• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New California 1400 Touring

Yes, it is the one that was posted on the list. I had done a quick half hearted search for any for sale on Google and it came up.

abbienormal said:
Yes, it is the one that was posted on the list. I had done a quick half hearted search for any for sale on Google and it came up.
Excellent. Care to pass on/post on your VIN# and related for the Registry? Seems I can't get any Tour owners to post.

Per your earlier request I already posted it to the link you supplied.

Re: Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Postby abbienormal » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Serial number ZGULVC001EM111606
California touring
Rudy Gallucci (aka Abbienormal)
Niles, OH

Sorry, no pictures with me and the bike yet. It is snowing out!

abbienormal said:
Per your earlier request I already posted it to the link you supplied. Sorry, no pictures with me and the bike yet. It is snowing out!
Ah, got it, it was Date of Purchase I was wondering about. Keep warm, Spring will be here for you hopefully soon.

You can have the factory windshield without the lightbar. I have one on my custom.

MB

Attachments

• DSCN0626.JPG
    DSCN0626.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 445
Fanbelt said:
You can have the factory windshield without the lightbar. I have one on my custom.

MB

yes, if you buy a windshield, it comes with the lower bracket. IF you got your windshield as OEM with a Touring, you did not get a lower bracket.

I just picked up my '14 California Touring, did a grand total of 50kms so far on her. Loving the ride!! Loving the uniqueness of the MG. Just getting used to the differences between a Sports Tourer, Kawasaki Concours, and the California! Only looking for footpegs twice so far! This is my first 2 cylinder, first non-Japanese, first cruiser style... Not regretting the decision at all!!

I just picked up my '14 California Touring, did a grand total of 50kms so far on her. Loving the ride!! Loving the uniqueness of the MG. Just getting used to the differences between a Sports Tourer, Kawasaki Concours, and the California! Only looking for footpegs twice so far! This is my first 2 cylinder, first non-Japanese, first cruiser style... Not regretting the decision at all!!
Well congrats and welcome aboard here. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry page; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/cal1400-registry-pics-thread-add-your-bike.11538/ - Did you keep the other bikes? Warning: Guzzi's are highly addictive. Good luck in owning just one. Hope you post often.

I'm new on here and just doing pre-purchase research on the California Tour version. I have been riding for 45 years, dirt to street. 175CC to GL1800 and just about everything in between so it seems. Currently riding a Triumph Thunderbird SE 1700 and not crazy about it. Looking now to replace it with another cruiser but better suited for touring. I am not a Harley Davidson fan and never have been, don't like to ride what everybody else rides. So I can really appreciate some of the comments made in this thread, especially those of Mtiberio as very candid objective observations from an owner. These comments are extremely important to people like me researching a bike before purchase. It's easy to go to a competitive forum and ask about another brand and they'll trash it on principal alone and likewise most people will defend the bike they've purchase because nobody wants to admit they may have not purchased the best bike for their riding style or needs. I've always been objective about the bikes I've purchased when people ask because it can be a huge amount of money to somebody to spend (I disliked my GL1800 Airbag greatly). I've been reading just about everything I can find on this forum and a couple of others relative to the Cali-1400 and for the most part the bike sounds fairly solid. I am concerned about a couple of things, the cracking headers, heat from the cylinders and re-mapping options. The aftermarket for Guzzi is probably worse than Triumph but that may work itself out if the brand catches on more here in the US. Almost all OEM seats suck, I've had to replace every seat on all the cruisers and tourers I've owned, no surprise there. I do like fairings for protection and electronics so the lack of an aftermarket Batwing type fairing option from anybody for the Cali is an issue for me. I'm used to shaft drive and prefer it over belt regardless of the whine and lash some pick up on. Belt's squeak and can be easily damaged by a small rock, not cheap to replace either. I'm also watching the Indian forums since I'm also considering that option depending on what Polaris does with the 2015 models, so far the belt drive, very high cost of accessories, and warranty restrictions are keeping me away. Dealer distance for Guzzi and Indian are about the same for me so that's a non-issue. I do 95% of all my own maintenance and repairs anyway. I won't be buying a 2014 anything regardless, so thank you for the comments and information posted on this forum and others, although I will say the Guzzi forums are pretty dead quiet compared to the Indian and the HD Rushmore forums.

I picked up my new 1400 on the 17th from Moto Guzzi Portland and headed to the Oregon Guzzi Club's Jim Brandes Memorial Camp Out on the Oregon coast. It was one wet weekend, didn't even ride the bike on Sat. Sunday I rode from Tillamook to Newport and into Corvalis for the OVM bike show. Lot's of people checking this bad boy out. All I can say is what an amazing machine. I feel totally at ease in the first 600 miles compared to my EV's. A lot more room for this big guy, tons of power, handles great, and a very plush ride. Now all I need is a trailer hitch so I can tow my camper. Should be coming soon. All it took was a test ride and it was a done deal for me. I would predict some great sales for Guzzi with this machine. :D :D :D

941925_10200662753084467_618155746_n.jpg
I'm curious if you ever found a tow hitch for your 1400 Guzzi. I'm looking to get one for my 2014 Cali. I also happen to be in Vancouver.

He must have , because I've seen him at numerous rallies on the west coast over the last few years and he usually has his
trailer with him . Peter

Back