Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

"New" Eldorado---Instrument issues

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by ediehl, Jun 6, 2020.

1. ediehl

ediehl Just got it firing!

I just bought a 2016 Eldorado (sweet!) with only a bit more than 5K miles. First time I started it up when I got it home, it was displaying an URGENT SERVICE message on the dash. I didn't notice that at the seller's home. I restarted it a couple times and it went away, and rode fine, but today the message was back---off and on. The bike still rode fine, and the message was not displaying as I rode. I also am unable to change it out of VELOCE mode. I start the bike and don't touch the throttle, and press the Mode button in (the manual says press 'the button', and I've not found any buttons other than the Mode button. Nothing happens---VELOCE stays on the dash, and doesn't go into that negative appearance that the manual says to watch for. I've tried various combinations of short presses and long presses, pressing twice, etc, but usually nothing happens, or sometimes it goes into the setting mode for one of the other dash functions. Am I missing something here? The bike was supposedly purchased new in may of 2019, and so I should be able to transfer the remaining warranty, but of course there is no Guzzi dealer near me in Greenville, SC (there used to be a couple not terribly far away---I've heard there's one in Charlotte now)

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

3. FrankZ

FrankZ Tuned and Synch'ed GT di Razza Pura

Regarding mapping selection, you probably missed the paragraph about the button.The button you press is the starter button. Five seconds after you start the bike, the starter button becomes the selector for the mapping, and will not activate the starter.

4. ediehl

ediehl Just got it firing!

Thanks much, that worked just fine. I still haven't found where the User Manual mentions the 'starter' button (it says just 'the button'), but maybe it's mentioned somewhere else in the manual. I was reading somewhere around page 90. The URGENT SERVICE message has gone away again; guess I'll just play it by ear, since everything else seems to be fine.

5. FrankZ

FrankZ Tuned and Synch'ed GT di Razza Pura

The paragraph that mentions the starter button is above the one that says to push the button, I blew right past it when I tried to look it up to confirm the procedure. It's been awhile since I used that feature, so I wanted to be sure I was giving you the correct info. Mine stays in Veloce, haven't bothered with the other two since I first got it.

Without going into the computer to look to see if any codes set, the only recommendation I would make would be to make sure the oil's full, and check the voltage reading on the dash, which should be about 13.9 to 14.2. That Urgent Service message seems to be a vague indicator, doesn't pinpoint the specific problem.

Happy Motoring
    Frank

6. SheikRamzi

SheikRamzi Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Just agreed to purchase a 2017 California 1400 Touring. Does anyone have a downloadable copy of the owner's manual?

7. Motorcop

Motorcop Just got it firing!

Check on Cadre Cycle website. I think they have a downloadable version.