• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Griso 11 owner with general questions

garysym

Just got it firing!
Hello all. Great forum here!

Just picked up a new 07 Griso for a great price. Overall, I love the bike, but it seems to be lurching a bit at low speeds (as in turning into a parking lot) when I throttle back on. Simply a function of the shaft drive? I know it's geared quite differently than my Triumph Adventurer, so perhaps it's an issue with my gear selection?

Thanks for any help.

Gary

it used to get me at first.

Tighten up the slack in the throttle cable, that's 90% of the problem. It allows you much more precise control of the throttle.

THERE IS SLOP IN THE DRIVE. This is normal. When my bike was new it would lurch, and clank loudly. The problem has smoothed out a lot after 4k miles.

It still lurches a bit, but it's pretty minor. Another interesting guzzi quirk. A strange behavior that goes away with break in.

Enjoy
-Clam

Yes, part of that is due to the shaft drive. As mentioned, dialing out just about all of the throttle cable slack helps. And it does tend to get better with age and experience.
But there was a recall of some of the early bikes for excessive driveline noise. Unfortuneately this recall did not seem to cross the pond to America as it was deemed "not a safety issue". I inquired about it with my local dealer and was told there was no recall like that for the US. But after 20,000 miles and replacing the trans oil with Redline Shock Proof Heavy the noise has gotten better (although last night I rode my bike down the block and back with out a helmet on, just needed to be sure the speedo was working after messin' with it, and could not believe how loud and clattery the bike was).

Welcome to the nut-house Gary. Great Bike... you'll love it:)

Cable adjustment makes a huge difference. Not all bikes are set-up spot on so far as throttle body balance and TPS setting. If they are off, it could make low speed surging a little worse. Not a big deal, but be sure you make sure its checked at first service.
Mine got WAY better with break in too.

Mine is nearing 30,00klm and the drive lash is still there, the throttle cables have minute play and the TBS is good. I just live with it now and have learned to manipulate the clutch to minimise the effect. 98% of my riding is blasting around the hills :woohoo: and highway cruising to get there. I don't enjoy city riding at all :angry:

Drive line shunt on my '06 G11 is ing awful. You'll see my pained bleatings on this elsewhere on the forum.

I've had the TPS balanced several times. I've had one shop tell me that they are all like that. I've had another do recall work adding some spacers somewhere - no difference. It's in next week to have a bush replaced on the CARC torque arm.

I've long since taken ALL of the slack out of the throttle cable for all the good that did. I've only got 3k miles on the bike now. Not sure how it can improve with miles unless it has to soften up the driveline shock absorber wherever that is.

If it hasn't improved or I've still not got used to it by the end of the year then it will be on eBay in the Spring.

Thank you all for your replies. Many of you mention taking up slack in the throttle cables. What's the job entail, or where can I find out more about it?

Thanks again.

Hi Gary
You'll find copies of the manuals on the site (https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Manuals.html)
and the throttle cables are located on the left throttle body, read the section on the
TPS (throttle position sensor) as there is a screw there that is factory set and will trash the baseline
for the TPS if it is moved.
Have a look at the suspension setting thread in the forum for some base settings as the stock
settings are way too harsh,
I've finally got mine sorted after 12 months of swearing B) .
Enjoy the G11 and if its anything like mine you'll love it.
later swagzz

Thanks, swagzz and everyone. I've downloaded the shop manual and will start reading...

Actually, as far as the suspension goes, I thought it was pretty good as is, but maybe that's just a function of what I'm comparing it to (i.e. Triumph Adventurer).

Now if I could just figure out the damn trip computer (lol).

Gary

I adjusted the slack out of cables at the twist grip end. 'twas a work of moments.

Back