• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Calsci touring windshields for Norge

marklawrence

Just got it firing!
Norge1.jpg

• Vented for minimum turbulence and back pressure
  • Available in three heights
  • Excellent coverage of head and torso
  • Quiet cockpit area, with much less noise and turbulence than stock
  • Made from 4.5mm thick (3/16) DOT certified impact resistant plastic
  • Laser cut for precision aerodynamics and fit

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Norgeprod.html

Mark, promise to get the info back to you, and the images edited from two weekend's ago here in the next day or so. I took over 100 photos, and editing them is taking some time, aside from my words (here and to you). I'll reply via e-mail tomorrow.

So Todd,
Have you tested the new screens on a Norge...?

I like the idea of Mark's method for figuring out which height screen that one would use... I have to wait until my Norge is back from Heli-Bars to perform this test and order the screen...

I wish I had known about the development of the screen so that I could have been a tester... B)

Can you provide any input as to the height used by an average sized rider...? Was there anything addressed also what would be done during the colder months (Sorry, we have cold here, remember...? ) with the vent opening...?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

you going to try one?
I'll wait for your report ;)

I figured the vent was just for pressure balance / noise.

Rob, et al, I am in the middle of my write up, so I'll hold comments for then. The vent supposedly helps with turbulence and back pressure... and seems to work. The height of my shield was a little tall for me, so I'll likely try a shorter version. I'll post more hopefully later tonight here.

g®eg,
Yes I am but I won't have the Norge back for two more weeks while Harry finishes up the design on the bars.

I am fairly confident that I will be able to go with the + 2.5" higher screen from Mark just using the chart on the CalSci site but I can wait a little bit to read the report from Todd for a more input.

Go to the CalSci site and check out the "Yard Stick" measuring method.. Ingenious

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Todd,
No rush... Tonight will be good.... :laugh:

Radzo...

Heli-bars for the Norge? That would be great!

When I am riding the Norge for 8 or more hours a day, the one thing I crave most is a slight amount of adjustability (sp?). A bit more sweepback would be great. But mostly just the ability to have even a small amount of change would make the big days easier on the body.

The stock bar towers/mounts seem to limit the rotation of both the brake and clutch. Occasionally I wouldd like to adjust these as well.

Will there be a Heli-bar for the Norge? Will it address my desires?

Taking a long trip this summer, 10k or so. Would love to have some adjustability for the trip.

Thanks,
Tom

dualguzzis wrote:
Heli-bars for the Norge? That would be great!

Will there be a Heli-bar for the Norge? Will it address my desires?

Thanks,
Tom

Hey Tom,
I called Heli last Monday to see is they were done with the Norge, Jennifer told me that Harry had about two more weeks work to do on it so, by my calculations I should be getting her back next Monday or so...

I actually do not know what the configuration is going to be... I gave Harry my opinion of what I thought should be done and we were on the same page that the bars should come back, up and the angle changed slightly to relieve the bent wrist.

So anyway, I will post a new thread here as soon as I get the Norge back with the new bars, photos and details.

Where you heading this year...? 10K blast... sa-weet.

Best,
rd

Being a shortarse the stock screen is fine for me.

I would like some adjustability in the bars, but then I'd lose the hand protection - up and back would be nice, but that would put my hands in the windblast.

Zebee

zebee wrote:
I would like some adjustability in the bars, but then I'd lose the hand protection - up and back would be nice, but that would put my hands in the windblast.

Zebee

This is a bit premature as I have not installed them yet but....

I bought a set of BMW R1150R handguards to put on the Norge for those really cold times of year. I choose these after seeing a set on a friend's Beemer and they do not anchor at the end of the bar so I can retain the Throttlemiester...

I have to fab some small mounting brackets to get them on and I don't even know if they will interfere with the stock fairing but I'll post up the details when I get them on. Basically they will bolt up to teh hydraulic clutch and brake masters and control perches.

Best,
rd

rd,

I live in Portland, Oregon and need to be in Michigan in late June. I'm also interested in seeing some good racing along the way and anywhere I can. Got a few vintage road races and a flat track or two scheduled.

Then I was thinking of heading east as far as I can ride, Nova Scotia probably. I toured eastern Canada a few years back on a BMW LT (light truck) I owned for a while and loved it (eastern Canada, NOT the LT). Quebec is wonderful. The French Canadians do things their own way, and their motorcycles are an extension of that. They called me "Professor Gadget" in broken English when inspecting the LT while waiting for a ferry to cross the St. Lawrence Seaway.

During a trip a couple of years ago on the Norge, I spent time around Yellowstone and the Montana Rockies. The possibilities for great riding in this area seem limitless. But the problem is the in-between area, the prairies. This is where I really desired some adjustability in the bars.

I’m about to hit Rich’s Custom Saddles in Seattle to get a seat built for the Norge. He is the best I’ve experienced. You really have to commit the time to have a seat properly built by him but the two that I’ve ridden on were outstanding.

I just installed Stucci crash bars on the Norge so I have to try all this new giz out this summer, hopefully not actually test the “crash” bars. But the adjustability of the bars would make a great bike even better. Can't wait to hear about the bars.

Tom

I recently recieved and installed my Calsci windshield for the Norge. Although winter has not left this part of the province (Nothern Alberta) i was able to get a small ride done on Friday March 10 of 120km round trip.

I found the winshield to be a good product in quality, fit and finnish. The weather was in my favour on Friday and I found the windsheild to meet my expectation and to be superior for over the stock winsheild. There was a lot less turbulance and noise in the cockpit area and a whole lot less bufetting that was created with the use of the stock windsheild. I mounted the large size on my bike and so far it does what is expected and supports the instructions on "How to choose the best windshield height for you" provided on the Calsci website.

In fairness the riding seaon has only begun with longer rides lying ahead. I am more interested what benefits the winsheild it will have riding in weather and rain, crosswinds and traffic turbulence. Heading for Alaska May 27. My opinon is that the folks at CalSci take there customer seriously and work to develop products based on customer input and feedback.

Ron

I am 5`9. Depending on the position of the electric ajuster i am looking looking over it( retracted) or sligjtly above it (extended). Also using the lowered Norge seat.

Ron

michaudr wrote:
I am 5`9. Depending on the position of the electric ajuster i am looking looking over it( retracted) or sligjtly above it (extended). Also using the lowered Norge seat.

Ron

Wow, 5-9 and you use the large screen...? So do you keep it in the lower position all the time...? I know you have not been out much yet so that probably is not a fair question.

I too like the measuring method on the Calsci website and I plan to use it with mine but I am guessing that I will only buy the +2-1/2" higher screen. When I do the measurements I'll know though.

Thanks for the report, good input.

Best,
Rob

At 5'5", I got one of the Calsci shields to test on my Norge. Do not know which one, but apparantly not the shortest one, as I found it way, way too tall to enable looking over it, no matter what the position-& I refuse to use any shield that has me looking through it. Frankly, for shorter folk like myself, I think the height of the stock shiield as perfectly adequate, as the range of motion goes from looking just over it, to easlly looking over it, which is the range that I want, esp for the warmer climate here in So Cal. If there were to be a shield with the same height as stock, but wider-ie, not narrowing down at the top as the stock one does-I think that would be useful for the winter, or trips to higher altitude or cooler climes. Anything taller than stock, not for me.

If it's too tall, sent it back with a note and some masking tape on it. We cut down windshields for customers, no charge.

Mark

Mark, I have over 50 large photos to get to you. How best to send them? Probably easiest to link them to you online, though I have had zero time to edit any of them. Advise.

Direct e-mail to follow as well.

Any other input like guzzibob's feedback on these screens...?

Todd,
Did you have a chance to evaluate the CalSci set up...?

I get the Norge back tomorrow and I will do the measurements first thing to order one from Mark...

Best,
Rob

marklawrence wrote:
If it's too tall, sent it back with a note and some masking tape on it. We cut down windshields for customers, no charge.

Mark

So Mark, what if, say, hypothetically, I wanted your shield for it's width up top but knew I wanted it stock height, or maybe just 1" taller than stock-I'm thinking you know what that height is & I could order it cut that way specifically for me right from start, not have to ship the thing back & forth? Course, that implies not returnable I suppose.

Back