• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

new Breva 11 in S'toon

sn0winSaskatoon

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi there - new to this site. Just bought a Breva V1100 - had rented one in italy in '07 and found a red left over 2007 Breva at a dealer in Regina and got it for a good price. Now I just have to wait for spring.

So are there any obvious first-thing mods I should make?? What do folks do with the exhaust? With my KTM it was easy and obvious and I just bought an Akro can for it. But MG seems to be a little harder to get info for...

I assume the Calif. Evap. Cannister should go - any reason NOT to pitch it? This is my first EFI bike, so is there anything high-tech and scary about removing it or do I just plug where all the hoses are attached.

much thanks for any info

Ian

G'Day Ian, Welcome to the forum or Guzziland as we affectionately call it in our house. Nice choice getting a B, the second new one on the board in as many days - Congrats!

Breva's rule OK

Now to work.....

Exhaust info CLICK HERE

The state of play with Breva exhaust is you can do anything you like to them without re-tuning, replace the cat with a crossover and the exhaust with a more free flowing one and the sound is like a viola being sawn in half by a skilled violator doing the nutcracker - just awsome!

But the current wisdom is do not touch the air box, although others have done so there is evidence form a skilled tuner here in Oz that to do so risks lean engine damage.. Fix is on the way though, as soon as the Power Commander V is released sometime very soon all hell will break loose and the B's will become fire breathing monsters but with a song to match the awesome sound and the throttle response will be as smooth as a baby's bum....

EVAP canister - yep chuck it. There have been a lot of instructional threads about this on the old incarnation of the board, just had a look and it looks like it's gone forever now, so someone else will have to chime in as Aussie bikes don't have a canister :silly:

Post often - the board is your friend, and lots of tech heads here to answer questions but do use the search, it actually works... ;)

Hi Ian
you have made a good choice of bike, my 05 B11 is also my first EFI guzzi, but don't let it worry you the injection takes care of itself!
The mods i've made on my bike were to junk the cat and fit a Quat-D exhaust.
As long as you keep the O2 sensor the computer takes care of any changes.

I found the bars a bit low for my liking so i'm having some ally riser plates made to raise the bars a bit.
Because of the wiring, your limited to about an inch, but its enough to make things more comfy.
If you can find a way of lowering your footpegs a bit too that will help, moto int make suitable pegs but they are a lot of dough (especially with our crap exchange rate at the moment)

As winters here i fitted some moto-x handguards, this keeps the windchill off your hands and also makes the stock Guzzi screen work better.

You will find that the headlight sucks, especially on main beam, so i fitted a pair of Hella FF50 spots running through a relay, awsome!
Home made brackets are attached to the engine crash bars.
Oh yeah, to help ground clearance on your centre stand, cut off half of your rubber bump stop.

There, that should keep you busy till the spring! ;)

This is the diagram for the Evap system on my Norge, shouldn't be to much different then the B's. You should have a diagram in your owners manual. You simply cant just plug everything up, there should be two hoses venting the tank, both should vent out via hoses to the bottom of the bike after the can removal. I reused one of the Tee's leftover during the removal and hooked both vents together and then ran one hose to the bottom of the bike. When you remove the hoses from the throttle body runners you can either use a 6mm bolt and copper washer to seal or connect the two bodies together with a hose. If the Breva system has a hose going to the air box as did my V7, I simply cut the hose near the box and stuck a bolt with tape around the threads for an air tight seal.

Welcome aboard !

Clipboard01-1.jpg

thanks guys for this. I'm going to re-read and ponder. Definitely the calif. evap system has to go - annoying that they put it on bikes for the Canadian market (KTM does as well, but not triumph). So as well as the cannister, I also have a really annoying cluttered clock that has big mpg and small km/h - I'd way rather just have the kms because it looks better and also, that way, if I'm touring south of the line I can try to play the dumb canuck who doesn't understand these foreigh "mile" thingummies (it's actually quite disheartening that the american cops and sherrifs buy that routine 90% of the time...) So anyway, thanks for that information Draidt I will trace all the tubing and see if I can't figure it out. My garage is a nice balmy -10C...

Londonrob, (I take it you're in London England not London, Ont?) - thanks for all the project ideas. Definitely will keep me busy. I do recall that the centrestand is a bit low. I'm not going to worry about the headlight though - around here, riding at night is really really dangerous. If you don't hit a deer, it'll be a pronghorn antelope. Or in the north part of our province, it'll be a wapiti (elk) or a moose. Any of which can really spoil your ride.

Anyone have experience and good advice about aftermarket exhaust specifically with the B1100? I followed the link given by Mike C and now have more questions than ever...

Ian
Saskatoon, Canada
(the Paris of the Prairies)

Also go over all the nuts and bolts. The center stand and side stand bolts have been know to come loose. I'd double check the valve clearances before riding. It is not part of the PDI and most dealers don't check them. I've never seen a bike come from the factory with the valves adjusted properly.

Actually, best to Loctite the side- & centerstand bolts, they seem to really want to come off eventually irrespective of apparant tightness unless you do.

Actually, best to Loctite the side- & centerstand bolts, they seem to really want to come off eventually irrespective of apparant tightness unless you do.

Yeah, and I can tell you from experience that it's hard as hell to locate replacement bolts for the side stand when they vibrate out. They don't have a Guzzi replacement part number and are not available from your dealer. If they vibrate out, you're on your own.

crswa wrote:
Yeah, and I can tell you from experience that it's hard as hell to locate replacement bolts for the side stand when they vibrate out. They don't have a Guzzi replacement part number and are not available from your dealer. If they vibrate out, you're on your own.

Hex Socket Screw M12 x 35, part number 98231235. But it's probably easier to buy locally, than wait for the Guzzi Logistics Train to supply. Better yet, Loctite 'em before they go.

Just thought I us this topic to re-introduce myself to the forum having only just gotten re-registered.

My Breva is currently a little neglected, this is the first winter for several years during which I’ve not been riding. Probably a good thing as here in the UK we are having our coldest winter for some years.

I had the bike in the garage just this morning though, fitting my new Guzzi heated grips and giving her a service so as to be ready for action at the first sign of spring.

Cheers folks
JB

Back