• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New crossover fo the Breva

I removed the cat and bolted on the GuzziTech B11 crossover to the stock muffler. I've put about 200 miles on it and love it.

Fit & Finish: Simply outstanding. It bolted right up and the welding on it is impressive.

Power: The bike pulls better between 3-5k. There is a noticeable difference in engine speed. The motor picks up RPM's much quicker. It surprised me at how fast my RPM indicator was blinking.

Sound: Deeper under load and now sounds like a Guzzi. Gone is the scooter sound. For those concerned with it being too loud, have no fears. The GT crossover with stock muffler is still relatively quiet. I can't notice difference in sound at idle.

Weight: If you're looking to shed some pounds off your B11, remove the cat. It weighed in at 9.5 lbs. The crossover is a small fraction of that. The stock muffler is also a beast. Between the cat and stock muffler, you should be able to shed around 20 lbs.

Decel Popping: With the stock set up, I did not have any decel popping. I now have some occasional popping.

Installation: It was a perfect fit. The one not so obvious thing you will have to do is back out the starter (no need to remove it) and cut a zip tie holding the O2 sensor wiring. The location of the O2 sensor is moved further back on the crossover, so you will need some slack to reach it (see pic below).

In summary, I am glad I waited for this crossover.

The cat bag tends to dry out the grease on the center stand and all this talk about the bag has made me buy a xover. I went for the mistral based on price and quality. It's coming from Italy from Michel at Mistal. I got carried away a got a can as well. I came so close to a carbon race (it looks so good) can but chickened out when the stevio riders said they were to loud. Also I don't think the carbon stick on film will survive all the crap the tyre chucks up. So I went for a cheap alloy road legal. The mistal xover 100$ cheaper than guzzitech. I hopin the new stuff comes with all the clamps etc. and I get that classic guzzi sound.

When I checked MG Cycle had the Mistral for $370, vs $395 for GuzziTechs version.

I bought Mistrals from Agostoni a few years back, everything worked great!

Well thats probably the recommend price including dealer mark up. If you cut out the dealer?

I agree with NeroGuzzi. Just got the GuzziTech crossover on my 06 Breva 1100. Very pleased. Sounds better, midrange response is sharper, bike is cooler, all good. No problems getting it on the bike. Good work, Todd, thanks again!

Calling a Y-pipe an X-over must indeed be the hallmark of an artist :D

Heh, you might want to get your hands on a set of the recalled items - they're bound to disappear => rare => collectors' items => pricey! :silly:

Finally got around to installing the GuzziTech crossover I got from Todd/Price a couple months back. Guys, it fit perfect, the bike seems a bit quicker off idle (maybe more than a bit?) - I haven't had any issues with popping or anything - genuinely, it's feeling like it's runing better. It went on really easily and I am genuinely pleased. It feels to me there's a bit more kick in the backside about 3-4 k

My only issue, as others have warned here, is that the cable of the lambda sensor is a bit short and without removing the starter, it was quite a pain to get enough slack. And a very minor niggle is that the stock clamps were too big for the GT crossover where it attaches to the headers so I had to go searching for smaller clamps...

So the next mods to make are an aftermarket can and the daes mototec fairing, and then Todd's PC wondergizmo... No more tinkering for a bit - when you live at 54 degrees lattitude ya gotta ride during the short sweet summer while it lasts...

Ian

Does anyone have any feedback on which is the better crossover, Mistral or Guzzi Tech GT-R? What about other options?

Every thing is a compromise. Any X-over is better than the cat bag. I have the mistral but cannot recommend it because when mounted the lamba sensor rubs the frame. The down pipes are displaced to the left to compensate.

MarkB said:
Does anyone have any feedback on which is the better crossover, Mistral or Guzzi Tech GT-R? What about other options?

I have the GT-R and love it. It has been on the bike for about 14k miles and I have had no issues with it. In terms of quality, the GT-R far exceeds the mistral. Keep in mind the O2 sensor is appropriately located where it is capturing exhaust from both cylinders.

nel
I too have a mistral x over and got rid of the dreaded cat. no more sauna effect. lol. sounds more light a guzzi :-D
(and now looking for a smaller machine to join it too :-D :-D guzzi of course non fuel injection if poss.)

Mistral is very tight to the frame and requires some thought when installing. you can see daylight between lambda sensor and frame but still tight. although i didnt go through the head scratching that one guy did ( guzzi club GB) when installing a pipe from agostini's- agree the signature and made in mandello is the peice de resistance :-D

Steve
Bury St. Edmunds
GB

Back