• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Griso / Norge / Stelvio Recall - Rear Suspension

marcsiry

Tuned and Synch'ed
Received this letter in the mail- my 2013 Griso 8V is in the "affected VIN range" for this rear suspension recall- a replacement double connecting rod. NHTSA ID # 13V-323

Now I am going to wait for someone to tell me this is my fault for not riding the bike correctly :roll:

Not your fault. Should be a simple update... *IF* the parts are in stock in the U.S. Cross fingers.

Looks like about 600 bikes are in the recall range. Three failures (all Norge, all in Europe). I'm guessing that Piaggio is recalling all parts from a large batch they got from a single supplier, just to make sure nothing slips through the crack. I just did 2K+ miles on mine last week...no problems. My link looks perfect. This is an easy thing to replace so it's just a matter of getting the parts. It also appears that Piaggio is expediting delivery of these parts.

Peter Y.

My dealer in Yorktown, Va., has been aware of the recall for some time, but hasn't been able to to order parts or get replacement approval for specific bikes from Piaggio . Now the red tape has been untangled and the parts should be here by the middle of next week.

This was an international recall, and Piaggio started sending notices in Europe more than a month ago before moving to Australia and finally to the U.S., sending out letters to owners here just over a week ago. It's a complicated business, and it seems they're doing the right thing -- albeit more slowly and methodically than some of us would have preferred.

I've postponed a couple of planned trips to get my Griso fixed before shoving off on a long haul. I know some braver souls are dismissing the risk and there have been no serious accidents so far. But I'd rather be safe than left stranded (or worse.)

THe dealer I contacted about it had not heard about it yet, so I faxed them the info. They called me yesterday to say that they have ordered the part and it should arrive in 3-5 days.

I just had my 2012 Norge rear suspension link replaced under the recall. I looked under the bike today, and noticed there was no lock-nut on the bolt that connects the rear shock to the link. It seems like the bolt might back out without it. Does anyone know if a locking nut is required? It seems like the bolt was made long enough for one.

TEAKDUST

pyoungbl said:
Looks like about 600 bikes are in the recall range. Three failures (all Norge, all in Europe). I'm guessing that Piaggio is recalling all parts from a large batch they got from a single supplier, just to make sure nothing slips through the crack. I just did 2K+ miles on mine last week...no problems. My link looks perfect. This is an easy thing to replace so it's just a matter of getting the parts. It also appears that Piaggio is expediting delivery of these parts.

Peter Y.
I got the rear suspension recall letter on my 2012 Griso back in August. Called my nearest dealer (200 miles away). He did not know anything about it (!). Called them about it again, twice over the next month. They said they had ordered the parts, and would call me when they came in. No call. I've just been gone for 5 weeks, but no message from them in the meantime. From what I have read, probably not their fault. I guess Italian Motorcycle manufacturers are hell to deal with..... Anyway, I read somewhere that the problem is cracks in the wishbone link under the shock, and I have read on this forum also that the shock ? can contact the link ? under hard compression ? So, what I am deducing is that maybe the impacting of these two components under load is stressing the link to where in some cases the metal of the link is cracking ? Is that right ? I have been checking under there before and after every ride, but i don't see any (obvious) cracks. I am not worrying about it too much, but I will contact the dealer again this week.

From a local guy who does this warranty work, the casting of the dog leg is slightly larger in some respect which can cause the bottom of the shock to make contact with it on full compression.
If you hold a faulty one and a good one in each hand you can see the difference.

Back