the throttle body air intakes to make sure they are tight and that the hoses are seated correctly. Also it could be a balance problem. Neither should be too hard, or expensive to resolve.
Here is a link on how to balance the TB's on a smallblock guzzi.
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi_tra ... deo/d3.mov

Good luck.

Back