• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Connecticut dealership

AZRider

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hamlin Cycles in Bethel CT, owned by my friend Jim Hamlin, has just gotten the Guzzi franchise.

Jim has been a fixture in the Connecticut motorcycle community for three decades, working at several dealerships. Jim encountered Moto Guzzi when he came to Branchville Motorsports (which closed in 2013), and bought a Norge. Over his years in the business, Jim has become known as the go-to guy for improving sport and sport-touring bikes to their optimum for speedy road riding. He was hired by Twisted Throttle to set up their in-house farkling shop, which he did before coming back to Connecticut to open his own place.

Hamlin Cycles opened as an independent shop this past Spring. After many months of red tape, they placed their first order for Guzzis this week and expect bikes on the floor by the end of the month. If the State grants their license change from used-only to new vehicle sales on schedule, they will even be able to sell the bikes when they arrive. Jim learned Tonti-frame and smallblock stuff at Branchville, and riding a Norge (aggressively) has led him to learn a lot about modern Guzzis.

Obviously I like this guy, and I like having a Guzzi dealer 20 minutes from my house. But I really do think that Hamlin is the kind of dealership Guzzi needs: Dedicated, enthusiast-run, connected to Guzzi for the long haul, and not afraid to take on serious customizing projects for customers.

So did he get the license and is there a website? I am in New Canaan and would be great not to have to go up to New Haven.

Yes, he did Bikes are in stock.
Jim's one of the best triumph techs east of the Mississippi. We travel 6 hours to his shop for suspension work on out Triumph bikes-he's that good. You Guzzi guys are in for a real treat. What this shop does for front forks and custom valved rear shocks is nothing short of perfect.
I can't recommend him enough.

In winter riders from all over ship their front forks to get "hamlinized".

So, I commissioned a V7 Stone build that they are working on over the winter. Most important is Jim and the crew will re-do the front and rear suspention for me. It's really something when the correct components are installed and calibrated for your weight and style. Along with that is a remap from this site along with pipes and a sump extender. I'll pick it up in the spring.

So, I commissioned a V7 Stone build that they are working on over the winter. Most important is Jim and the crew will re-do the front and rear suspention for me. It's really something when the correct components are installed and calibrated for your weight and style. Along with that is a remap from this site along with pipes and a sump extender. I'll pick it up in the spring.

And Jim Hamlin is doing one for me too....just have to make the final decision between the V7 Stone or the Griso.
Hated to see the Sprint ST go but time to move to something else that's way more comfortable for this aging retired rider.

And Jim Hamlin is doing one for me too....just have to make the final decision between the V7 Stone or the Griso.
Hated to see the Sprint ST go but time to move to something else that's way more comfortable for this aging retired rider.

As of 02/21/2015 I'm getting a 2015 V7 Stone in Red and Jim Hamlin is in the process of many enhancements.

As of 02/21/2015 I'm getting a 2015 V7 Stone in Red and Jim Hamlin is in the process of many enhancements.
Congrats Gerry, hope you'll add your info to the Registry HERE the minute you have it. Welcome to the GT Famiglia.

BTB-Bennington Triumph Bash in Bennington, VT. It's a few weeks before the NH event.
Gerry and I have Triumph bikes also. We do get a few other bikes-you're welcomed to join. Lots of MA riders in attendance. Weekend after Memorial Day.
There was a nice story about us in Nov 2014 issue of Motorcycle Cruiser magazine

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I stick to Euro bikes though. Don't want to get into the bizarre English non-system of thread sizes.

Although I do have a fondness for for the old British singles.

BTB-Bennington Triumph Bash in Bennington, VT. It's a few weeks before the NH event.
Gerry and I have Triumph bikes also. We do get a few other bikes-you're welcomed to join. Lots of MA riders in attendance. Weekend after Memorial Day.
There was a nice story about us in Nov 2014 issue of Motorcycle Cruiser magazine

Well, I had a Triumph (2009 Sprint ST ABS) but since I only have room for one bike in the garage I traded it for the enhanced V7.

The Bennington Bash, although a grass roots Triumph event, welcomes all brands.

The common bond is a love of motorcycles, great rides in VT, food, friendship, cookies, beer and for thoes that enjoy the experience..cigars.

There is camping for thoes that enjoy that.

See if this link works for you.

http://www.armchaircommando.org/bennington/BenningtonTriumphBash/Home.html

Well done. I'll be there sometime in may prior to The Bash to pick up my bike. IF it ever warms up.....minus 7F today!

Jim,

A blistering 30 degrees most of today plus an additional 4 inches of snow.

I may have to pay Jim to store the bike once she's together.

We will have to take pictures of the bikes together when you pick up yours. We can bill ourselves as the "Stoner Brothers"..

Here she is out of the box and awaiting upgrades and enhancements.

9F47B35C-0353-40DC-A51A-C58735615E80_zpsey3j4wae.jpg

B9D5FDCF-D949-4D2B-9AD6-B1791ACD7745_zpsy5ufhodx.jpg

Back