• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New 2010 Griso 8V!

V11Tony

Just got it firing!
Hello All,
First time posting here. I have a new 2010 Griso 8V that I got just a few days ago. Very nice bike. Seems to be much more nimble and faster than my V11. Runs great and strong.

It has a Staintune slip on and that looks really nice as it is stainless steel like the rest of the exhaust system.

Now I need to get a tank bag and a small wind screan for it. Any Suggestions?

I am having a hard time posting pictures but will keep trying. Sorry.

Tony C

Congratulations on the new bike.
if you really have to ugly up such a beautiful looking bike as the Griso the MG small tinted fly screen is a pretty good choice and does a reasonable job.
As for tank bags i have a couple of Kriega bags with a harness system that lets them double up as tank bags as well as being able to use them as a standard tail pack messenger bag ETC

http://www.kriega.com/

Congrats! Ride safe but have fun. You threw that exhaust on as soon as you got the bike?

Hi All,
Here's my Griso.

More HERE.

Thanks for the suggestions on the bags. I am not sure why putting a screan on the bike will "ugly it up". :?
I have seen a Griso with a screan and it looked pretty nice.

I had the dealer install the Staintune before I took delivery of the bike. Very nice looking piece. Sounds good too.
Tony C

Attachments

• V11TonyG8V.jpg
    V11TonyG8V.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 632
Beautiful motorcycle! I have a red one on layaway so seeing your photos make me feel good about getting a Griso.

Can I make a suggestion? The best mod that you can make on that motorcycle is also free.. ...remove those ugly stickers from the gas tank! And how about canning the reflectors, too? What a difference it makes to clean things up a bit!

Congratulations and enjoy!

Yes, I will definately get rid of the stickers. And the reflectors as well. Have not yet had a chance to do all that.

But you will certainly enjoy it. At first I thought that I wanted a White one but the red is really spectactular. :D
Tony

Very nice,.............I picked up a new 09 Griso in Aug. (black) and love it . The first time I posted here after joining this group I was told about a couple of things to be aware of. I don't know if they apply to the 2010 models but good to be aware just in case.
The speedo sensor and instrument panel have quirks .
This info. from GuzziHero just as he wrote it to me in response to my first joining up, (thanks again) . Better yet read his post on my entry Sept 01 New Nervous Griso Owner for details in dealing with these issues.
I'm researching windscreens as well and kinda like the Givi A770 but the small Griso screen is sharp, just don't know how tired I'd be after a long day behind it. Anyway, my ride is put away for the winter so can only dream for a while until the weather improves.
This is a great site with wisdom and craziness beyond your wildest dreams (nightmares) . :lol:

Cheers and happy trails,

Steve

Any tips on getting stickers off the tank. I tried wd40, heat gun and a bit of finger nail. No luck.
Refflectors were the first thing I did to the bike cheap bicycle looking things.

I am not sure why putting a screan on the bike will "ugly it up".

vive la différence ;)

Pretty sure mine came off with a heat gun. Cleaned up the residue with some 3M adhesive remover. Be carefull, they're right there where you'll see it if you scratch the tank.

I also just got a 2010 Red Griso 8v. I took the stickers off with a hair dryer. Just get them nice and hot and start peeling.

I installed the Mistral slip on, and ran it with the baffel in and out. Mine ran better with the baffel in.

I bought the Givi 770 windscreen. I just painted it red and hope to install shortly.

I didn't buy a tank bag. For me, the tank is too pretty to cover. I went with a Coretech tail bag, and hope to buy the HB C-Bow rack and bags.

Good luck and ride safe.

grimace said:
Any tips on getting stickers off the tank. I tried wd40, heat gun and a bit of finger nail. No luck.
Refflectors were the first thing I did to the bike cheap bicycle looking things.

Be careful what you use, my old white '09 griso had yellow marks around where the stickers used to be that had penetrated into the plastic. I think it was probably some spilled gas that soaked the stickers and bled their color off into the plastic. It might've been that the previous dealership left the bike out in the sun or something too; I'm not really sure.

The gas tank is plastic not metal so keep that in mind when you choose chemicals to help pull the stickers off. On my current bike I had good luck with a hot blow dryer and some patience, but it also has a metal gas tank so I'm not sure.

I have the large griso MG tankbag and it's big! And fairly ugly but for longer trips it's nice to have more room. The large bag is easy to take on and off for gas stops (it uses a zipper onto a base which is then held down in 4 points by straps with wide plastic hooks). Removing the base from the bike takes about 1 minute, less to attach.

I've always had good luck using a hair dryer to remove the unwanted stickers from new motorcycles. I use the hair dryer until the sticker gets soft and starts to peel easily, then remove the remaining residue with WD 40. But my Norge wasn't so easy. I had a real tough time removing stickers from my Norge and I probably removed more skin from my fingers than I removed stickers! I suspect that the Moto Guzzi stickers are different than those on other motorcycles and might require a different approach. Does anybody have a better way?

V11Tony said:
Hi All,
Here's my Griso.

More HERE.

Thanks for the suggestions on the bags. I am not sure why putting a screan on the bike will "ugly it up". :?

I had the dealer install the Staintune before I took delivery of the bike. Very nice looking piece. Sounds good too.
Tony C

Tony,

I can't get over how nice your new bike looks. Man, that thing sparkles! Did you polish the exhaust pipes?

A couple other questions: Does that Staintune muffler have a DB killer in it? Are you running it with the stock ECU? if so, how is it running?

I have not polished anything yet. I plan on putting some wax on the paint and cleaning things up somemore this weekend. The headers have not been polished by me yet, that is the way I picked it up.

Currently she is running the stock ECU; the Staintune comes with a baffle/db killer but that is not on there. Seems to run fine, a little surge at low constant throttle openings but nothing really that is a problem. It sounds really nice and not too loud. I am not into loud at all.
I can not detect any pinging, but it has been pretty cold out. I plan on riding it and seeing how things go. Then take it from there. I will see if I need a PC later on. I will try to avoid the Power Commander thing as much as I can, especially since I live in California. But will see...
Tony

V11Tony said:
I will try to avoid the Power Commander thing as much as I can, especially since I live in California.
Why so?

I am concerned about the smog implications here in California. There is pending legislation to require smog checks on bikes.
The bike runs good now, and I will wait and see what happens. As it is I would have to put the stock pipe back on to meet smog if there were a check.
Tony C

Back